It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build a wall ? Trump should shut down the US Government till a budget is passed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Man Schumer and Pelosi seem so uncomfortable. How many times did one of them say they needed to discuss this in private? I do not see how anyone cannot see how shifty those people are.

Just total slime mold.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Much of the govt is already funded. This would only shut down about one fourth of it. No essential services will be affected, most people will not even notice any change.

Trump is playing games with this. He should just build it. Use military funds or whatever. $5 billion is just petty cash to this govt.

Say he does just build the wall. What are the Democrats going to do? Tear it down?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The way I see it....

They're all 'Oh noooze! Think of the people Mr P. If you shut down the government, people will die!'.

He's all like 'So you want to give the people what they "need" and I want to give them what they want. Either you do it or I wont play ball'.

Don't play ball Mr P. Screw those guys. Let's see what REALLY happens when the government shuts down. I'm behind you! What we need is what we've been wanting and those bas-tards apparently don't hear us.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well if you're going to use the word "pompous" to describe Schumer or Pelosi, don't be so selective and exclude Trump, lol. It's really ridiculous to think any of these "wealthy political representatives" have "you" or the rest of the public's best interest at heart. Ask yourself what has "both political parties and U.S. presidents" done to address the dire issues facing Americans today?? When I speak of dire issues I'm talking about affordable healthcare for "all" Americans, big pharma taking advantage of people fighting for their lives, consumer rights and their privacy, the high cost of a college education and the enormous amount of debt being strapped to young college graduates, the lack of financing and improving of our public schools, government which is double and triple taxing it's citizens...and the list can go on.

"Both democrats and republicans" are more interested in playing partisan politics, using public scare tactics and holding on to their office which of course includes the best healthcare, pension, salaries and power. These same elected officials want to take away benefits Americans have paid into while "preserving their benefits." Yet you're going to come to the defense of a billionaire president who has used his office to benefit his own business interests and those top 10%. LOL, why should he care if he shuts down the government and leave thousands of government workers with families out of work? He and his family surely won't be affected. It's the same mentality for all our elected officials. It's exactly the reason why nothing is done on behalf of the American people!

We had a candidate who was willing to address these issues (Bernie Sanders), yet the party mentality and scare tactics used by conservatives, squelched any productive attention this man could have given to these issues facing the majority of Americans. I'm so tired of Americans like you shooting yourselves in the foot. You defend these a-holes who do nothing but lie and talk about addressing issues affecting all Americans, but can't work together for a solution due to their party label and self-interests.

I really don't know how much more this president can do until supporters come to their senses and realize what an idiot this president really is. There's a reason why when you Google idiot, Trumps picture pop's up. If the shoe fits wear it, lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It wasn't that long ago that Trump was telling people that Mexico will pay for the Wall. Now he's threatening to shut down the government because Congress won't appropriate the funds for it.

And people try to argue that Trump is different from other politicians.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Self driving cars are coming, it's a reality. Sticking your head in the sand won't stop it.
Hey why not. Let the Federal government invest billions into private corps putting everyone out of a job. Hell make it a trillion dollars. It's coming so lets just make our economic doom a foregone conclusion, and ASAP so as to ensure the most extreme possible social upheaval (er downheaval) from it.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'd rather see Trump militarize the border than bulld a wall. Landmines are much more effective & cheaper than a wall. Democrat politicians have 3 choices fund the wall, B.S. government shutdown or militarize the border. Its their choice. What we know for sure is, we the people, will not have open borders & will not tolerate illegal immigration.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If the House and Senate pass a bill, he should shut up and sign the MF'er.

He still seems to be ignorant of the fact that the U.S. hasn't even acquired the privately owned land it would need to even think about the wall, outside areas where there....already is a wall.

The process of acquiring that land? Probably five years of work or more.
edit on 12-12-2018 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
I'd rather see Trump militarize the border than bulld a wall. Landmines are much more effective & cheaper than a wall. Democrat politicians have 3 choices fund the wall, B.S. government shutdown or militarize the border. Its their choice. What we know for sure is, we the people, will not have open borders & will not tolerate illegal immigration.

That's what I've said for months now, except without the landmines part. If he declares all federal land along the border to be a military base, he can fortify it however he wants, legally. He can use military funds and Army engineers. Afterward he can turn it into a regular border again if he wants to but the wall will be there.

This idea has not proven to be very popular on ATS so far.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

will not have open borders & will not tolerate illegal immigration.

You sound like a Democrat.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Everyone out of a job. Hyperbole much.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The Feds provide zero services that I need and I welcome a shutdown. Too bad it doesn’t stall the perpetual war machine in the process. Somehow they always have enough money to kill people.

Wow, you libertarians are the most selfish bunch I have ever seen.

A shutdown would hurt a lot of people (not just DHS either like an earlier poster commented on), but hey as long as it screws the government what do you care. Hurting a lot of people right before xmas is a kinda bad move...

I bet it doesn't happen. Schummer got trump to admit he would be responsible for it on tv, it would be a major victory for the dems if it happened. But Schummer will not get credit if it doesn't.

In all honesty it was kind of sad to see Schummer manipulate trump like that, your president is a total child and easily manipulated, he was out of his depth. We (as a society) would look down on anybody else treating someone as dumb as trump like that.

Sad.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sure sounds like you want a border like the East Germans erected minus the wall! The Berlin Wall was militarized with orders of shoot to kill. The Berlin wall was a symbol around the world of the lack of freedom under communism. Your idea totally goes against what America stands for! In fact, it took a conservative president by the name of Ronald Reagan to put pressure on the Russians to tear down the wall. To kill people trying to seek freedom is absolutely mind blowing considering you are an immigrant unless you're native American.

Any wall symbolizes a closed society. Technology has come a long way in which we can monitor the entire border without having to spend billions of dollars to build a wall. Infrared night-vision scopes, seismic sensors, and modern computer processing systems have helped Patrol locate, apprehend, and process those crossing into the U.S. illegally. Sure, we need to improve border security, but using land mines to blow up immigrants seeking freedom just goes against the idea that America is a country that was built by immigrants.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Trump will not shut down the government

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Everyone out of a job. Hyperbole much.

Over a long enough timeline pretty much 'everyone' yeah. SO lets speed up that timeline by investing taxpayer dollars into bringing that outcome about as fast as inhumanly possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Technology has come a long way in which we can monitor the entire border without having to spend billions of dollars to build a wall. Infrared night-vision scopes, seismic sensors, and modern computer processing systems have helped Patrol locate, apprehend, and process those crossing into the U.S. illegally.

The whole idea of the wall is that we don't want to locate, apprehend, and process those crossing into the U.S. illegally.

We want to keep them out, not play whack a mole.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Trump will sign an ever larger annual budget. As that benefits his banksters that own him. It's just the tru tru.

Do you mean the one's that wouldn't lend him money? Why would he do that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join