It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build a wall ? Trump should shut down the US Government till a budget is passed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here we go again. This has happened so many times in the last few decades it is unreal. A government shutdown to scare the populace.

This is the video of them after the meeting with Trump. Pelosi with the same talking points as the other thread and look how Schumer treats the press at 4:00 mark. Really? This pompous ass needs to go and he is being put in his place.

In the past it was used to circumvent passing a budget for the US. Did you know that before 1974 there was no process for a budget. Since then, there have been exactly 4 budgets passed by Congress for the US government. 44 years of spending whatever they want. Now, in the modern era when a president wants a budget, and is fighting for what he wants, he is labeled a whiner or a crybaby in the media. It is, as you see in the media, being called the Trump Shutdown. I will guarantee that is in many a headline and byline in the morning.

See, the US government is using something called a Continuing Resolution to keep the government working and prevent a shutdown. Those who do not understand how it works are easily led to believe that there is a budget each year and that is what the shutdown argument is about. No, the shutdown argument they have is for a no questions extension. Imagine calling a bill collector and telling him to wait 3 months and don't telll anyone. That is what they have been doing and Trump does not like it.

In 2013 Congress passed the Continuing Appropriations Act. Look it up. It just keeps moving on with no oversight and no real budget. It is just politicians behind closed doors, without the press, like they both wanted in this meeting. Like this gem..from the woman not wanting to work with Trump.

So, Mr Trump, no is the time to dig in. Do not waver. Do not let those who want the waste to continue win because if you do, sorry to say, you are going to lose support.

Allow the shutdown to show them you mean business. Demand a budget. Make concessions this year on the contingency that they comply next year. Perfect way to f'k them for the 2020 elections. If they promise to help and pull back they show their true colors.

Can no one see how the government has been raping the US populace? Take off the hate glasses and realize we have someone exposing what we have all believed all along. Call the Pelosi/Schumer bluff...they did the same thing last year and left DACA/Dreamers in the wind when they did not show up.

www.cnn.com...

Democratic leaders announced Tuesday that they would not attend a previously scheduled meeting with President Donald Trump after the President tweeted Tuesday morning that the meeting likely wouldn't result in a deal about funding the government. "Meeting with 'Chuck and Nancy' today about keeping government open and working. Problem is they want illegal immigrants flooding into our Country unchecked, are weak on Crime and want to substantially RAISE Taxes. I don't see a deal!" Trump tweeted.

Nice too how tough they act in the end of the video when Trump is not in the room.
edit on Decam31amf0000002018-12-12T00:47:53-06:001253 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Decam31amf0000002018-12-12T00:48:14-06:001214 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Decam31amf0000002018-12-12T00:50:09-06:001209 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Decam31amf0000002018-12-12T00:55:01-06:001201 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Trump will sign an ever larger annual budget. As that benefits his banksters that own him. It's just the tru tru.

edit on 12-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
LOL these two #ing goonies.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh cmon You didn't read it. There is no budget. That is the f'n point.

Should he demand a real budget or allow this bs to continue?

edit on Decam31amf0000002018-12-12T00:51:15-06:001215 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Decam31amf0000002018-12-12T00:51:57-06:001257 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Who wins the most wackiest?

Pelosi or Trump?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You for replying to yourself....

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He should investigate The Fed before signing a budget.

But who am I kidding.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Whenever I look at Chucky I always picture him in a wig, eyeliner, lipstick and a dress with leggings. Not because I see it as attractive, it just seems to fit him.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Oh cmon You didn't read it.

I didnt even need to. My thrust of research right now, whats coming from it, its all foregone conclusions because thats all they ever should have been.

There is no budget. That is the f'n point.

Hence what I''m getting at.

He'll play his twitter game of "threats" and then anoint another $100,000,000 dollars to self driving cars. Which promises to out the bulk of 8,000,000 workers out of a job (FOREVER) over the next two decades.

Just like a year ago.

F THAT!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Yup too lazy to edit.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
$100,000,000 to driverless cars the last budget... did $100,000,000 go to The Wall last year?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And whats the bigger threat? More of the same as usual? Or a game changer to wreck the one area that old norm hasnt hardly touched??????
edit on 12-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I would not like to hear this if I worked in the Department of Homeland Security..

Because if the shutdown happens, about 200,000 people of the DHS will have to be let go - right before christmas. But hey, at least Trumpy got his wish, righto?

There is too much going on right now. Trumpy should be quiet and enjoy his red cones of doom with his loving wife.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I'm all for border security... but where are we on healthcare, social security, education, infrastructure, homelessness crisis...

but I heard the Mexican government was watching that meeting between trump and Nancy and chuck on a big screen and taking bets...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Truer words have almost never been spoken.....or typed I guess.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The Feds provide zero services that I need and I welcome a shutdown. Too bad it doesn’t stall the perpetual war machine in the process. Somehow they always have enough money to kill people.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
"If we don't get border security, we'll shut the government down."

Right, because the Americans been so unsafe for 200 years without a continuous border wall. Remember… The big trump baby, always resorts to lies when he has a temper tantrum and doesn't get what he wants.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Self driving cars are coming, it's a reality. Sticking your head in the sand won't stop it.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

SS, healthcare and the like require bi-partisan support to achieve anything meaningful so I don't see how that can happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

He should investigate The Fed before signing a budget.

But who am I kidding.

Well biting the hand that feeds you is the fastest way to get JFK'd.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

It is, as you see in the media, being called the Trump Shutdown.

Well, Trump said he would own it, and take full responsibility for a shutdown in the meeting they had right before the press briefing you did bother showing. Of course, it is Trump, so he's naturally going to pull a 180 on that (just like he does with all of his claims) if the shutdown deadline actually comes.

the shutdown argument they have is for a no questions extension. Imagine calling a bill collector and telling him to wait 3 months and don't telll anyone. That is what they have been doing and Trump does not like it.

Again, in the actual televised meeting, Trump loved the current CR touting it as highly effective, going on about how well things are going, and that they've even just recently captured "10 terrorists" (naturally a figure that no other gov office is willing to back up, or provide any evidence to support).

So, Mr Trump, no is the time to dig in. Do not waver. Do not let those who want the waste to continue win because if you do, sorry to say, you are going to lose support.

If you're that concerned about waste, then you wouldn't be supporting a silly wall when there are better, and more cost effective methods of border security according to security experts.

Allow the shutdown to show them you mean business. Demand a budget. Make concessions this year on the contingency that they comply next year. Perfect way to f'k them for the 2020 elections. If they promise to help and pull back they show their true colors.

A Trump shutdown would drive even more nails into the Republican-party-coffin. Obstructionist and ineffective government is what independents (who outnumber Rs and Ds) are sick and tired of, and Trump's 30% base won't be enough to carry him through 2020. He'll need the support of independents for any hope of winning, but that ship has likely set sail already.

Can no one see how the government has been raping the US populace?

More than enough can see how Trump's meager, ill timed, and temporary tax cuts for average citizens combined with corporations getting a massive and permanent cut is spiraling us further into national debt with insane deficit spending and raping the nations empty coffers.

The majority want FUNCTIONAL government. Trump seeking another shutdown doesn't fit that bill at all, and it will cost him (and the republican party) dearly in 2020 if he continues to threaten and pursue such action.
edit on 12/12/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join