It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar mystery hasn't been solved yet. Is it an aircraft dropping chaff or fuel maybe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

A mystery that riled the Tri-State Monday night had been solved – or so we thought. When large, storm-like blips flashed across radar in Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky, the National Weather Service was stunned – because it wasn’t raining a drop. All kinds of guesses flared up on social media: a flock of birds; aliens; residue the government uses to control the weather, etc. But a tweet from Eyewitness News meteorologist Wayne Hart on Tuesday morning seemingly cleared the fog. Citing an unnamed pilot, he said Evansville air traffic control claimed a military C-130 released a stream of chaff – radar-jamming material sometimes used during training exercises – a few miles northwest of Evansville.
Radar mystery hasn't been solved yet

A story from the Courier & Press pointed out that military bases sat near the areas where the blips appeared: Fort Campbell in Kentucky and Scott Air Force Base in Western Illinois. But if this was a case of military chaff, and it did come from a C-130, that plane didn’t come from either of those bases. “Whatever aircraft it was, it was not a Scott Air Force Base craft,” Master Sgt. Thomas Doscher said Tuesday morning. A spokesman for Fort Campbell wasn’t as unequivocal, but said he didn’t know of any such operation. The only way the plane could have come from Fort Campbell, he said, is if it was involved in a secret special forces exercise.
A story from the Courier & Press

From lurking this forum I know there are many here that will know if this looks like chaff or not. It seems to be spread over a large area and it is a strong dense radar signal. I do have my doubts it is chaff but do not have the knowledge to know if my doubts are warranted. Thanks in advance for any info that can shine some light on this.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You definitely asked in the right place. I would expect this to get explained in here rather quickly. Prove me wrong!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It doesn't not look like chaff.

www.weather.gov...
tnvalleywx.wordpress.com...
www.lakeeriewx.com...

You say "it does not not". To be clear then, you are saying it DOES look like chaff?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Yes.

Also an intent not to imply that means that it is chaff.

But it probably is.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Got it. I think you have intent covered in saying "look like" instead of "is", but I am clear on this now and agree.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Almost seems like he is covering all bases

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Almost seems like he is covering all bases

He doesn't not not say it either.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Perhaps something along these lines?

deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

Great link, thanks. Could be.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Interesting link and wasn't White Sands just in the news a month or so ago for having a portion or peak evacuated?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
West Virginia C-130 returning from JFEX dumped their entire dispenser.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It would appear they did it in Maine and Florida as well..

Interesting..
edit on 13-12-2018 by EBJet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ok if it is chaff does it break down fast or would it be possible to find it on the ground?? does it break down at all??

Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Ok if it is chaff does it break down fast or would it be possible to find it on the ground?? does it break down at all??

Just wondering.

It can be found on the ground but is very dispersed.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
West Virginia C-130 returning from JFEX dumped their entire dispenser.

I'm guessing that it was either:
a) training exercise
b) testing new technology
c) more aerial phallic artistry, this time using chaff as the medium

-dex

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

The official excuse is they had to drop it before landing, but that's BS. Birds land with chaff all the time. Someone screwed the pooch.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The official excuse is they had to drop it before landing, but that's BS. Birds land with chaff all the time. Someone screwed the pooch.

Yeah that doesn't add up...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

a reply to: DexterRiley

3...2...1...........Q target missed thread coming up

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

Wouldn't be the first time someone dumped an entire dispenser on accident.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join