It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the DHS telling people to prepare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

To reach the level of destruction they're talking about, 6+ months with tens of millions without power, they must be anticipating an attack of a larger scale than "terrorists" could carry out.

To my mind, this speaks of a 'black awakening' - a fifth column which consists sleeper agents ready to be triggered using mind-kontrolle technology. Probably hijacking the 5G network..

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yes like those. However owning guns and using them are two different things, and yet again using them correctly in stressful situation is yet again another completely different thing. And also, they are quite ineffective against zombies, in fact not that useful against humans as well given the situations, you would be supervised what you could achieve with a pointy stick. For one thing you would not need to reload or run out of ammo with a pointy stick.

Anyways.

But then again I seem to recall that every civilization or race that has ever existed has though the same and that they were prepared for the # to hit the fan, and they all thought they knew the details and in which way it would come. And well? There not here now are they?

When all of history, both written and unwritten says that there is 99.9% chance of ultimate failure. What does that say about it all? Do you think you all will be the .01 percent? Anyways, at the end of the day all the DHS is saying is, but what everybody has known all along. It is better to be a little prepared for the unforeseen then not.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Oh wow! Look at you, getting all knowledgy and stuff.

Anyways, I forgot what I was talking about in my other posts, and I am not going to take a second to scroll up and look at it again. But pretty sure what I was getting at was not what your talking about.

What I was getting at is that terrorists are pretty lazy, and even 911 was well obviously all of that was a joke. Duh! Its in the name 911. Somebody out there thinks there witty or funny, but I dont know, dont bother with the crap you people create. But anyways, pretty sure you can blow up dams with suitcase bombs, just depends on how strong an explosive you have and were you put it at and well how many of them you got set up. And if that does not work, there are literally thousands of other ways.

But anyways I dont see why anybody would want to take out electrical dams or grids. I mean how will they charge up there smart phone then? Makes no sense right?

I mean in reality its not that hard to take over a Dam. A few guys with AKs can do it, you just know drive up in there kill a few hundred people, not hard, like shooting fish in a barrel they all probably wont even be armed. Then just get to work.

But its not going to happen because terrorists for the most part on that level are in the same category that Santa Claus is, that is made up.

And also its not true about oil pipelines not burning. Ever see what happens to it when it gets hit by missiles? Or better yet. Here is a video. I suppose thats not fire, must be CGI. That oil pipeline is like tottaly in contact with oxygen. Why is that you think. Probably a bad architectural plan no doubt.

The main vulnerability is SCADA, which stands for Supervisory Control And Data Aquisition. It is a way of controlling a geographically dispersed system, like a high voltage power-line network, or all the pump jacks in an oil patch. SCADA systems are vulnerable to hacking, and to electrical surges/interruption, as well as electromagnetic pulse.

Well there you go, just a few of the many things that such things are vulnerable to. Basically a snease from the sun will put you all back into the dark ages.

edit on 11pmTuesdaypm252018f2pmTue, 25 Dec 2018 23:23:27 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Prepare, and always do your best

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Oh wow! Look at you, getting all knowledgy and stuff.

when people are ignorant, they tend to get corrected by someone.

And also its not true about oil pipelines not burning. Ever see what happens to it when it gets hit by missiles? Or better yet. Here is a video. I suppose thats not fire, must be CGI. That oil pipeline is like tottaly in contact with oxygen. Why is that you think. Probably a bad architectural plan no doubt.

you are aware of the difference between oil and gas, right?

if so, does it mean you have trouble with reading comprehension?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

But anyways, pretty sure you can blow up dams with suitcase bombs, just depends on how strong an explosive you have and were you put it at and well how many of them you got set up. And if that does not work, there are literally thousands of other ways.

You're pretty sure?

I'm very sure you cannot. I've been educated & licensed to purchase and use explosives for demolition in construction projects. It's not possible to demolish massive structures possessed of high compressive strength with an un-tamped conventional explosive pile of even several dozens of pounds. The force of the blast will blow outward and upward into the open air. Effective demolition is highly dependent upon tamping/confining to control the direction of the blast's force. The expanding gases will always follow the path of least resistance (pressure) and so will blow up into the air in a relatively harmless fashion. The primary techniques to effectively blast through cement or rock are mud-capping, snake-holing or block-holing; they require the drilling of a hole or positioning of a massive object to confine the blast.

Laying a huge block of explosives won't do anything unless it is tamped. The 1993 attempt by Al Queda failed to blow up the parking garage at the base of the Twin Towers failed because, even though it was a truck filled with explosives, it wasn't tamped. It killed 6 people and injured over a thousand, but the damage it did to the structure was not significant. And all because it wasn't tamped.

Pipeline is not burning where it is underground and has no supply of oxygen; it's only burning where the pipe is ruptured and in contact with oxygen. The whole of the several-hundred-mile pipeline is not exploding at once, like a fire-cracker. It's only burning at the site where the pipe is ruptured. That pipe may carry hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil, but it's only burning where they reach the open end of the pipe.

To make a short story long, not everyone is as ignorant as you are.
edit on 26-12-2018 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Ok I may be a bit jealous of all your stuff. Just a bit. And those guns sure a shiny, but I dont really use guns anyways.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Oh ya your right. I think I linked the wrong vid.

Second.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I dont think to many people even tried to blow dams. But I dont think it is so far out of possibility that it can be done with explosive, suitcases or not.

Now not I think of it, its pretty weird that nobody even tried to blow one or two. But I think its more along the lines of they that it would be kind of a pain to charge your cell without a power outlet more then the fact that it cant be done or is out of the limits of possibility. As for terrorists. Ya! Santa Claus.

And OK whatever on the whole oil pipeline thing.
Its just another thing that is far from hard to achieve. Your just ignorant on how fragile it all is. If your whole thing is that its underground and not no oxygen. Boy is that a week argument on oil pipelines being near impenetrable. A guy with a battery operated grinder he bought online for 20$ can cut right into them in a few minutes at most.

Its why nations like the US or the Saudis they spend billions and billions and many many guys with big big guns to defend them pipelines, even spend twice that on the shows you see on TV like politics show and the News shows. But even with that its far from impossible as you seem to think.

To make a long story short. There is nobody out there other the the weather that would want to damage oil pipelines, unless off course there is profit in it. Which is what wars are about. And ya, I am pretty sure that if you typed in oil pipelines burning in google or something, you would find plenty of evidence of it happening. Likely from an earthquake and a cigarette type scenario.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Ok I may be a bit jealous of all your stuff. Just a bit. And those guns sure a shiny, but I dont really use guns anyways.

I hear gun fire around here daily. I heard 14 rounds pop off earlier this evening. Real fast. Some months ago I heard a machine gun popping off close by. I foolishly stepped out front 10 minutes later and a guy runs by me. @ seconds later 6 police cars flew around the corner, spot lights right on me. I put my hands up and pointed to my home, and my self. Then pointed at the guy a quarter block down, and yelled " There he is, GET HIM!" They blocked my street from both ends, and three cars cut him off, drove on the side walk and tackled him. They then found a machine gun pistol in the bushes 3 doors down. I slowly backed onto my porch and into my house. BIG bullet holes in a house just over 100' away.

My guns stay in the house, except when going to the shooting range, or backpacking. I was wearing the Kimber 45 last night in the house, but just for fun. That one is under my pillow right now. The rest are in the safe

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well what can I say. Sounds like wherever you are, your likely to have more problems come the SHTF or zombie apocalypse, I mean from that little story, the only words that come to mind are well? meth is a hell of a drug. What kind of idiot shoots things randomly? Probably a high out of his mind idiot, that kind. So in that case, your probably grossly under-prepared, sounds like you got more idiots in your area then I do in mine.

Once in a while you get gun shots around here, a few years ago it happened more regularly, not every day but at least every few or so weekends, handguns or people shooting there riffles in there backyards. And even once or twice you hear a big BOOM. That can only be, what is no doubt a very responsible citizen practicing his or her, grenade throwing techniques.

But really have only heard one or twice people shooting there guns in the back these past two years now.

They generally have gun ranges for such things. Also I would hope that they have a mound or something seeing as you know on most riffles a bullet can travel miles and miles in a straight line if it does not hit something in its trajectory, most gun shots I think happen by accident in this country, and all because some dum ass does not understand the concept of line of sight and that bullets can travel pretty long distances.

Unless you live in Detroit ghetto or something. In which case, how anybody can shoot over 5 or even 10 bullets at something and still miss is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Y can do magik wae a pointy stick

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Why? For political reasons. We have vulnerable infrastructure that needs upgrading. nothing gets done unless Americans are scared of something - in this case not having power for months.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Oh I can do some magic damage with a wae a pointy stick, no doubt about that, and also I can do the regular type of damage with a pointy stick, you know the kind that leaves guts on the ground, its not that hard, humans have been hunting with pointy sticks for thousands of years, some still even do that today.

Though now a days I prefer to use my compound bow and carbon arrow pointy sticks, and with that alone, at 100 yard can hit something the size of a basketball each and every time, though I am starting to have trouble with something smaller, and something the size of a apple would be a challenge even at closer ranges.

Plus side to owning a bow or compound bow come the zombie Apocalypse you can always retrieve your amo, or if it comes to it, even make more ammo from trees, bluets however would be more of a pain to make come the zombie apocalypse. However I am coming to learn its not nowhere near as cool as guns are.

I got some toy guns that shoot soft balls for my sisters kids this Christmas, and I realized when I was holding one some days ago, its so much cooler when you hold a gun in your hand, and then I flipped it sideways, and suddenly my cool points went up by at least 100. No joke.

Which is why I am thinking of getting a gun, eventually that is, should make things oh so much more convenient, plus there so cool and shiny, I mean did you even see the pictures earlier in this thread, super shiny.

But ya, never underestimate what the pointy stick can do.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I dont think to many people even tried to blow dams. But I dont think it is so far out of possibility that it can be done with explosive, suitcases or not. ... more then the fact that it cant be done or is out of the limits of possibility. As for terrorists. Ya! Santa Claus.

There's your ignorance shining through again. The allies tried to blow up German dams during world war 2. "Operation Chastise" was the UK quest to blow up dams in the industrialized Ruhr valley of Germany. The Brits went through several major redesigns, trying to get a small of a bomb as possible. They finally created a successful 4.5 ton cylinder that was bounced across the water at high (500) rpm so that it would submerge when it hit the dam, and use the dam's water as a tamping agent. They blew up 4 of 5 dams during the raid, after more than a year of research and flight-crew training.

Not a suitcase bomb at all, which was your original argument, that it would be "easy."

And OK whatever on the whole oil pipeline thing.
Its just another thing that is far from hard to achieve. Your just ignorant on how fragile it all is.

Oh And you know so much more than me because? Have you had extensive experience in the petroleum industry? Have you worked x-raying welds on pipelines? Do you have a lot of experience with smart pigging?

Not everyone is as ignorant as you.

I am pretty sure that if you typed in oil pipelines burning in google or something, you would find plenty of evidence of it happening. Likely from an earthquake and a cigarette type scenario.

Pretty sure, because you sat around with your friends getting high as a lord and thinking about what it must be like?

waste of time.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Are all the billionaires getting ready to leave the US?

suggest that unless they show real signs of doing so then dont worry about it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join