It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trigger Police Force Comedians To Sign Behavioral Agreement Before Charity Comedy Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Five comedians were asked to perform a charity event by a UNICEF on Campus chapter at the University of London, this coming January. However, before performing, the club's event organizer wants all five comedians to sign a behavioral agreement, "to provide a safe space for everyone to share and listen to Comedy." Apparently censorship is OK, as long as it prevents people's feelings from getting hurt.

"This comedy night… aims to provide a safe space for everyone to share and listen to Comedy," states the behavioral agreement form. "This contract has been written to ensure an environment where joy, love, and acceptance are reciprocated by all."

"By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism."

pjmedia.com...

I grew up with Archie Bunker, Richard Pryor, George Carlin and Sam Kinison. Comedy is all about mocking people, religion and pushing boundaries. Are young people now that spineless and easily offended?

Making the contract even more ironic, Kisin is also the co-host of TRIGGERnometry, a podcast featuring critics of social justice, academia, and censorship.

"Comedy isn't about being 'kind' and 'respectful' and the only people who get to decide what comedians talk about on stage are... comedians," Kisin told PJ Media. "Comedy is supposed to push boundaries and challenge people and comedians should be free to mock religion, atheism and a whole load of other things," he added.

pjmedia.com...

I found an article posted this past October, that discusses the PC culture that plagues our society. Guess what? The majority of Americans believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” I'm one of those Americans.

Earlier this month, Yascha Mounk explored the results of a new study on polarization in America. A large majority of Americans, the study found, believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.”

PC creates fear and resentment in those who are constantly chastised for expressing themselves incorrectly and not adhering strictly to the confusing and ever-evolving rules. Sadly, liberal ideology—which intended to bring greater freedom and equality to everyone—has been subverted by individuals who believe that they have the right to rule over their fellow citizens because of their superior knowledge, education, and intelligence (all, of course, subjective conclusions) and has become a means of control (not liberation) enforced on those who are not part of this small, minority, elitist group.

www.theatlantic.com...

THESE GUYS ARE ROLLING IN THEIR GRAVES:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So only cheesy dad jokes?

What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence? Nope offensive to fat people...

What has four wheels and flys? Nope offensive to poor/homeless people...

What's black and white and red all over? Nope offensive to illiterate people...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Goddamn ..knock knock jokes will be offensive soon .

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nm misread.
edit on 12/11/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yep, control freaks want you to be considered a bully if you stand up to being ripped off.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Five comedians were asked to perform a charity event by a UNICEF on Campus chapter at the University of London, this coming January. However, before performing, the club's event organizer wants all five comedians to sign a behavioral agreement, "to provide a safe space for everyone to share and listen to Comedy." Apparently censorship is OK, as long as it prevents people's feelings from getting hurt.

"This comedy night… aims to provide a safe space for everyone to share and listen to Comedy," states the behavioral agreement form. "This contract has been written to ensure an environment where joy, love, and acceptance are reciprocated by all."

"By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism."

pjmedia.com...

I grew up with Archie Bunker, Richard Pryor, George Carlin and Sam Kinison. Comedy is all about mocking people, religion and pushing boundaries. Are young people now that spineless and easily offended?

Making the contract even more ironic, Kisin is also the co-host of TRIGGERnometry, a podcast featuring critics of social justice, academia, and censorship.

"Comedy isn't about being 'kind' and 'respectful' and the only people who get to decide what comedians talk about on stage are... comedians," Kisin told PJ Media. "Comedy is supposed to push boundaries and challenge people and comedians should be free to mock religion, atheism and a whole load of other things," he added.

pjmedia.com...

I found an article posted this past October, that discusses the PC culture that plagues our society. Guess what? The majority of Americans believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” I'm one of those Americans.

Earlier this month, Yascha Mounk explored the results of a new study on polarization in America. A large majority of Americans, the study found, believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.”

PC creates fear and resentment in those who are constantly chastised for expressing themselves incorrectly and not adhering strictly to the confusing and ever-evolving rules. Sadly, liberal ideology—which intended to bring greater freedom and equality to everyone—has been subverted by individuals who believe that they have the right to rule over their fellow citizens because of their superior knowledge, education, and intelligence (all, of course, subjective conclusions) and has become a means of control (not liberation) enforced on those who are not part of this small, minority, elitist group.

www.theatlantic.com...

THESE GUYS ARE ROLLING IN THEIR GRAVES:

How ridiculous.

We all know that the religion part only applies to muslims and Jews, mock Jesus and Christian's to your hearts content.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't want to live in a world like this. Push the f'n button already.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The majority of Americans believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” I'm one of those Americans.

And this is the University of London. In England.

Lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Strange...

I lament the current state of comedy. Everything seems to be either insult after insult backed with people acting like a mindless laugh track or "unacceptable" depending on the target and the speaker.

I do think insults can be funny, but personally, there is a difference between saying:

"You are a worthless cripple"

And

"Hobble on over here, we will watch a movie while we wait"

The hell is "ableism" anyway?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

That seems reasonable for a private event. It isn't censorship in this case in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You are not allowed to offend anyone except Trump or Trump supporters.

You can say whatever you want about them with no repercussions though. Be as offensive as you want about him his wife his staff or his deplorables and for some reason thats fine.

But say queer LOL
edit on 11-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So? You saying that it's not a problem in America? LMAO!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Never was a problem before...why now? Are we that thin skinned?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
All these triggered, over sensitive, overly hyperbolic, pathetic, non-sense of humor having, whinny little...…………… UGH! What is this world coming to? Can't walk ten feet without someone having a panic attack about something you say, do, wear, etc.etc.etc. Have to vent about this somewhere to normal people, I see this type of behavior at work all the time with the college students there. It's literally an epidemic of over-PC going around. The Richard Prior, and Sam Kinison stand up bits where very refreshing to watch, thank you for that post. Please people, teach your kids not to grow up douchie like these insane SJW who can't handle laughing at reality once in a while....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My goodness, Kyle's mom has ruined everything!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What do you mean by thin skin?

Are you making fun of my anorexia now?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
pc comedy yep that will work
at the end of the day they need to sell tickets

making comedy pc will not sell tickets
i will guess this wont be a long tearm trend

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Be funny BUT only if you make me laugh and not cry..... here’s your script lol

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism.

that's only for white guys, for diverse comediens that's basically your whole routine down the drain.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, apparently they are still required to wear a dress at some point. Dress up like a woman. Am I wrong?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join