It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Pelosi, Shumer and the Wall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It wasn't a gimmick it was a lie.

It was neither. It was a simplified explanation.

The money spent on drugs alone will pay for the wall. Drugs from Mexico cost us dearly every year, for anything from decreased work performance to medical care for those using them. If we save $5B in drug-related costs from Mexican interests, and we spend $5B to build a wall in order to stop it, we broke even and Mexican interests effectively paid for the wall.

Tariffs are nothing but a tax and the tax is passed on to us. Just go to the grocery store and you can see how it has come back to us.

Yes, they are (it's in the definition), and yes they will. I would rather see no tariffs. But as long as other countries place tariffs on us, we need tariffs on them to keep American workers working. That's the whole point of tariffs: to ensure that foreign goods do not have an inherent advantage in our market. It's one thing if all goods can flow freely; quite another when goods can flow freely in but are restricted going out due to tariffs from other countries.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

...and that's only after somebody else puts the air in the raft for them 😀

and naturally, the guy who put the air in is left behind 😎

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

LIe Lie Lie
THere is a tiny tiny portion of the wall that is started.... most of it has been reinforcement of existing fences.
That man lies just to hear his own stupid voice.

www.npr.org...
Here is a more realistic report ofw hat has been done and what is budgeted for future improvements.
edit on 12122018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Meanwhile...

Migrant group demand Trump either let them in or pay them each $50G to turn around: report

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Wait, let's examine this a moment...

Illegal migrants are trying to extort $50K each from Trump.

Stormy Daniels tried to extort $130K from Trump.

Trump just received $290K From Stormy Daniels in a court order, a net gain of $160K, which is 123% of the attempt.

So, if that precedent holds, each immigrant is going to wind up owing Trump about $61.5K. There are still 2500 immigrants trying to get in, so that's.... let's see... almost $152M for the border wall. Nope, not enough.

We need more caravans!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Meanwhile...

Migrant group demand Trump either let them in or pay them each $50G to turn around: report

www.foxnews.com...

but it was all women and children wasn't it?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I did notice Pelosi squirming a lot while they were talking.
I can imagine why she doesn't want any media around she
can't deny what she says.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I just think its funny how pelosi just keeps saying, "Why not put it to a vote right now?" And Trump answers, "Why, if ten democrats won't vote for it in the senate - it won't pass so what's the point?" pelosi just doesn't get it. Why waste so much time and tax payer money if its going to amount to nothing? It never even enters her mind that these little shows she puts on solve nothing but cost money every time.

I still say put a 15% surcharge on all money transfers from the US to Mexico and use that money to pay for the wall. That way Mexico can pay for it. Win/win.

See, this is Trump not understanding the legislation process or how legislative negotiations work. He needs to find out if the House will pass his proposals as is, if he can't get the votes he needs to address why not, and what needs to be adjusted. If he does get the votes he needs in the House, then it goes to the Senate. He doesn't have the votes in the Senate, so it needs to go to committee for readjustments from the Senate and go back to the House for approval, and so on until an agreement is reached. The president can't just railroad all legislation through, all the time.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

See, this is Trump not understanding the legislation process or how legislative negotiations work.

Gee and all this time I thought it was the speaker of the house or the house whip that did these things. I thought the potus either signed or did not sign the bills presented by congress.
Thanks!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Trump said to Pelosi, during the meeting, "I could get the votes in one session, if I needed to." That translates that Trump is orchestrating his legislative goals, personally.

He doesn't understand how negotiations in the legislative process really work. The stuff that he was able to get passed, like the Tax Cuts, were railroaded through, with little to no negotiations. Things that he couldn't railroad through, like repealing the ACA and a clean DACA Bill, shows that he is incapable of real negotiation.

Threats and negotiations are two different things.

edit on 12-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Perhaps you are not familiar with how this works.....
www.pewresearch.org...

In fact, in the four decades since the current system for budgeting and spending tax dollars has been in effect, Congress has managed to pass all its required appropriations measures on time only four times: in fiscal 1977 (the first full fiscal year under the current system), 1989, 1995 and 1997.

yeah
trump is responsible for that mess somehow as well

But since 1997, Congress has never passed more than a third of its regular appropriations bills on time, and usually has done considerably less than that: For instance, for six straight years (fiscal 2011 through 2016), not a single spending bill was passed by Oct. 1.

If trump gets this done he will be the exception and not the rule.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

This post has nothing to do with Trump's wall funding demands and his inability to negotiate.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

This post has nothing to do with Trump's wall funding demands and his inability to negotiate.

hahahahahaha
complain about the process then when shown the process you complain about the facts
well played

your right
its all trump

do you really think the bill will get out of the senate?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

do you really think the bill will get out of the senate?

No. Not as is. There needs to be negotiations and compromises made, in order for it to pass. That's the way it works, a bill passes the House, but not the Senate, so it goes back to committee.

And, I'm not complaining about the process. I'm pointing out that Trump doesn't understand it.

edit on 12-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If he didn't understand it how did he know he needs 10 votes in the senate?
Did he just guess?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I sit here and watch Pelosi and Schumer tell their own why Trump's ideas are bad, day in and day out, but as soon as they're face to face with Trump, all they can do is shake their head and chuckle because they know they'll be shut down as soon as they give their retarded reasoning.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

If he didn't understand it how did he know he needs 10 votes in the senate?
Did he just guess?

Mitch McConnell told him, "We need 10 Democratic votes for this to pass." Instead of finding out what 10 Democrats need to vote yes, he threatens a shut down.

Again, threats are not negotiations. "My way or the high way" is not compromise.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Mitch McConnell told him, "We need 10 Democratic votes for this to pass." Instead of finding out what 10 Democrats need to vote yes, he threatens a shut down.

oh so he had a meeting with the senate majority leader to access the situation? and that is not how the process works?

Again, threats are not negotiations. "My way or the high way" is not compromise.

perhaps it is not your negotiating style, but it may be others
all negotiations do not require compromise
didn't we learn that with the aca?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I think this helps Trump. Shows how slimy Pelosi and Schmucky are...

Trump just wants to get the border done while the left plays politics... this is why Trump won. He has a spine.

Schumer: Elections have consequences, Mr. President.
Trump: That's why the country is doing so well.

Hahahahahaha, that was awesome.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join