It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Pelosi, Shumer and the Wall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There is a lot of federal land in so cal, Arizona, and new mexico on the border.
I would wager he could.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: face23785

Then how does Trump expect to get a wall with a democratic house when he couldn’t get it with a GOP house?

Because if he's willing to veto a spending bill, it'll take both Democrats and Republicans cooperating to overrule him. Democrats have been refusing to cooperate. If the President won't budge, they''ll have no choice.

So your saying that President Trump is going to force both sides to cooperate, together, there by bringing this country together? Not a bad plan I guess, but Trump said that the wall is part of a National Security bill. I wonder if our government doesn't see the border as a National Security threat?

The Democrats will pretend it isn't and challenge it in court, but the SCOTUS will uphold the President's authority on that matter.

How much Republican support do you think they will get?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You know, shut the govt down. Trump ran on Mexico paying for it and his base cheered but now he’s ready to punish Americans because we won’t fund his stupid and expensive wall. If the govt shuts down defense contractors and those who depend on govt assistance will suffer the most and those who depend on govt assistance the most are poor white people from Red states, who, if they voted, probably voted for Trump. So let them suffer and we’ll see how much they love Trump, Defense contractors and poor Republicans.

Of course, the military folks will suffer as well, the same people Republicans claim to love and support.

Shut it down and never fund this stupid wall and you’ll see Trumps approval ratings continue to break records as he continues to become the most hated POTUS America has ever seen.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Shouldn't Trump be talking to Mexico? He did promise that they would pay for it after all.

The only wall that's been built is the one between the American people, bought and paid for by those in power and their sock puppets from both sides of the media.

The more “migrants” stopped on the Mexican side of the border, the more Mexico “is” paying for the wall. All the US tax dollars that would be going to the “migrants” stay in the US and that money can be used for other things. Ask the mayor of Tiajuana how much that is, just from his city, just for a couple of weeks.

Just need those pesky Dems to start believing in a sovereign US that’s allowed to control its borders.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah not sure how many people noticed that. Schumer is a classic hack. He won't even look Trump in the eye when they talk.

Pelosi and Schumer are both scared.

Let's debate in private....Pence looks ready to throat punch someone.

On Pence's mind:

"Hmmm. Well Guess what happens if I'm ever President"

"These two jokers are not going to like it"

😎🚬💨

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Trumps approval was at 49% today.
Is that the record you speak of?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You know, shut the govt down. Trump ran on Mexico paying for it and his base cheered but now he’s ready to punish Americans because we won’t fund his stupid and expensive wall.

National Security is stupid? I have not looked at it from that point of view. I never could get my head that close to my butt though.

If the govt shuts down defense contractors and those who depend on govt assistance will suffer the most and those who depend on govt assistance the most are poor white people from Red states, who, if they voted, probably voted for Trump.

I suggest they all get on the phone with their senators and house representatives and tell them how much is at stake, because if Pelosi and Schumer are any indication of their mind set they don't care if the government gets shutdown because they will not fund a National Security issue.

So let them suffer and we’ll see how much they love Trump, Defense contractors and poor Republicans.

I think the Trump supporters will know who to blame.

Of course, the military folks will suffer as well, the same people Republicans claim to love and support.

How so? They already have their funding. Remember the Yuge Military bill that was passed?

Shut it down and never fund this stupid wall and you’ll see Trumps approval ratings continue to break records as he continues to become the most hated POTUS America has ever seen.

Well your opinion on these matters has shown to not be very reliable.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Trumps approval was at 49% today.
Is that the record you speak of?

It is always a popularity contest with Swills.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Trump will be more popular if he upholds his campaign promises

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

2 points higher at this point them the messiah no less....what is going to happen to people when he wins in 2020?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

2 points higher at this point them the messiah no less....what is going to happen to people when he wins in 2020?

Must be some kind of orange record?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I am thinking it is that magic wand...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Trump will be more popular if he upholds his campaign promises

I know. It is amazing how someone keeping promises that won them the election would become less popular. Things never trumpers say.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Besides, right now, there is no budget. Has not been one passed since Obama was in office. IN fact, a budget has only been passed by Congress 4 times in history.

"The Trump administration proposed its 2018 budget on February 27, 2017, ahead of his address to Congress, outlining $54 billion in cuts to federal agencies and an increase in defense spending" they are at least trying....with cuts...

Instead, scumbags like Chuck and Nancy continue to use the Continuing Appropriations Resolution last updated in 2015.

The fact that they are bringing up shutdowns is a joke. Any idea how many times Obama did this? He even passed an Act in 2013.

edit on Decpm31pmf0000002018-12-11T18:01:26-06:000626 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One thing's for sure, Saturday Night Live! is going to be awesome. hehe.

Maybe they will put Mike Pence on a stretcher and in a coma during the meeting. Have IV's dripping. lol!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I think this helps Trump. Shows how slimy Pelosi and Schmucky are...

And who could stand to hear Nancy ramble like
she escaped from the nursing home....

Can't hardly stand to listen to that! And look at Chucky,
he is all slumped down in his seat. These two are the
best the Democrats have?

wow.....

LOL
edit on 11-12-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
If the govt shuts down

Like the last time Chuck shut it down?

Or are the Dem's afraid they will be seen as obstructionists
and then murders and crimes will be blamed on their refusal
to secure the border?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
One thing's for sure, Saturday Night Live! is going to be awesome. hehe.

Maybe they will put Mike Pence on a stretcher and in a coma during the meeting. Have IV's dripping. lol!

That would be funny. Have Schumer in a snake costume and Pelosi in full blow shut those camera's off scenario.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The wall , the stupid wall. A 17th century attempt at a 21st. century problem. tRump doesn't think the rest of the world knows about airplanes or boats. More than likely they will come through the northern border. What then? Build another wall. Is there someone out there, with an i.q. over 45 ,that thinks this will work.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: face23785

Then how does Trump expect to get a wall with a democratic house when he couldn’t get it with a GOP house?

Because if he's willing to veto a spending bill, it'll take both Democrats and Republicans cooperating to overrule him. Democrats have been refusing to cooperate. If the President won't budge, they''ll have no choice.

So your saying that President Trump is going to force both sides to cooperate, together, there by bringing this country together? Not a bad plan I guess, but Trump said that the wall is part of a National Security bill. I wonder if our government doesn't see the border as a National Security threat?

The Democrats will pretend it isn't and challenge it in court, but the SCOTUS will uphold the President's authority on that matter.

How much Republican support do you think they will get?

How much support you have from either party doesn't really weigh into whether the President has the authority to do something. That was the post I was answering.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join