It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Pelosi, Shumer and the Wall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: face23785

Then how does Trump expect to get a wall with a democratic house when he couldn’t get it with a GOP house?

Because if he's willing to veto a spending bill, it'll take both Democrats and Republicans cooperating to overrule him. Democrats have been refusing to cooperate. If the President won't budge, they''ll have no choice.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It's in Mexico's best interests to at least help with it. A secure border into the US will, in the long run, mean fewer people traveling through Mexico trying to get here.

I like the fact that this meeting was held publicly, in the harsh light of TV camera's.

It is interesting that Mexico is feeling the pressure too from its own people as these caravans travel north and many are taken in to stay in Mexico...to take Mexican jobs from Mexicans...lol that is kind of funny.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Then how does Trump expect to get a wall with a democratic house when he couldn’t get it with a GOP house?

trumps wall is just a symbol that he uses to keep his base riled up and he knows it... I actually hope he does shut the government down.
edit on 11-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

trumps wall is just a symbol that he uses to keep his base riled up and he knows it... I actually hope he does shut the government down.

It's definitely his "like your doctor, keep your doctor" issue.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What base is 'riled' up? You sound like Nancy and Chucky...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Greed. He is going to use their own greed against them. good for him.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And maybe you all should watch the ENTIRE video instead of the ones that the MSM want to show as a Trump tantrum. You do not see that at all in the whole video in the correct context.

Schumer at about 1:30 cannot stand being recorded. Awesome...
edit on Decpm31pmf0000002018-12-11T16:39:40-06:000440 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

It's time to change it, to fit our current problems, so as to solve it efficiently and effectively.

of course you're right...the US government is so efficient, frugal with our tax dollars and spends them so effectively.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Schumer such an arrogant loser.

He actually tried to insult Indiana and North Dakota.

Shows how much he and Democrats want New York D's and California D's to run the whole country.

Schumer in late stages of clinical jealousy 😆

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

Why didn’t Trump get his wall when he had both houses of Congress?

Now he certainly won’t get it

Just as Obama should have enacted a comprehensive immigration bill when he had both houses of Congress in 2009

These politicians are stupid among other things

Because immigration will always be used for elections. Both sides know this. That doesn't mean Trump is wrong. That just means our elected officials on both sides of the isle don't want this to end.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah not sure how many people noticed that. Schumer is a classic hack. He won't even look Trump in the eye when they talk.

Pelosi and Schumer are both scared.

Let's debate in private....Pence looks ready to throat punch someone.
edit on Decpm31pmf0000002018-12-11T17:00:55-06:000555 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's time to change it, to fit our current problems, so as to solve it efficiently and effectively.

of course you're right...the US government is so efficient, frugal with our tax dollars and spends them so effectively.

And yet Democrats want bigger government. It is crazy. But, we have to start somewhere.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Not if the Executive Branch slaps a National Security label on it. The courts' precedence indicates a long standing history of not challenging the feds on Nat. Security issues and I somehow doubt the system would allow them to start challenging them now... it would open far too large a can of worms and reverberate through federal preeminence for a long time to follow and the powers that be wouldn't permit that type of damage to happen.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Because if he's willing to veto a spending bill, it'll take both Democrats and Republicans cooperating to overrule him. Democrats have been refusing to cooperate. If the President won't budge, they''ll have no choice.

So your saying that President Trump is going to force both sides to cooperate, together, there by bringing this country together? Not a bad plan I guess, but Trump said that the wall is part of a National Security bill. I wonder if our government doesn't see the border as a National Security threat?

edit on 11-12-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: projectvxn

Same goes for you. All I ever see is you acting like you're so much better than other people, mainly liberals.

Look in the mirror.

In his defense, it's really hard to NOT be better than liberals.

All the ones I know are pretty useless, don't have any marketable skills or contribute anything to society and generally just cry, complain and be offended all day.
edit on 11-12-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Add a tax to money wires headed to Mexico. Gonna have to pay a bit to sneak in and work.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Because of the deal Nancy and him have going. When you said she doesn't want to discuss the specifics, did you notice that Trump agreed with her? She wasn't hostile toward Trump. Chucky boy was looking like a weasel.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not if the Executive Branch slaps a National Security label on it. The courts' precedence indicates a long standing history of not challenging the feds on Nat. Security issues and I somehow doubt the system would allow them to start challenging them now... it would open far too large a can of worms and reverberate through federal preeminence for a long time to follow and the powers that be wouldn't permit that type of damage to happen.

Could the potus designate the entire southern border a military base?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Could the potus designate the entire southern border a military base?

No, I don't believe so. He could, however, designate it a police action zone and send troops there as he sees fit.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

So your saying that President Trump is going to force both sides to cooperate, together, there by bringing this country together? Not a bad plan I guess, but Trump said that the wall is part of a National Security bill. I wonder if our government doesn't see the border as a National Security threat?

The Democrats will pretend it isn't and challenge it in court, but the SCOTUS will uphold the President's authority on that matter.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join