It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Pelosi, Shumer and the Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Edumakated

More of the "public face/private face" of hillary clinton.
Nobody wants that bs.
Trump should make them discuss this only in public in the future.
Sunshine being the best disinfectant and all.

I like what Trump said about transparency.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
This was no negotiation. Trump wanted a photo op so that he could play the tough guy before the camera. All for you believers.

He did, however, say that when he shuts down the government due to not getting all the money he wants for the wall that he would ''own'' it and not blame anyone else. Let's hold him to that.

I hope he does shut it down. I want a President with balls enough to to say shut this mofo down until we fix this...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

There was one point where they disclosed that they had wanted to have a closed door session so that they would not have to point out all of the stuff that Trump was wrong about in public. Again this was an orchestrated photo op and both sides knew it.

let them speak about it in public
at least we would know chuck and nancy stand behind their soundbites

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Like Iraq? Syria? Africa? You name it we give it. THAT is wasted money. Futile because there is no return.

What is the downside to protecting your borders? Nothing.....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yeah it will be built.
It is just good to see how the leaders of the Democrats don't like transparency.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

He told you this personally? Just wanted to know since you seem to know so much about 'why' he does things. Your other post is bull# too.

Where were Nancy and Chuck when Trump offered DACA? That's right. It did not fit their agenda and did not need the votes at the time so they blew him off.

Where was Trump acting like a tough guy? He was simply stating facts, Pelosi was mumbling and Schumer was being his usual wanna be tough guy. Where are your tears for the wall Chuck???

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I especially like how Trump said he would absolutely own the shutdown, but what he in fact meant was that its Nancy and Chuck's fault....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Nancy almost short circuited twice...

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ok Mr. Extremist. Be sure to have your finger on that trigger, those rabid liberals you hear so much about in the news (but don't see in real life) might be around the corner at any moment to try and attack you with their bike locks and steal your guns.
edit on 12/11/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Maybe you should live in a house with no walls so you can report back about how futile walls are from your experience.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes, holding to campaign promises is a good thing. If he doe's it then he doe's it. But will he take it all on his shoulders as he promised in that video or will he sluff it off and blame democrats because they would not go along with his orders.
I think the answer to that should be obvious.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: matafuchs

Those 2 f'n clowns. Not Trump. I loved how they did not want to debate in public. Trump responded by stating it is transparency which it is.

I would love to see all of DC have to only debate in public.
Transparency for all of DC.

Now that would be must watch TV.

link   
Trump was grand standing, not negotiating. Pelosi dared Trump to get votes in the House for the wall.

Schumer called him out for lying about the wall. Pelosi called Trump out for presenting inconsistent facts for the press, that need to be discussed and verified during negotiations. .

Trump threw a tantrum and promised to shut down the government if he doesn't get at least 5 billion dollars for his wall. But, he promised not to blame the Democrats when he does. LOL

edit on 11-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
What is the downside to protecting your borders? Nothing.....

I think Patton's quote said all that needed to be. A wall isn't going to stop much. It will be circumvented in other ways.

It's not going to happen anyway. For just those reasons. It's a political talking point to deflect from REAL answers. And don't ask me what they are. I have no clue.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This was no negotiation. Trump wanted a photo op so that he could play the tough guy before the camera. All for you believers.

He did, however, say that when he shuts down the government due to not getting all the money he wants for the wall that he would ''own'' it and not blame anyone else. Let's hold him to that.

lol.

I say good. His supporters want the wall. Shut down the government if they do not approve of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Maybe you should live in a house with no walls so you can report back about how futile walls are from your experience.

That's the stupidest thing I've read here in quite some time. It may have moved me if you had worn sackcloth and covered yourself in ashes.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

YOu make me laugh, did he tell me that personally.. What a hoot. No, it was evident in his arguments. He was not there to listen at all. He was there to demand. I heard him say '' see? we are all getting along'' . Playing for the camera and all his followers to think he was actually there to negotiate. That's the bs that was going on there whether or not you want to see it.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I especially like how Trump said he would absolutely own the shutdown, but what he in fact meant was that its Nancy and Chuck's fault....

It will be their fault overall. If they do not pass the funding for the wall, they know he will shut the government down. Nancy and Chuck say they don't want the government shutdown. Well, how bad do they don't want the government shut down?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Balls are one thing, ah, two things, but shutting down the government because he doe's not get his present is immature idiocy.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes, holding to campaign promises is a good thing. If he doe's it then he doe's it. But will he take it all on his shoulders as he promised in that video or will he sluff it off and blame democrats because they would not go along with his orders. I think the answer to that should be obvious.

Oh I think we have all see he will "claim the mantle" for the shutdown if it is over the wall.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join