It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Pelosi, Shumer and the Wall

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Bull#. I guess you forget the ACA where is was Miss Pelosi who said we have to pass it to know whats in it.

He understands the process and is cutting to the chase. Politicians are not used to that. They want some drama and she was asking for it.

Why the # send a bill to somewhere it will not pass? Also, they are pissed because as Chucky said they have plans in place. They have votes for what THEY want. Why should the president not hold out.

Shutdown the government as demand a budget. There is no budget process in the US government right now and Trump is trying to change that.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I like how after the closed door meeting, if you did not see that interview, they act like they schooled Trump.

Does no one remember these two did the exact same thing last year except they stood Trump up for the meeting which was for DACA.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Schumer's body language said a lot.

He was acting like a baby. Anything trump was saying, chuckie was just shaking his head

He was showing that no matter what it is. Coming from trump he will shake his head.

Schumer and others are on videotape in the past speaking about the importance for border security.

Why the sudden flip?

Have they been compromised and being taken advantage of by outside sources

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Is that what you thought this was, a meeting with majority House leader and the Senate minority whip to access the situation? Pitiful.

So 3 respresentatives of government, having a discussion about why the government will be shutdown is not a meeting? Even if they have video of this meeting that we just watched in the thread? You didn't watch it?

No man, that was a surprise presser, where Trump tried to ambush Pelosi and Schumer with grandstanding and lies, that backfired on him, BIGLY.

Which ended up being the whole meeting, because Nancy and Chuck decided to end it there. You should have watched it. It worked out exactly how Trump wanted it to. He knew Chuck would never agree with the Wall. A National Security concern, and Chuck will not agree to it.

.....Other words for negotiation may be: mediation · arbitration · intercession · conciliation · bargaining · haggling wheeling and dealing · dickering · hammering out · brokering · settlement.

Or just say no this is what I want or the Governemnt will be shut down.

None of those were things that Trump was willing to embrace.

Neither did Nancy or Chuck. They said the Wall will not be part of it. So it would seem you should have something to say about their negotiating skills, since you know so much about negotiating skills.

For Trump, that meeting's purpose was to negotiate anything, but to make a public threat of a government shut down if Pelosi and Schumer don't do what Trump wants. Nothing more, nothing less.

Trump is trying to make good on the promises he made to his supporters that got him elected President, and improve National Security at the same time. But because it will give him a win with his supporters the Dims will never willingly approve of it.

Trump is a representing his supporters for their voice to be heard on this issue. As a supporter I will be the first to say Shut the Government Down. Leave it down for about 2 months, and then maybe Trump can get some things done in this country that need to be done.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: shooterbrody

Obviously, he does not. His performance in the Oval Office meeting with Pelosi and Schumer demonstrate that fact spectacularly.

So now you are saying it was a meeting. lol

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Darmok Pelosi , and Jalad... on the ocean."
Darmok Pelosi , and Jalad... they left together."

Gilgamesh , his Arms Closed
edit on 12-12-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

they all should be ashamed of themselves.
they are elected to represent the people. to create legislation and government projects to help the citizens of this nation. instead they waste time and money on nonsense.

all of them should be removed from office.

What non-sense. A National Security issue? I don't think that is non-sense.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Darmok Pelosi , and Jalad... on the ocean."
Darmok Pelosi , and Jalad... they left together."

Gilgamesh , his Arms Closed

Lol. He does seem more of the warrior.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Am I the only one that feels a strong urge to reach through the screen and bitch slap that smug smirk off Shumer's face? Trump even looked like he was ready to body slam the guy at the end of the clip. There's a arrogance about Shumer that I just can't stomach.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Am I the only one that feels a strong urge to reach through the screen and bitch slap that smug smirk off Shumer's face? Trump even looked like he was ready to body slam the guy at the end of the clip. There's a arrogance about Shumer that I just can't stomach.

No , I hear you Mr. Spock , it is Only Logical to Feel that from your Human Half . Mr. Shumer needs to have his Glasses taken away , then maybe he can see the Writing on the Wall here . As for Fancy Nancy , she is just being Desperate in staying out of a Nursing Home in the Next two Years , or Jail if you consider the Skeletons in her Closet ........
edit on 12-12-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I think this helps Trump. Shows how slimy Pelosi and Schmucky are...

Trump just wants to get the border done while the left plays politics... this is why Trump won. He has a spine.

Because men with spines cheat on their pregnant wives and pay hush money to the women to keep them quiet. Great job taking personal responsibility for his moral failings. What a spine!

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It all remains to be seen, but two Republican lawmakers came out yesterday to say that Republicans had enough votes to push the $5 Billion in border wall funding on their own without the Democrats. They didn't elaborate, but it looks like the Senate plans on mending a couple of Senate rules in order to take this border wall funding through the Reconciliation Process to get it done.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The moment when the con man realizes he will never get his wall, lol. Pathetic orange turd that he is.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The moment when the con man realizes he will never get his wall, lol. Pathetic orange turd that he is.

The wall is coming. If you're so pro open border why don't you let a few ms13 members stay in your neighborhood how about in your home? Oh that's right it's best they go to other neighborhoods. You nor your team have the money to pay for the consequences of open borders.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The blackmailer-in-chief passing the buck again, for failing in negotiations with Mexico.

Simple.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

And you wrote this without ANY conscious irony?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Shouldn't Trump be talking to Mexico? He did promise that they would pay for it after all.

The only wall that's been built is the one between the American people, bought and paid for by those in power and their sock puppets from both sides of the media.

The carvan has stopped In Mexico drying up all their resources. Aid has been cut, factories have come back to America.

They are paying one way or another, dont know why trump wont tax any money sent to Mexico or central America countries.

Western union has been making a killing. Not like immigrants of the past, today's immigrants send their money out of the country

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
It all remains to be seen, but two Republican lawmakers came out yesterday to say that Republicans had enough votes to push the $5 Billion in border wall funding on their own without the Democrats. They didn't elaborate, but it looks like the Senate plans on mending a couple of Senate rules in order to take this border wall funding through the Reconciliation Process to get it done.

oh will the legacy of harry reid again haunt the democrats?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Alot of you seem way out of touch over what the MAJORITY of AMERICAN CITIZENS want. Democracy right?

Only when it works for your side. Ppl that support these two leftist clowns deserve everything they will get from them.
edit on 14-12-2018 by PurpleFox because: AMERICAN CITIZENS

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

www.msn.com...

Well it looks like neither side will give in.

Is it just me or does Shumer look like Creed from The Office?

Anyway. It is fun to watch.

Full Video below.

I thought the most fascinating thing about the video was VP Mike Pence's ability to make the viewer forget he is in the room. His ability to effectively disappear while sitting in a room near center frame is amazing. Sitting still stone faced.

edit on 14-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join