It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Pelosi, Shumer and the Wall

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: matafuchs
Build the Wall. What is downside? That is the part that is never discussed what is the downside to a wall?

Pouring massive amounts of money into a futile endeavor?

“Fixed fortifications are monuments to man’s stupidity.”
Patton

Patton would probably have the military lined up and shooting any illegal who passes over the border. Is that a better solution?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: matafuchs

Those 2 f'n clowns. Not Trump. I loved how they did not want to debate in public. Trump responded by stating it is transparency which it is.

I would love to see all of DC have to only debate in public.
Transparency for all of DC.

Same... The only thing they don't need to discuss are strategic actions against foreign enemies. That needs to be kept confidential and we should only be informed after the plan takes place.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: matafuchs

Those 2 f'n clowns. Not Trump. I loved how they did not want to debate in public. Trump responded by stating it is transparency which it is.

I would love to see all of DC have to only debate in public.
Transparency for all of DC.

Same... The only thing they don't need to discuss are strategic actions against foreign enemies. That needs to be kept confidential and we should only be informed after the plan takes place.

I agree.
It will be interesting to see which representatives vote for border security.
IMO it is hilarious to see people ask if trump is bluffing at this point.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If you lock your doors at night and are against a wall, you are a hypocrite. BUILD THE DAMN WALL

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
If you lock your doors at night and are against a wall, you are a hypocrite. BUILD THE DAMN WALL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

oh so he had a meeting with the senate majority leader to access the situation?

LOL...

Is that what you thought this was, a meeting with majority House leader and the Senate minority whip to access the situation? Pitiful.

No man, that was a surprise presser, where Trump tried to ambush Pelosi and Schumer with grandstanding and lies, that backfired on him, BIGLY.

.....Other words for negotiation may be: mediation · arbitration · intercession · conciliation · bargaining · haggling
wheeling and dealing · dickering · hammering out · brokering · settlement.

None of those were things that Trump was willing to embrace.

For Trump, that meeting's purpose was to negotiate anything, but to make a public threat of a government shut down if Pelosi and Schumer don't do what Trump wants. Nothing more, nothing less.

edit on 12-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

www.msn.com...

Well it looks like neither side will give in.

Is it just me or does Shumer look like Creed from The Office?

Anyway. It is fun to watch.

I was wondering why Shumer looks familiar..he does look like Creed lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

LOL...

but you said trump didn't understand the process?
then you posted he met with mcconnell?

trump indicated he has the house votes and needs 10 senate votes

he clearly understands the process

the negotiation would have continued but for pelosi and schumers fear of transparancy

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Trump understands the "Ram it through" process. He has no idea how to negotiate legislation that can't be rammed through.

He needs, at least, 10 Senate votes, and instead of looking at compromises and negotiations, he's threatening a shut down. That's not negotiating.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Trump understands the "Ram it through" process. He has no idea how to negotiate legislation that can't be rammed through.

He needs, at least, 10 Senate votes, and instead of looking at compromises and negotiations, he's threatening a shut down. That's not negotiating.

He understands the process as well as his predecessors.

According to GovTrack, Trump has signed 176 bills since his inauguration. That’s about on par with Barack Obama at this point in his presidency (174), and slightly behind George W. Bush (187).

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Obviously, he does not. His performance in the Oval Office meeting with Pelosi and Schumer demonstrate that fact spectacularly.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
"Walls don't work!"
- rich celebrities and corrupt bureaucrats that live in gated communities and walled properties

Also:
"No borders! Let them all in! (as long as they don't settle in my neighborhood)
- same assholes as above
edit on 12 12 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Obviously, he does not. His performance in the Oval Office meeting with Pelosi and Schumer demonstrate that fact spectacularly.

The fact that you choose to judge him from a soundbite on the evening news and not the actual facts says a lot.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This:
Is not a "sound bite". It demonstrably a Trump "The Art of Deal" temper tantrum tactic.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

Of the 176 bills he has signed into law, 132 are classified as substantive, compared to 118 for Obama and 133 for George W. Bush.

these are actual facts that show he has signed legislation into law, and at a rate similar to his predecessors
your "theory" that he does not know what he is doing does not hold water
you may not like him or his negotiation style, but his success rate is similar to the former white house occupant

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

Of the 176 bills he has signed into law, 132 are classified as substantive, compared to 118 for Obama and 133 for George W. Bush.

these are actual facts that show he has signed legislation into law, and at a rate similar to his predecessors
you may not like him or his negotiation style, but his success rate is similar to the former white house occupant

You're talking to a brick wall. He's been told to think Trump hasn't accomplished anything. No facts to the contrary will convince him otherwise. That would require independent thinking.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

He doesn't understand how negotiations in the legislative process really work. The stuff that he was able to get passed, like the Tax Cuts, were railroaded through, with little to no negotiations. Things that he couldn't railroad through, like repealing the ACA and a clean DACA Bill, shows that he is incapable of real negotiation.

I can tell you've never been party to a tough negotiation.

I have. I have had to deal with people like Trump before, at least in negotiation style, and let me tell you, you'd better be on your game! I had honestly never seen him in actual negotiations before this, so i didn't know what style he used. My experience is that someone with that style, who can twist the conversation around to his will on a whim, usually wins. Pelosi and Schumer were simply outmatched. The only way they can come out of this is being complete obstructionists... they will never win, as in get bills past Trump that he doesn't want.

If I were counseling them, which obviously I am not, I would tell them to not even try to win... play for a stalemate. Pick some pet project of theirs and attach it to a bill that Trump wants and get it through. That way they can brag about getting Trump to sign some of their legislative agenda in 2020. As it is, they are setting themselves up for a fail.

Maybe you're right that Trump doesn't know how negotiations go in Washington DC. But then again, maybe that's the reason business accomplishes so much so quickly while the government accomplishes very little and takes forever to do it.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I finally watched that.

Pelosi comes across as a child daring someone to do something on the playground:
    - "Nancy, why introduce the bill when it will only get passed by half of congress?"

- "Nuh-uh...you don't have the votes in the House."

- "Nancy, yes I do, I have the House and the White House, I just don't have the Senate."

- "Nuh-uh...prove it."

(repeat those lines ad nauseam)

This process is just silly. Nancy is an idiot, Sen. Schumer is just an ideologue, and Trump (in this case, anyway) is the one speaking logically.

Nancy's fear of discussing things in front of the press is concerning, though, isn't it?

ETA: I'm not a big fan of the idea of "needing" a wall. I do, however, agree with Trump that strategically placed sections would make a big impact.

edit on 12-12-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

www.nbcnews.com...

...That would require independent thinking....

Boy if this isn't the blind leading the blind....

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

they all should be ashamed of themselves.
they are elected to represent the people. to create legislation and government projects to help the citizens of this nation. instead they waste time and money on nonsense.

all of them should be removed from office.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join