It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA offers to show proof of moon landing to Warriors’ Stephen Curry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I'm sure that Curry will understand and accept the data that is presented to him.

But the pictures of Earth show that it is round so they, obviously, are fake.

edit on 12/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
It's fascinating when ppl are so into the idea of it having happened , they become ultimate bigots about it . These people hide here , saying they all politically aware most of the time , and then they come out with their total bigotry right in your face .

bigotry /ˈbɪɡətri/Submit noun intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

It's only particular instances , such as this one of course . As they're paid to hang around , sniping at heretics

Yawn.

You really think you're so important that people get paid to point out how wrong you are?

You seem pretty intolerant to people holding different opinions to you as well.

No-one's paying me to be here. Just as no-one paid me to put this together to prove to idiot basketball players that we went to the moon:

onebigmonkey.com...

What I'm intolerant of is people continuing to hold the same uninformed, uneducated, incorrect ideas even when it's been pointed out to the how false their delusions are.
edit on 12/12/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: extra

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

You obviously have no idea how many high resolution colour photographs there are:

www.flickr.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

No, they did not.

No-one from NASA gave the former PM any rocks, no-one from NASA ever claimed it was a moon rock.

Two artists preparing an exhibition found a card from the US Ambassador in the same box as a fossil and decided to put 2 and 2 together to make 5 and have some fun. The moon rocks were not even publicly released at the time the Apollo 11 crew went to Holland, and the former PM wasn't even there to meed them.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks like Curry accepted NASA’s invitation. He’s also claiming it was a joke....

www.espn.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
honestly they should have to prove it. everybody knows that the truth in some form or another is being hidden

skepticism is healthy for the mind

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, it is.

For the life of me I can not understand why this idiocy won't die its long over due death.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Hey, I thought the second President Bush taught us that?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
honestly they should have to prove it. everybody knows that the truth in some form or another is being hidden

They should go back, and send survey drones around the entire moon. You know they have the tech for it. We should know exactly what this thing looks like, in its entirety — 50 years after we first went there.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Synchronicity.
I entertained myself over a rainy last weekend, reminiscing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, 377 flags & 672 pages!

I don't think I could put myself through that. Why was it closed? Was it for animal cruelty? That horse was beat pretty bad. Six hundred and seventy fricking two pages of beating.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: Phage
Synchronicity.
I entertained myself over a rainy last weekend, reminiscing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, 377 flags & 672 pages!

I don't think I could put myself through that. Why was it closed? Was it for animal cruelty? That horse was beat pretty bad. Six hundred and seventy fricking two pages of beating.

LMFAO! I saw that too. You verbalized it perfectly!!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yes, it is.

For the life of me I can not understand why this idiocy won't die its long over due death.

Basically, the average intelligence quotient for those who engage in social media, would have to go high enough to squeeze out the bottom feeders. This is probably what will happen eventually.

I agree it is long overdue.

But, by then there will be a whole bunch of new, stupid, scientifically sterile accusations to deal with.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Best evidence it was real:

Norman Mailer, ‘Of A Fire on the Moon” --
“The event was so removed, however, so unreal, that no objective correlative existed to prove it had not been an event staged in a television studio - the greatest con of the century - and indeed a good mind, product of the iniquities, treacheries, gold, passions, invention, deception, and rich worldly stink of the Renaissance, could hardly deny that the event, if bogus, was as great a creation in mass hoodwinking, deception, and legerdemain as the true ascent was in discipline and technology. Indeed, conceive of the genius of such a conspiracy. It would take criminals and confidence men mightier, more trustworthy and more resourceful than anything in this century or the ones before. Merely to conceive of such men was the surest way to know the event was not staged.”

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Arnie123

....you live under a rock?

I'm not American so I don't follow your sports or know who the personalities are.

I'm an American and have no idea -- or care -- who these people are.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

They should go back, and send survey drones around the entire moon. You know they have the tech for it. We should know exactly what this thing looks like, in its entirety — 50 years after we first went there.

you are a bit late to want surveys of the moon, its been done, its been mapped.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: toysforadults

Enjoy: quickmap.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It may be debunked as you said, but a quick google search, which I try to do as often as I can when it is about somewhat older information, only shows links (at least the first page) to news that the rocks are fake. Comes to show almost no media can be trusted. So forgive, or sue, me for not looking through at least ten more pages to see if it had been debunked. Besides, I did at least post a link, whether it was to correct information is another matter, but where’s yours stating the opposite? I have no problem with admitting I’m wrong, but for that I have to be re-informed.

a reply to: choos

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My reply to chaos goes for you too.

a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

My understanding of it comes from the same method as yours: research, except mine actually looked for answers and comes from a detailed understanding of the subject.

If you do the research properly you can find out when and where the 1969 Giant Leap tour went. You can also find out when the lunar samples were released from quarantine in the lunar receiving laboratory for study by the international science community. There is also information out there about what gifts were presented on the tour, and when Nixon commissioned the plaques containing actual lunar rocks to be given to the world's nations.

None of the information in those resources give any support to the story that a moon rock was given out.

If you look further into the story you can find out about Bik van der Pol, a pair of artists who like to do thought provoking stunts and exhibitions. As part of an exhibition they were preparing for the Reijksmuseum on the moon they came across a case or personal effects from the former PM. I took the trouble to seek out and buy a copy of the book from that exhibition. In that box was a card from the US Ambassador saying

With the compliments of the Ambassador of the USA...to commemorate the visit to The Netherlands of the Apollo-11 Astronauts.

It contains no reference whatsoever to any kind of moon rock.

in that same box was a piece of fossilised tree. There is absolutely nothing anywhere that claims that this piece of fossilised tree (and it's not fake, it's a genuine piece of fossilised tree) was either given by the ambassador, given by by anyone from NASA, or that it is from the moon.

The only time the two articles are linked together is in the exhibition ("Fly me to the moon") put together by these artists. Everything else follows from that. If you read carefully what was said over the telephone by Middendorf, it is clear that he is not sure which rock they are discussing, and if you search the web carefully you will find photographs of him examining an actual lunar rock that toured later.

They have a website where they link to, completely without comment, the internet furore resulting from the story. That website contains the handbook from the exhibition, an original copy of which I own.

You'll notice that I have not provided links. All the information I have given you there is publicly available. If you're as thorough at researching as you claim you'll find that all the information I've given you there is correct. The factual inaccuracy comes from the often repeated but baseless claim that Apollo 11 astronauts (or anyone else) gave anyone a moon rock on that tour, which they did not.
edit on 13/12/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

"If you're as thorough at researching as you claim"??
I never claimed I was thorough in my search. You know you can actually be right without being a dick, right? I ask that because "smart" people like you always know exactly what they read and say. So thanks for taking the time to make a false accusation, and for not simply pasting a link to educate me further.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join