It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA offers to show proof of moon landing to Warriors’ Stephen Curry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Sounds like Curry should hop on ATS and participate in some moon landing hoax threads.

The most amazing thing to me is we went there 50 years ago and right now currently we have zero chance of going back. Let alone Mars, that's an even bigger joke.

Actually, NASA states in the article that they are going back:

"We have hundreds of pounds of moon rocks stored there, and the Apollo mission control. During his visit, he can see firsthand what we did 50 years ago, as well as what we're doing now to go back to the moon in the coming years, but this time to stay."

Maybe that should be the real meat of this thread — and not whether the moon landings actually happened.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

No it's clearly about whether the moon landing actually happened , and the fact they didn't

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Thorneblood

Figured that out years ago mate but as someone with an interest in space it irks me when people deny the bravery and achievement of the men who made the journey and the brilliance of the people who sent them there , and brought them back.

Honest question, in your opinion Gortex, what made Neil Armstrong go MIA for so long?

We all know old Buzz is certainly a character.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

No it's clearly about whether the moon landing actually happened , and the fact they didn't

I didn’t say they didn’t happen. Stephen and other players did.

It will be interesting if Stephen actually accepts NASA’s invitation to go to Johnson Space Center; and what he has to say after meeting with NASA. He’s actually a pretty humble dude, considering where he’s come from. I’m guessing he will acquiesce their request.

I have to admit, I’m jealous.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I guess all you need is to be is an NBA superstar to get an invite. My question is, all they have is rocks to show him? How could he tell the difference from an earth rock as opposed to a lunar one?

I think they are being somewhat sarcastic since you can go there too...maybe if you are a stupid superstar you can get a sarcastic invitation too.

I’m pretty sure we went to the moon. However, if NASA really wants to put this conspiracy finally to rest — show us something better than freaking rocks!

Have you lifted one finger off you couch? Holy Sh@t your statement is very ignorant to say the least. Asking for proof when it is all over the place if you just lifted a finger..

Buy a nice telescope and see for yourself...

Or look at some posts on ATS about other countries mapping the moon and proving the landings were real. Here is two pictures of one on the moon and the other is Japan's satellite mapping of the moon. You can see the terrain is the same in both and that would be impossible thing to fake, so the moon pictures are real, and proven real.

edit on 11-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

My guess is that one or two of the folks are NBA fans. Curry is an idiot, but who knows maybe others will believe him is he's convinced.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Obviously there is a lot of conspiracy theories about the moon landings on here as well.

I think this is a good PR move my NASA.

I mean how would you prove to someone that we actually went to the moon? Rocks wouldn't do it. I couldn't tell the difference between moon rocks and those from New Mexico or Nevada. The photo's always seem a little fake with the foil. That wouldn't do it. The reflectors on the moon. Sort of but we could have just shot some up there with unmanned missions. The biggest proof is the astronauts and mission personel themselves. As with any conspiracy...the bigger it gets and this would have involved thousands of people, the less likely it is that they would have all kept quiet. You can't vet that many people or keep that many people quiet.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Cury went with a concensus opinion , he didn't step out to try and convince anyone just stated his own mind on it in agreement with others .

The article says ... "NASA offers to show him proof" ,

but the fact is in reality

"NASA jumps on NBA stars' innocent public statement, publically threatening to disprove his point of view"

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

That was Shaq....who was chastized by Charles Barkley on espn for the belief of a flat earth...funniest show ever!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Couldn't care less whether he went with a group consensus, or not. The mere fact that he gives it any credence what so ever, says a lot about his education, or lack thereof.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think the fact that nasa has a monitoring and response station for that kind of thing speaks volumes .

It's not like Walmart have a dept for proving they supply bread to the 'Walmart don't supply bread' crowd .

But it's a sore point obviously . They're spending taxed dollars on this

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Obviously there is a lot of conspiracy theories about the moon landings on here as well.

I think this is a good PR move my NASA.

I mean how would you prove to someone that we actually went to the moon? Rocks wouldn't do it. I couldn't tell the difference between moon rocks and those from New Mexico or Nevada. The photo's always seem a little fake with the foil. That wouldn't do it. The reflectors on the moon. Sort of but we could have just shot some up there with unmanned missions. The biggest proof is the astronauts and mission personel themselves. As with any conspiracy...the bigger it gets and this would have involved thousands of people, the less likely it is that they would have all kept quiet. You can't vet that many people or keep that many people quiet.

Or going back to the moon and supplying all of us intrigued folks some hi resolution images — not in black and white. I’d say that would be more than suffice.

As I previously mentioned multiple times, I believe we went to the moon. Now it’s almost 50 years later, time to go back. Let’s see this moon for what it really is. I presume that it looks far different than the black and white grainy footage we have been supplied.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Funny. “Hundreds of pounds moonrock”, and yet they manage to give the Dutch government a fake piece of rock!

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 11-12-2018 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You'll have to face it they've got nothing else to prove it with than fake moonrocks and a badly made movie which they don't want to publish

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

A PR dept. This sort of thing is kinda their job.

In American sports, especially, obviously, basketball, there may not be a bigger name in the last couple, three years, at least since Kobe Bryant retired.

Free press, probably good press at that.

How are the spending money? Other than paying the guy or gal who wrote the press release, I mean? They're not paying for his airline ticket to come to Houston, they invited him to come on in when he's next in town.

Me? Absolutely I'd take 'em up on it...it'd be a pretty cool way to spend a day.

While I don't think much of the ignorance Curry put on display, he'd be crazy not to take advantage, imho.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

thats been debunked so many times i dont even know why people bother re posting it..

is it strange that other nations get their rocks like this:

but holland gets a rock larger than anything brought back without any sort of protection??

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The thing is, the number of people that would have had to have been “in on it” would have numbered in the tens of thousands. We’re talking about things like thousands of engineers either outright lying about NASAs capabilities, or too stupid to realize their work product never made it into the space craft they themselves didn’t know was fake. That’s just one example of tens of thousands one could argue.

Don’t forget the Russians had every reason to expose us for the frauds conspiracy types assert we are......and yet they didn’t. They didn’t because they tracked the launch, our space craft traveling to the moon, it’s orbit, the lander separating, descending to the moon’s surface, the radio emissions coming from the surface, the assent to the orbiting module, return trip and the splash down.

It happened. It’s real.

a reply to: Subrosabelow

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Synchronicity.
I entertained myself over a rainy last weekend, reminiscing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's got everything.
No stars
Shadows
PLSS
Radiation
Dust
Perspective.
Bart Sibrel
Kaysig

Even petrified wood.

Over, and over, and over.

All the ignorance anyone could ask for.
edit on 12/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
All they have to show anyone, are the rocks.

They not only have the isotopic ratios proving them as moon rocks...

They were in situ millions of years before removing them from the surface.

Rocks on the surface of the moon, contain micro-meteoritic craters on one side (side exposed to space), and not on the other sides which were facing the surface.

These features are shown readily in the samples.

This can only happen on a moon rock, because an atmosphere would not permit micro-meteorites to have the velocity to accomplish this. An atmosphere would vaporize anything as small as these micro-meteors long before reaching the surface.

These rocks were picked off the surface, and many were photographed in situ before being removed.
IT is pure and simple.
edit on 11-12-2018 by charlyv because: s

edit on 11-12-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join