It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your TV is brainwashing you!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Have you seen very recent "enlistment" commercials for the military? That should give you an indication on the types of emotion "they" are evoking at this point in time..........it's all about the indulgence of ego, not patriotism anymore..........

The enlistment commercials tend to be very powerful. Hell, I even want to join
up after seeing them. I grew up a military brat and that was enough of the
military for me. The enlistment commercials do glamorize the military in an
exceptional way. If only the picture they are painting were true.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
... I'll notice that when I turn the tv on there will be a loud annoying almost mind numbing high pitch frequency that it gives off. And when I turn it off it goes away. ... But the way this high pitched sound coming from the TV makes me feel is the more interesting part. It almost zones me into the tv and I find it harder to even concentrait on the music. Now hows that for mind control?

Okay, now you're the one being paranoid.

What you are hearing is a 15KHz tone. It is created by the scanning of the
electron gun across the picture tube. Each line of the TV's picture gets
excited by the electron gun while it sweeps across the tube at this rate.
If you'll notice, you cannot hear your PC monitor as it sweeps at a higher
frequency depending on the resolution you're using (beyond the capability
of human hearing).

The brain washing going on by your TV is done out in the open using the
images and sounds broadcast in the form of programming. One of the most
obvious forms is just repetition. Once you hear/see something a number
of times you tend to believe it. Or rather it tends to be imprinted in your
brain.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
As for brainwashing, I don't think most intelligent adults are at risk the way the kids are, and I wonder if any parents actually realized what their children are being exposed to.

Well, after seeing the zombie like state that television puts my kids into
I got fed up with it and canceled our satellite feed. We've been 3 years
now without television in the home. No regrets. We do still watch movies
though via NetFlix DVD's. I don't mind TV so much when you can control
the content. With broadcast TV you really don't have control over what
you are watching. Even if you are careful about program selection the
commercials on broadcast TV (more than 50% of what you see last time
I looked) are beyond your control.

... programming and ads during the hours that kids are home ... they are being exposed to sexual awareness in a way that goes beyond what I could imagine and is obviously targeting them.

Not only sexual awareness but arguably worse is the constant exposure
to violence.

I don't mind sex so much as long as it is in the right context (which it rarely is)
but the violence that is being fed to society on a daily basis seems to feed
the conflicts going on in the world. I mean, it should be a terrible thing that
someone is shot and killed, or that one group of people hates another but
these types of things are just accepted as normal. WTF?

I still don't understand why showing a woman's boob on broadcast TV is
considered a crime but showing a person being murdered (even if fictional) is
nothing to worry about?

The TV could be used as a powerful learning tool but it is being used to
completely screw up the minds of those who will watch. Is the reason for
this simply ignorance or is there something more sinister at work?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ive done a similar thread on this sort of topic:
link to interesting article is in there too on TV and addiction of it, how it affects brain etc:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ummmm thats exactly what happens everyday ..

instead of the controlling chants and hyms of ancient times... we have made the drum beat slightly different, to the tune of 50% off, Do you wake up in the morning? Well You have AIDS!.....

madchat.org...
www.rawilsonfans.com...

People highly overlook the pioneers of physcology and philosophy that we've had in the recent past.. instead we search for the OLDEST documentations.. how ignorant.. and we jail our free thinkers of today... and label them polictical enemies.. and such...

[edit on 14/3/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
[quote

I still don't understand why showing a woman's boob on broadcast TV is
considered a crime but showing a person being murdered (even if fictional) is
nothing to worry about?
is there something more sinister at work?

I am with you 100% on this Truth........a boob is SO SO BAD but we can watch bloody bodies all night and not flinch........something is DEFINATELY wrong there....

I think there very well ~IS~ something more sinister at work here......and I am ashamed that the TV still plays in my house.
I was raised by a dang TV set having no siblings. I realised that 'something' bad, was happening via the television a LOOOONG time ago, and keep thinking I will get rid of them. But everyday I think "well, just ONE more episode of All My Children can't hurt me" so..... I am sitting inside watching tv AGAIN instead of gardening, or doing something else that I actually LOVE. I have the TV on for 'company' alot, it just seams SO much like an old friend, its like I am so used to the vibrational frequenceys put out by the TV I am addicted!
.............and I guess thats the whole idea hu? to get us to NEED it somehow...so that it has constant influance on our dailey lives.

I am ashamed of my telivision watching.........
it seams easier to quit smoking than to turn off the TV set.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
When people ask me if Tv is brainwashing me, I answer than I've got a dirty mind, and so probably needed it. Seriously, though, TV does tend to reduce , or surpress, brain wave activity. This is why it has a 'tranquilizing effect' on the viewer.

You can observe this for yourself. The next time you are with a group of people, perhaps in an 'orientation session', and they slide out the TV and VCR, to give you their presentation, watch what happens to the other people in the room.

They generally start out bored, restless, and figity. As the televised presentation begins, they start to relax. Their eyes widen, and their jaws drop. After about 20 mins, the 'energy level' of the room as gone down considerably. By the end of the presentation, people are completely docile. That's usually when the lecture starts.

By that time people are usually pretty out of it. One of the side effects of the supressed brain activity is that people tend to lose the critical faculties. They can't ask the important questions anymore. They're more inclined to accept what they're told, and go along with it. That's why it's so important to start with the TV presentation, and move on to the lecture after people have become 'receptive'.

It has something to do with the frequency at which the cathode ray tube, which is the TV's picture device works. It projects a single dot, in rapid fire repetition, across the TV screen, in successive rows, several times a second. The picture changes as the color and tone of the dots changes, as it moves across the screen. That creats a 'rythimc blinking' effect.

Walk passs ome ones house at night, while they are watching TV. Notice the pulsing effect of the TV's light on the windows. Just like a fire from a fireplace. So it tends to lull people into a relaxed and suggestable state. This is why TV is so good a selling things.

Incidentally, the same CRT, or 'picture screen', is used in video gambling terminals. Look at the trouble people have with those. As their brain activity gets supressed, they get sloppier at gambling. Add alcohol into the equation, and most normal people are in no position to hold their own in a poker contest with a random numbers generator! So people tend to lose more heavily to VLT's then old fashioned slot machines!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
sure i belive you

does anyone know were i could find a forum on secret societies?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It gets worse. Studies have shown that TV lowers 'brain metabolism' by as much as 40%! It takes more than a month or so , without TV, for the brain to recover. That's half the reason 1/3 of North Americans are overweight! They park themselves in front of the tube, and as their metabolism lowers, they get hungrier. What they eat gets stored as fat. Heavier, clumsier, and duller: TV is turning america into a pack over Homer Simpsons!

On the bright side: TV's sedating effect has probably prevented us from killing each other in fits of rage! Matt Groening has covered this many times in his cartoons. In "Futurama', evil 'space brains' come to earth to supress consciousness. Even nibbler is powerless to stop them. ONly Fry, who has a functional mind with out benefit of 'consciouness' is able to save the day. "They're like gaint, floating TV's", Fry comments at one point, noting their consciousness supressing quality.

Again in a Simspon's "Tree House of Horror", no beer and TV made Homer 'something, something'.

Consider TV and 'brainwashing' as a 'neccesary evil' of our 'brave new world'.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
"Does TV Brainwash?" I am sure there are interesting publications on it. One is Fritz Springmier's "The NWO...Total Mind Controlled Slave." Of course it does, but the nuts and bolts can be found in that book. I cut the cable 7 years ago, but use the internet. I hate TV. At least with Newspapers, they can't affect your brainwave activity like a TV or Radio can.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freudling
"Does TV Brainwash?" I am sure there are interesting publications on it. One is Fritz Springmier's "The NWO...Total Mind Controlled Slave." Of course it does, but the nuts and bolts can be found in that book. I cut the cable 7 years ago, but use the internet. I hate TV. At least with Newspapers, they can't affect your brainwave activity like a TV or Radio can.

ahh but they do.. just as powerfully.. but of course ... preoccupying the sensory system with more than one stimuli helps reprogram the brain .. newpapers are unique mind control... keeping in mind that newspaper could be honestly reporting on anything from grandmas icecream cone falling ... to, how some of the organizations in this world work ..

But what they do .. is (and yes they have intelligent people who are good at wording things... (words are everything) is they write articles in a manner where it appears to be complexe, but the words are really univeral .. in most cases... words some people call Ultronically Loaded words.. or positively loaded words.. (yes theres a contrast to that) and they utilize these tools to accomplish certain questions within the mind.. and steer you away from more prevelant questions... (You have to mind my spelling, I'm not a dictionary and I'm on a crappy connection so I couldn't be bothered)

The idea of the newspaper is a good one for control...
You put together stories that are somewhat incomplete and people will make assumptions in the direction they were left in ..
It's essentially making you think your in the loop... like you can have an opinion .. but for fear of being outcasted (which I have covered in other threads) that fear makes you more prone to accept the direction you were shown ..

Its really tricky to explain .. but this summer my colleagues and I are going to assemble some video and audio proofs of the powers of words and manipulation .. and how they work psycologically and emotionally..

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We all seem to agree Television is a exceptional tool for brainwashing. What I wanted to focus on, however, are the messages we're being fed by the brainwashing device. (BWD)

The following messages seem to be prevalent:

- Our country is in constant danger of being attacked.

- There are two types of people in the world, Right Leaning and Left Leaning.

- The Right Leaner's have some sort of exclusive access to God and know what is right.

I could go on but I'm running out of time. Anyone else care to comment on the "messages" we're being programmed with?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What about all that talk of subliminal suggestology from about 30 yrs back? They claimed that 'secret messages' were imbedded in movies and TV programs. They persuaded people, because no one knew they were there. The back door into the mind, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yes the government did a good job of shutting up the modern day prophet Timothy Leary... and made him look like a crackpot... the most popular words out of his mouth were

THINK FOR YOURSELF & QUESTION AUTHORITY...

You may want to check out some more on the man before you pass judgement and call him an acid freak or hippy.

Dr. Timothy Leary, Ph.D.

How To Operate Your Brain

Think for Yourself and Question Authority

You can find more useful information on the page I listed..

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Orange
What about all that talk of subliminal suggestology from about 30 yrs back? They claimed that 'secret messages' were imbedded in movies and TV programs. They persuaded people, because no one knew they were there. The back door into the mind, so to speak.

Do you have any specific examples of embedded messages? I would be very
interested to know what the messages were/are?

I'm not so much interested in advertisers attempting to get you to buy their
products as that is just capitalism plane and simple. More specifically what
are the messages that governments put out there to influence the masses?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

Hey, that would make a great bumper sticker!

Thanks for the links. I am not a stranger to the effects of induced mind expansion. It seems that this is what governments/religions fear most:
people thinking for themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Does anyone else realize that television broadcasting is performing mass brainwashing on the populous?

brain·wash·ing
n.

1. Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.
2. The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.

I guess the real question is: What is it that "they" want us to believe?

technically you can say the internet does that to you also, especially the weak-minded individuals who can not accept their own beliefs or make their own ideas

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

Hey, that would make a great bumper sticker!

Thanks for the links. I am not a stranger to the effects of induced mind expansion. It seems that this is what governments/religions fear most:
people thinking for themselves.

On the contrary .... Timothy Leary NEVER said you need ACID or drugs to expand your mind... I wouldn't look at his teachings in that regard..

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Media of all kind, and indeed Communication itself has a warping affect on the mind... For if one is subjected to other opinions, these will inevitably affect the way we think, the invention of television has merely aided the process...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Orange

Do you have any specific examples of embedded messages? I would be very
interested to know what the messages were/are?

I'm not so much interested in advertisers attempting to get you to buy their
products as that is just capitalism plane and simple. More specifically what
are the messages that governments put out there to influence the masses?

The origional study on subliminal suggestions occured back in the 50's,when psychologists succesfully managed to imcrease op corn and sodas sales in a movie theatre by 'embedding' suggestions into the movie frames. Sales went up over 50%.

Another famous example was the 'hooded creature' that appears briefly during "the Exorcist". It was said to be responsible forcases of hysteria during the movie's showing.

Subliminal Advertising

Expert discusses the effects of subliminal advertising

By the 70's it had become a 'cause celebre', and it was said every magazine ad contained hidden pictures of female genitels, so subjects would associate the product with SEX!

Of course in the 80's there was the whole 'backward masking ' issue. Pop msic protestors, like Tipper "Ms Al" Gore, claimed that heavy metal albums contained hidden messages, inciting teen agers to rebellion and truency. The messages were revealed when played backwards. The Beatles took credit for inventing backwards masking on their "Sgt Pepper" album.

SUBLIMINAL ADVERTISING BECOMES ISSUE IN 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

So the battle to control the hearts and minds of men continues unabated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join