It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be next UK Prime Minister, when and how?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
We haven't got the best of choices have we.
If there was an election tomorrow I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for.
Probably waste it on a local independent candidate.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well , I would like to See some of the Constitutional Peasants get a Chance at the PM Job . I mean , What Do you Have to Lose ? .........)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I honestly think its such a shambles at present that The Labour Party don't actually want to get elected.

As we've said before, we need a 'None of the above' option on the ballot paper.
Make it compulsory that an MP needs a minimum of say 10% of the electorate to be eligible to take their seat in Westminster.

We vote for 'None of the above' and only a small handful of MP's are eligible for The Commons - I think that might qualify as a 'Constitutional Crisis'!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Haha I haven't seen that sketch in a long time!

Funny how many Monty Python clips end up in threads on ATS, they were ahead of their time for sure.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Mate the United Kingdom playing at nuclear war at all needs a serious reality check just down to our geography alone.

So since you don't mention the £840 billion to the banks i will assume you are ok with that. LoL

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Oh i dont know about the "drama queen" part, I'm not the one that's always whining about others winging. LoL

I would not wish to see a pointless retaliatory strike from our subs nether, as it would serve no other purpose than spite, the truth is nuclear war is a mug's game.

Plus some the radiological fallout from a large scale Russian attack on the UK might very well end up eventually landing on there own soil dependant on wind direction and weather conditions. Leaving them in misery for decades to come whereas we would be pretty much glassed instantly from one Russian Satan II ICBM plus accompanying warheads.

Like i said a mug's game, and expensive exercise in M.A.D, and something we could well do without, our nuclear arsenal that is.
edit on 19-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I would be stumped as well to be honest, a shower of inept bastards the lot of them, and then some.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not playing, it's a deterrent. Just pointing out that your figures were wrong and highly misleading. As for the Tories supposedly wanting to privatise the NHS, this codswallop has been spouted by the left for decades.

Cost of bank bailout (as a result of Labour crashing the economy) - no idea but probably not far off.

So, you get a mark of 1 out of 3. Must try harder. See me after school.
edit on 20-12-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I would be stumped as well to be honest, a shower of inept bastards the lot of them, and then some.

Now that - we can agree on.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Thing is the NHS is in no way strong and stable, and nuclear war is indeed a mug's game.

So i'm think your math may leave somewhat to be desired, maybe you should see me after school?

As to them all being a shower of inept bastards, that really is a predicament nobody seems to be able to address or get there head around.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The NHS costs more than we can afford and the problem is not helped by the huge and very costly management/administration structure.

Having said that, I have found the NHS to be great - literally life saving.

Nuclear war is indeed a mug's game, when there is a deterrent. Without one, it becomes an option for an enemy.

What's wrong with my math?

OK - I'll see you outside the school gates at 4pm. If I'm late - start without me.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well if the future holds any kind of nuclear warfare where the UK is a concerned i imagine not much is in store for us bar a blanket of nuclear fire and then a whimper.

So what other purposes our nukes serve other than a deterrent to nations that do not possess the same is quite frankly beyond me.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It's a deterrent to nations that do have the same. That's the whole point of MAD. You are missing the whole point.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

The NHS costs more than we can afford and the problem is not helped by the huge and very costly management/administration structure.

Having said that, I have found the NHS to be great - literally life saving.

Nuclear war is indeed a mug's game, when there is a deterrent. Without one, it becomes an option for an enemy.

What's wrong with my math?

OK - I'll see you outside the school gates at 4pm. If I'm late - start without me.

We spend less on the NHS than pretty much any comparable country does in healthcare. The idea that we can't afford it is a myth.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Can afford it without Trident for a while.

As to what's wrong with your math simply a difference of opinion i imagine. LoL

Start what without you, Brexit? Nuclear disarmament? Proper funding for the NHS?

I'm a lover, not a fighter these days buddy, and the only time I'm near schools is to pick up my kids I'm afraid.

So you start all on your own, ile spectate later if i have the time and if it makes Youtube.
edit on 20-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I understand the concept just fine.

Mutually assured destruction is stupid in the extreme, its like cutting off your own nose to spite your own face.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Seems to work though. No noses have been cut yet.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Well myth or reality the implications remain the same should our NHS ever see its demise.

Loads of people who work within said system might disagree with your myth assessment all the same.

People i talk to all say its on its arse to be honest.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yet being the operative word there though.

The propensity for destruction is unparalleled in recorded human history.

If that's the best deterrent we can come up with, it says a lot really.

You have to wonder whether we really deserve the planet we have?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Got a better deterrent? MAD makes large scale warfare unthinkable. Take that deterrent away and it becomes thinkable. Not good.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join