It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be next UK Prime Minister, when and how?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Time will definitely prove you right!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Exciting times indeed, i think Corbyn Missed/Dodged a Chance/Bullet. This is all part of the game of chess that's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an internal memo round the Tories urging them to get their letters in to trigger a Tory Leadership Vote if it comes back No Confidence before Corbyn could instigate a No Confidence Vote and trigger a General Election and they lost power
That seems a totally possible scenario, nothing happens in politics without a self preservation back story. Be interesting to see how it goes later, I'll be watching live for sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well, while Theresa May will stay, she has said she will step down before the next election. Therefore, my bet's on Dominic Raab, Sajid Javid or Amber Rudd. Boris Johnson is too divisive, and those who think Rees Mogg will get a look-in are living in fantasy land.

At the next General Election - who can say? Corbyn is still damaged goods (anti-Semitism, support for terrorists, IRA et al), and while he may be the darling of the left, he does make the Labour Party unelectable. Besides, he'll be over 70 at the next election, so may not make it. It would be nice for Labour to actually put a woman at the top, so that could be someone like Angela Rayner (left-wing) or Emily Thornberry (centre). God help us if one of Corbyn's Loony Left mates like John McDonnell.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Amber Rudd only has a very, very slim majority in her Hastings seat - 340 - ish as I recall.

I would quite like one of the Loony Left to be leader. Would hopefully keep them unelectable. Diane Abbott for PM, anyone?

It's way past time that Labour had a woman at the top. Cannot stand Emily Thornberry though.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Diane Abbott with her fake posh accent winds me right up. I can't stand her, never mind her loony policies, see her bashing cops for knocking thieves off their stolen scooters the other week.
Aw bless the stealing little bastards.
😈

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Can't stand McDonnell, myself. Comedy gold here - it's the Daily Express I know but just posting it for the link to the sketch:

McDonnell Mocked in Deadringers' Desert Island Disc sketch

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Haha that was brilliant!
Corbyn and Abbott sitting in a tree...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Don't you start......

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hahaha!
Couldn't help myself sorry mate!

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

that whole tory no vote was bollocks , the tories are not divided at all , the only thing they are divided on whilst bending us all over a barrell is , some tories want to use lube , and others dont !

that vote int he tories was just to show once more they are strong !

it was all set up to make us believe they are divided and not strong , then they come in with this vote BOOM
the tories are strong and will carry out brexit!

it was a set up !

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't think that May would agree with that. Fact is, the Tories are divided on Europe, always have been, always will be.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
I don't think that May would agree with that. Fact is, the Tories are divided on Europe, always have been, always will be.

Clearly the whole country's divided on Europe. It ain't just a Tory thing. It's good that people have opinions, and at least one of our political parties are not inhabited by robots - like the SNP - where the MPs are not allowed to hold opinions. When push comes to shove even Labour MPs have views that differ from the party line.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The nation is divided on Europe mate, it could turn ugly depending on how it pans out.
I can't think of anyone I want to rule the govt right now, from either side of the fence, it's a mess in politics here.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

All true but what on earth is the official Labour line on Brexit?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

All true but what on earth is the official Labour line on Brexit?
Unofficially they all want to remain in the EU, in my opinion, I don't trust Labour as far as I can spit.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well after corbyns blast at may the other day , theresa said that labour and corbyn only want financial instability and chaos in the UK and want to end government

but brexit and calling no confidence votes is instability and uncertainty
its like hypocrite means nothing !

she said that its not the will of the people

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
So, would you take a Labour/SNP coalition government?
The thought makes me shiver, but I can't see any choices I like.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

How about Hoey?

Hoey is a Eurosceptic and libertarian, and has often rebelled against her party.[8] She was a prominent critic of the ban on handguns[9] and, in an interview in Sporting Gun magazine, voiced her support for fox hunting.[9] She has voted against government policy on the war in Iraq, foundation hospitals, university tuition and top-up fees, ID cards and extended detention without trial. She was a leading Labour rebel supporting a referendum on the EU Lisbon Treaty.[10] Hoey has also opposed the smoking ban in clubs and pubs, reclassification of cannabis from a Class B to Class C and originally opposed devolution. She also favours stricter controls on immigration, tougher welfare reform, withdrawal from the European Union, English Votes for English Laws, grammar schools, marriage tax allowances, free schools and academies. She is a critic of the BBC and she also spoke in support of the election of unionist MPs in Northern Ireland.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot
Good shout! Never heard of her

Had a read at your link she seems like my kind of politician in many ways.
Pity we don't vote for PM like US members vote for president. We have a poxy monarchy deciding head of state and it never disagrees with government. Lame and pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join