It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be next UK Prime Minister, when and how?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, I was a member during his time in charge and soon as he left, the mails etc started to take on a much darker tone.
I didn't renew like so many others who just weren't comfortable with the way it was heading.
I must still be on their list because every now and then I get something from them and the last few have been all about muslims, with a tiny footnote about Brexit.

Totally lost the plot they have.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I'm off to bed, be interesting to see US opinions tomorrow when I wake up lol.
Happy Brexit folks x

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Happy Brexit folks x

Who with?

:p

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

...my friend...blonde and blue eyed, definitely racist as # so we should revolt like the French!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

...my friend...blonde and blue eyed, definitely racist as # so we should revolt like the French!

Fill yer boots, kid.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's a bloody mess in UK politics though right now for sure.

I don't know. Brexit's divisive for sure, and as a result everyone - especially politicians - have an option. They are arguing and debating, which is what they are supposed to do. Not much debate allowed in the EU Commission where democracy seems stifled.

On the next PM. It won't be Boris Johnson, nor Rees Mogg. Both are divisive and beyond their fan-base (mainly the press) have limited appeal to mainstream Conservatives. The press like them because they fit certain stereotypes. My money would be on Sajid Javid or Amber Rudd. If there is a General Election and Labour win then it will be the worst of all possible worlds - Corbyn.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

a reply to: andy06shake

Farrage would be better than May in my opinion.
He'd play hardball with the EU instead of netball.

He's so full of integrity isn't he? Mr "Let's leave the EU" who then stayed on as a member himself and reaped the financial awards for doing so? Not sure I'd be trusting that particular ball of slime.

It looks like there's a chance we'll see a vote of no confidence I her today (finally the Tory Party do something I agree with).

Maybe we'll get rid of the grey looking bag of bones that is the PM.

I'm curious if she has a stylus or picks her own clothes, I notice she's always dressed in clothes that emphasise the awkwardness of her movement and kinda makes her look a bit like "Jack Skellingron"...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Vote of no confidence tonight between 6-8pm
Vote of no confidence

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
Oh gosh, that changes everything, maybe we'll see a change in the next few hours!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Vote of no confidence is happening today apparently.
New PM coming soon by all accounts.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Exciting times indeed, i think Corbyn Missed/Dodged a Chance/Bullet. This is all part of the game of chess that's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an internal memo round the Tories urging them to get their letters in to trigger a Tory Leadership Vote if it comes back No Confidence before Corbyn could instigate a No Confidence Vote and trigger a General Election and they lost power

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Corbyn could have called for a vote before now but he has not.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What a surprise, all the usual suspects publicly declaring their support for May who is claiming that replacing her could threaten Brexit.

Someone will come out of the pack in a second round of voting.....I think Raab will make a run.

As I said earlier, as Ruth Davidson isn't an MP in Westminster in my limited opinion I think Sajid Javid is the best option for the country.
To be honest I think its a case that he's the 'best' of a thoroughly rotten bunch....I very much doubt the wishes and best interests of the ordinary British people will be the primary concern of any candidates if May doesn't survive the vote of No Confidence.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Happy Brexit folks x

I think brexit is too complicated a situation for anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in how it pans out.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Because he knows Labour won't win an election. How damning is that?.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I don't think they even want to win a General Election at the moment.....too many hot potato's to juggle....and they're hardly the most capable bunch of politicians I've seen.

A truly damning indictment of UK politics and politicians.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Corbyn has no need to call a vote.

He can just sit back and watch The Tories implode. Which is exactly what is happening.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

But he's hardly pushing Labour as a positive and viable alternative to the Tory Party.

I don't think anyone really wants to lead this country at present....it really is the proverbial poisoned chalice.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Sit back and watch or show some backbone and leadership? I still don't really know what his and Labour's position is on Brexit.

Sadly, with the way things are under JC, we might as well not have an Opposition, for all the good they are doing.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a muppet

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join