It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be next UK Prime Minister, when and how?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
I have my fingers in my ears and am blocking out the mental pictures of....
Haha I'll stop now mate, I'm no sadist!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Some choice, eh? We Brits don't get to elect a party leader, that's for the party to decide. We can vote for a party. If they get in they can change their leader.

We don't get to vote for a President like you guys do but to be honest your voting system is a bit of a mystery to most of us.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You could have fooled me.....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

When Corbyn was a backbencher he was staunchly anti-EU, along the lines of Tony Benn etc.
As soon as he was appointed leader of The Labour Party he became a Remainer.....so much for being a man of principle!

Typically official Labour policy seems to be a mish-mash of contradictory viewpoints all aimed at maintaining effective EU control of most things whilst presenting an illusionary Brexit.
To summarise; taking the moral high ground whilst providing absolutely nothing of substance whatsoever - typical New Labour bollocks.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

...we've got crap choices as voters haven't we.

Now you know how we Americans feel. The only reason we elected Trump is because the alternative was Hillary Clinton.

Honestly mate, I haven't a clue who to vote for if we get a snap election. The choices are all poor.
British politics are in an absolute mess at the moment, it seems like anything could happen right now, a new Prime Minister forced on us by political party shennanigans, or an election with only two bad choices to pick.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Is the Monster Raving Loony Party still doing the rounds?

If they are they may be worth considering given the rest of the shower of bastards shenanigans as of late.

edit on 11-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Haha, yes they are still going, here's their twitter link.
...I reckon next election it will be the decider what happens in Scotland and possible coalition government with Labour.
These are crazy times this last decade or so.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They'd have more creditability than the shower of #e around now.

I remember when they contested a by-election where I live.

Screaming Lord Sutch and his mates were regulars in some of the pubs around the town centre.
They were very approachable, great fun and had far more in common with 'ordinary' people than professional politicians ever have/did/do.

I firmly believe that we should have a box to vote for 'None of the above' and that MP's require a certain percentage of the vote to enable them to take their place in Westminster.

It would be great if constituencies up and down the country failed to return MP's....but I guess it's all just pie in the sky.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hope Sir Patrick Stewart will take the chair

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I firmly believe that we should have a box to vote for 'None of the above' and that MP's require a certain percentage of the vote to enable them to take their place in Westminster.

It would be great if constituencies up and down the country failed to return MP's....but I guess it's all just pie in the sky.

Cracking idea mate

I have only had the option to spoil my ballot with a written comment when I've been undecided. 'None of the above' and a certain percentage of the vote would be fantastic...we can dream eh.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
Haha while playing the role of Capt Piqard!
He'd be an excellent negotiator, the EU haven't got anyone who could beat the capt'n!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: oldcarpy

BJ looks like the likely choice if the Cons can cling to power.

Johnson is loathed by the majority of Tory MP's

Not a cat in hell's chance of him becoming PM.

Seconded. BoJo's odds of becoming PM are on the lines of diddly/squat. The man was one of the most incompetent Foreign Secretaries we have ever had and his actions have resulted in him being actively loathed by a lot of Tory MPs. Plus the moment he said 'F*ck business' in response to hearing that business leaders were worried about Brexit he stabbed his leadership aspirations in the heart. He can stand to his heart's content, but he won't get the votes.
Frankly the job of PM is now a poisoned chalice. Gove/Pob has restored a little of his reputation, but he's still disliked. Rees-Mogg is regarded as being a High Tory in its original sense, as in a refugee from the 17th Century, and has no ministerial experience whatsoever.

Here's a link to a great article in the Guardian about the faffing about in Parliament at the moment, part of which I quote below.

European Research Group henchman Steve Baker MP has declared that the four Eurosceptics who have quit the cabinet – Boris Johnson, David Davis, Dominic Raab and Esther McVey – should decide which one of them will run as a Brexit PM. What a banquet of choice for the British people that would be. According to YouGov polling this week, Boris Johnson’s approval ratings are currently minus 35, David Davis’s are minus 19, Dominic Raab’s are minus 21, and Esther McVey’s were not polled, presumably on the basis that the recently departed high priestess of universal credit would break their measuring device. Incredibly, though, Boris still spent the weekend casting himself as Aslan in some abortion of a Narnia metaphor, when he’s absolutely the biggest Edmund ever to stalk the earth. “Betray my family for a bit of high-end Turkish delight? Yes please!”

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Esther McVey would be a bad one, we'd have workhouses back and children on the streets.
Big no from me for her as next PM.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero
I hope the next PM is someone who hasn't got a finger up their ass, doesn't kick the bucket down the road... Actually knows what they are doing and what Britons actually want.

If only we could vote for the person we want to run the country instead of the party we want to run the country.

I thnk its between Mogg and Corbyn
edit on 11/12/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I hope Sir Patrick Stewart will take the chair

That would be awsome!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24025388]OtherSideOfTheCoin[/post.

So who will be the next PM, anyones guess really I have no idea all I know is that we are in the midst of a political crisis that nobody seems willing to put their job on the line to fix.

I'd be willing to bet that's because nobody has a clue how to. May has us backed into a deal it's her way or the WTO highway.

There's only one man who can navigate us through this Deal or No Deal Brexit. Noel Frikkin' Edmonds....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I'd be willing to bet that's because nobody has a clue how to. May has us backed into a deal it's her way or the WTO highway.

Or.....

A second Referendum.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

So who will be the next PM, anyones guess really I have no idea all I know is that we are in the midst of a political crisis that nobody seems willing to put their job on the line to fix.

There's only one man who can navigate us through this Deal or No Deal Brexit. Noel Frikkin' Edmonds....

Mr Blooby as Foreign Secretary?

Would be better than Boris or Hunt the ####

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Pmsl! With Mr Blobby as deputy...he'd do no worse in the job than BoJo would lol
EDIT
You beat me to it SceptiScot haha
edit on 11-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: djz3ro

Mr Blooby as Foreign Secretary?

Would be better than Boris or Hunt the ####

We've already had Mr Blobby as Foreign Secretary. He was called Boris Johnson.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join