It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be next UK Prime Minister, when and how?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Probably Santa doing some last minute reconnaissance to find out who's been naughty and nice?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's me stuffed then.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Aye well, you won't be alone there.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm #ed as well, Santa won't be bringing me anything so I'll celebrate the solstice today instead...the sun is coming back, #ing yay!!!
...my gas boiler has finally died (20 years old) and I haven't got the cash for a new one right now so bought two halogen heaters from Argos today, they are brilliant, loads of heat without rinsing the electricity.

On-topic, a Tory Prime Minister would say "Let the peasant freeze" lol

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

That's a shame as new boilers cost an arm and a leg these days.

Around £700 for a crap one, upwards of £1500 for a half decent model.

Mines is on its last legs as well but still working.

No Plumber/heating Engineers pals that can procure you one from an old council gaff or somewhere?

As to May i don't think she even sees the poor in a realistic way, or if she does its just to step on.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My son is a plumber so I'm sorted for the work, just ain't got the cash to buy the new boiler because I've been off work sick last few months and rinsed out my savings.
Luckily my son lives next door so I can shower there...austerity Britain haha!
Neighbours gave me a weird look walking to my son's house in just towels and slippers lol.
...if Corbyn offered free boilers for all then he'd get my vote to be Prime Minister!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Guys....

LadBaby for PM!!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Haha you nut!

I had to Google that, funny I have seen some of his youtubes, he made a swimming pool out of a rubbish skip one time, that made me chuckle...his missus is funny as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
my boiler keeled over and died years back.
Couldn't afford to get it replaced so I bought a second hand woodburner with a back boiler for 80 quid off ebay.

Did the job for about 5 years until I replaced it with a 700 quid one this year.
I don't think I'd ever go back to gas, not while I can get free pallets and things.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
That's a top idea

The halogen heaters I bought are fantastic though, like looking at a fire in some ways, and they don't rinse the electric out either. The cat likes them as well lol.
Austerity Britain haha, no hot water, showering in a neighbours house, putting a hooded top on to keep warm, life is good!
Joking aside, it is only first world problems, life really is good, better than a million other places in the world. I am lucky compared to many many people.
#freeboilersforall #corbynforPM

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I know what you mean.
It was a bit of a shock to my kids at first, the house not being warm when they woke up.

But they got used to it and neither me or my mrs grew up in centrally heated houses either, so we weren't too worried about them in that respect.

These days they are all ok with things a bit chilly, none of them ever moan when we are out about the cold or anything and you cant beat coming home to a roaring wood fire can ya?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I used to have a coal fire in a house I owned years ago, I loved it, tending the flames, it was better than TV looking at it.
Got no chimney in my current house though, converted cattle shed, would cost a fortune to sort out a wood burner, holes through walls etc, I'll just save up for a new boiler in the new year.
Maybe a new PM or govt will bring in #freeboilersforall
I was #ing freezing until I bought those halogen heaters lol

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yeah itd be tough to do anything in a more modern house. I'm lucky cos mine is a 1930s one so I never had to worry about much when we went from gas to wood.
Cost next to nothing too since a mate helped me plumb it in and the hot water and radiators are essentially free now

I do miss the convenience of gas, but I like the scrounging for wood and the couple of days every now and then copping it all up. One of those jobs that is really satisfying.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Mate, I am envious as #!
My place is over 200 years old, foot and a half thick stone walls but hidden by plastered stud walling, the job of fitting a burner would be full on. I'm a general builder so could do it myself but # me, I just couldn't be arsed with doing it, the mess and repair work would do my head in.
...I'll comfort myself with the halogen heater shining behind my laptop for now lol

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

wow, yeah I can see how it would be a huge job

Though as long as you are warm when you want to be and not getting rained on, its all good, aint it?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Mate, that is my mantra! I ran away aged 16 and was homeless on the streets from January to May (what twat runs away in winter? lol), nothing has ever been as low as that point in my life so a crappy halogen heater from Argos is like gold to me!
Life is good, showering next door and no hot water unless boiled in a kettle is first world problems to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Totally agree and at least you got through it. Bit like a lottery win when you think what the world can be like for a kid out there sometimes.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
One night I had all my clothes on it was so cold, 3 pairs of jeans, 7 tee shirts, 3 hoody's, and one coat...still shivering, even though I was on bench inside some derelict leisure centre place. The outside swimming pool was frozen solid, could walk over it.
...we are way off topic now though we'll get spanked by mods lol, pop in the Banter Cafe thread, share some tunes on the jukebox...nothing is off topic there.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Damn that sounds pretty rough.

You are right too. might drop in later, you be good now and try not to get spanked by the mods huh?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It was proper freezing, lowest point of my life so far! I look back and chuckle at it because it was so awful, and I was still a child at 16, heck I look at my nearly 21 year old son as a child still lol
Remember thinking someone 25 was old?!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join