It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become a 4th degree felon while you sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Consider this a public service announcement just in case those who live in New Jersey are unaware of the law that goes into effect as of 11, December 2018..
New Jersey: Possession of ‘High Capacity’ Magazines a Fourth Degree Felony Starting Tuesday

The possession of “high capacity” magazines will be a fourth degree felony in New Jersey beginning Tuesday morning.

Gov. Phil Murphy (D) signed the ban on magazines holding over 10 rounds in June, and it takes effect December 11.

You have to wonder if any of the ban gang knows how quick a magazine change can happen..? The law was challenged in court but in a two to one decision the law was upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.. The one no vote/opinion was by a Trump appointed judge..
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Consider this a public service announcement just in case those who live in New Jersey are unaware of the law that goes into effect as of 11, December 2018..
New Jersey: Possession of ‘High Capacity’ Magazines a Fourth Degree Felony Starting Tuesday

The possession of “high capacity” magazines will be a fourth degree felony in New Jersey beginning Tuesday morning.

Gov. Phil Murphy (D) signed the ban on magazines holding over 10 rounds in June, and it takes effect December 11.

You have to wonder if any of the ban gang knows how quick a magazine change can happen..? The law was challenged in court but in a two to one decision the law was upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.. The one no vote/opinion was by a Trump appointed judge..
www.breitbart.com...
http:// www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/new_topics.php

Don't understand your post?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The stuff you brain produces causing you to dream every night does that (fourth degree felony).

Speaking of which its about time to 'break the law' for the night myself.

edit on 11-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You can become a felon faster than over night while you're sleeping.

All it would take is the wave of a hand and poof! you are whatever they want you to be. The sheeple are really just puppets that have the hand of TPTB up their little puppet butts making them dance to their tune.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Good thing I don’t live in New Jersey and own high capacity magazines. I just have standard 15 round magazines that were supplied by the manufacturer to the gun. So the gun owns them.

But if the Governor and Legislature of New Jersey feel better, I will be more than happy to mechanically remove a few so that there are only 10 rounds in the magazine.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

This bill bans firearm magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Magazines capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition currently are legal in New Jersey.

Specifically, the bill revises the definition of a “large capacity ammunition magazine” to reduce the allowable rounds of ammunition from 15 to 10. The bill also designates a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds as a prohibited assault firearm.

The bill exempts law enforcement officers from the bill’s 10 round limit on ammunition magazines by authorizing them to possess and carry while on duty a large capacity ammunition magazine and possess and carry while off duty a large capacity ammunition magazine which is capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition. The bill also permits retired police officers authorized to possess and carry a handgun in this State to continue to possess and carry a magazine capable of holding up to 15 rounds.

The bill exempts from the 10 round limitation those semi-automatic rifles which have an attached tubular magazine and which are capable of operating only with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition. This exemption would permit the sale and possession of a popular beginner gun, the Marlin Model 60, often referred to as the “Boy Scout gun.” These firearms are low caliber and the attached tubular magazine cannot be quickly reloaded

www.njleg.state.nj.us...

4. (New section) Any person who legally owns a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds or a large capacity ammunition magazine as defined under subsection y. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition on the effective date of P.L. , c. (C. ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) may retain possession of that rifle or magazine for a period not to exceed 180 days from the effective date of this act. During this time period, the owner of the semi-automatic rifle or magazine shall:

a. Transfer the semi-automatic rifle or magazine to any person or firm lawfully entitled to own or possess that firearm or magazine;

b. Render the semi-automatic rifle or magazine inoperable; or

c. Voluntarily surrender the semi-automatic rifle or magazine pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.2C:39-12.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

There you go. Add a wood spacer...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Welcome to Canada. My Jericho 941 9mm can only have 9 rounds per magazine. You can remove the blocker and put the full 15 in if you want, but it's something like 10 years if you get caught.

Long story short...Canadians don't need the extra 6 rounds

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

My Jericho 941 9mm can only have 9 rounds per magazine.

YOU HAVE A JERICHO!?!?!... can we be friends? lol

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Lol it worked for these guys

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The stuff you brain produces causing you to dream every night does that (fourth degree felony).

Speaking of which its about time to 'break the law' for the night myself.

Hell, I thought this was a post about getting arrested for stuff you dream about...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Someone help me with the math:
4th degree felony x 14 x 30 round magazines.
That's just for one of uh...several guns.
If New jersey should annex Virginia I suppose I'll be in big trouble.
So how many years in prison are my AK mags good for?
talk about toxic plastics!
edit on 11-12-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The bill exempts law enforcement officers from the bill’s 10 round limit on ammunition magazines by authorizing them to possess and carry while on duty a large capacity ammunition magazine and possess and carry while off duty a large capacity ammunition magazine which is capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition. The bill also permits retired police officers authorized to possess and carry a handgun in this State to continue to possess and carry a magazine capable of holding up to 15 rounds.

That's unconstitutional.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The law must apply equally to everyone.

new topics

join