It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangular UFO Caught On Night Vision On December 8 In Melbourne, Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes it's a nice camera makes you wonder why all the ufo youtubers don't save up their pennies/cents and buy one, oh that's right it would destroy their money making sites.

You don't even have to spend the money on that camera (£5000+) Sony has the A7S range, A7S II is due to be replaced by the A7S III soon.

A7S II in action

edit on 12-12-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Or make them a millionaire.

I have taken a few videos i would have killed for one of those cameras. To bad the price is so high, and i wonder how it would do against some of the active counter measures to make systems like this Sony camera useless, well to identity if anyway. If they can grade systems i bet it would make quick work of any consumer goods.

There are some neat tricks out there that can make a building disappear film. Or with the standard generation three night vision their is a 'light' for lack of a better word that basically blurs out the aircraft too where all it looks it's a dirty green ball.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Did you see the bird starting to appear in the middle to upper left at 3:50?
Such a camera would indeed be revelatory when it comes to the countless IR night movies on YT that show mundane stuff (birds and insects mostly).

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

i think you may be mixed up Gen 3 and in fact most night vision gear has a low resolution the image is on a screen.

How Do I Judge Night Vision Quality?

For thermal it's easy. It's all about resolution, with 640 x 480 usually being the best for handhelds. A good system is 320 x 240, and there are many applications where 240 x 180 will do the job.

Judging the quality of I² equipment is considerably more complicated. The quality of any I² tool is determined by its optical characteristics as well as its image intensifier tube. You could take the best Gen 3 tube on the market and pair it with lousy optics, and you'd have a lousy system. So concern yourself as much with the optics as the tube

As you can see quality is nowhere near the other videos advantage of a camera like the ones linked are you can change lenses as required.

The Sony A7S III is due to be released soon which will have greater low light quality and may even be a starviz type sensor.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

These systems in these platforms I'm talking about are made to render mil. spec equipment(let alone stuff that a civilian can buy.) useless.

They are advanced countermeasures after all. I have seen one video I know is one of these systems and for what ever reason they always vanish via copywriter strike or some other tom foolery

Allot.of the new !missiles use a data base inside the missile system that hold outlines of any aircraft it could be fired at, it helps the missile get around some methods like flares and chaff.

But if a missile seeker sees is a blob and other systems are used, I imagine it would be were very effective.

Now the source of the green light is still under heavy speculation here but I can assure you it's more than a simple light.

If you are ever lucky enough to see a black tri. You might notice that it has a coronal like discharge but in the form of an orb(blue orb this time with a mist or fog), and I BELIEVE they use this "light" as super ECM's.

If you can discharge energy/light across a wide broadband of signals from radio to ultraviolet and beyond it would be amazing at blinding sensors.... if you were feeling frisky messing with the impulses of a.human mind would be doable with an advanced ECM system.

There are some very interesting ecm stuff out there so blinding any. NV military or otherwise would be an easy trick[
edit on 14-12-2018 by penroc3 because: Auto correct

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Sadly that is perfectly valid, most Youtube sites that get popular become money spinners, gain a lot of subscribers and pretty soon the advertising revenue split with the host site start's rolling in.
Still there is the odd gem, it is a bit like trying to see the wood for the tree's though.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

What green light is under speculation?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join