It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me to understand. . . . .

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 11-12-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: BlackJackal

ROFLMAO you're talking about research? You haven't done jack s#it in the form of "research" in any of your threads... All you keep posting are lies and you claim your lies are true...

In all fairness, he does do reasearch. He regularly researches the current left leaning publications then parrots the headlines one after the other as if they were fact, not realizing they are simply opinion pieces.

The TDS is strong in this thread...once again. Not sure how you all will top crying and screaming at the sky, but I’m sure it will be quite entertaining.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There is no "popular vote" in the mid-terms.

There in only the vote in each state for a senator or in each House district.

Tallying all the votes across the country in each race up to create the illusion of this or that kind of support is just a myth created by people who don't like how they don't hold power in this or that aspect of government and who are trying to overthrow the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Wait, I'm confused. Where are the Russians in all this again? Isn't that what all this investigating about? If not, then Mueller's whole investigation is exactly what it has been charged to be -- an investigation in search of a crime or a witch hunt.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Getting caught up. . . heh, can't talk about what the left is doing because of "Russian whataboutism".

That was cute.

So even after 6 pages, it's still Orange Man Bad, the left is wonderful and should get away with it.

Banana Republic!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just keep trivializing every finding.
Everything is.....no big deal
exxcept it all is and its all adding up.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

buh buh buh buh what about H.I.L.L.A.R.Y. !!!! The cry of the desperate.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I know.

I see the rule of law being applied differently and it is benefitting the leftist ideology.

Truly disturbing.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So we can go back to the Congressional Hush Fund again? You know, where members of Congress paid off people they sexually harassed and/or assaulted (maybe, we don't know do we because those records are sealed) to be silent about it with tax dollars (unlike private funds)?

And that is only about Hillary if you think her name is on that list. She did serve as a Senator from New York.
edit on 11-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I still want to see the outrage for extortion. That's what the payout was. Stormy Daniels demanded money or she was going to reveal details of an extra-marital affair which, incidentally, has yet to be proven. To prevent damage to his name and brand, Trump was forced to pay her extortion money in exchange for her agreement to a Non-Disclosure Agreement, wherein she agreed in writing to not disclose any information about any potential affairs.

Stormy Daniels broke that agreement in addition. She essentially stole $130,000 from Trump via fraud. Where is your outrage about that? Extortion and theft via fraud are both serious crimes, each far more serious than adultery.

As for money laundering, what was he supposed to do? Write in on his tax form, "paid to some woman so she wouldn't tell false stories about an affair with me"? He repaid money to his attorney who brokered the agreement as legal fees. That is common practice. Only in the deranged political climate we have today would anyone suggest that a businessman being extorted and using common business practices is somehow a hardened criminal for paying an 'innocent' extortionist and thief. Only in the mind of people so deep in absolute hatred would Trump's actions be considered anything other than legal, or Daniels' actions anything other than illegal and heinous.

There is no "whataboutism" going on. You can drop that nonsense. What is being discussed is legal precedent and equality under the law. If one person is to be held as guilty under a particular set of circumstances, another person under similar circumstances must be held as guilty as well. If one person is held to be innocent under a particular set of circumstances, another person under similar circumstances must be held as innocent as well. Anything else is despotism. Anyone who wishes to live under that kind of rule should move to Iran or Saudi Arabia... it will be more to their liking.

TheRedneck

From their conversation it is Cohen telling Trump what needs to happen as Trump's legal counsel. Trump is not dictating anything...

This last year I fired two people that one worked for the company for about 7 years and the other for about 3 months. In both cases the company paid them off not to go to court even though the company would win 100%. The payoff was between 30 to 50k each. The reason was it would cost the company more to win, and in Trump's case 130k was a lot like this...rather chump change as part of a retainer fee to his lawyer. There is no money laundering, no hiding illegal activities...just getting extorted.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You do realize his campaign was financed with personal funds?

I kind of wonder if Trump decided to buy a 50 million dollar yacht with his own money while campaigning if that would be considered illegally using campaign funds? Cohen is not a cheap lawyer...multi-millionaire in his own right, making a million or more per year as a lawyer... I say this as in what is 130k to people like this? It is not like they need to pull money from some campaign fund it is as simple as Trump's finance team paying legal fees, and I would bet Cohen legal fees were more than 130k to begin with.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I am right...

Thankfully the answer to this is always NO.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

If I am right...

Big surprise that you would support an unequal application of the law to support your authoritarian ideology.

Shocked face.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

If I am right...

Big surprise that you would call me out on yet another one of my mindless zero thought mental picnics.

Shocked face.

FTFY

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So the big deal, the Mueller investigation, all the friggin' drama. . . . is about Trump paying, right before an election, some bimbo's to stay hushed while he ran for Preezy.

Amirite?

They desperately wanted to use these scandals to damage Trump politically before the election. But because of the hush payments it made it more difficult for them, after winning the election they didn't give up on this, and when all else fails, this is what remains.

Trying to make this a campaign finance violation exposes how desperate they really are to bring this president down by any means necessary.

imo

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

It’s funny, everyone says the left is just trying to take poor old Donny boy down. If he does go down there is no one to blame but himself.

The Mueller investigation was spawned because of Trumps actions. The FBI was investigating the involvement of Russia into our election in 2016 and at that time they were not even looking at Trump. However, then Trump fires Comey and the very next day when asked why he did it, his response was:

Trump said a lot about Comey as did the left who screamed for his firing months earlier...

So the left is also talking about investigating all of Trump's tax filings, and any deals he has made in his life. This is an example of a group that wants to find anything they can across a person's life to take them down...lol if you can't see that then I don't know what to say.

What if the FBI as normal practice spent two years and 10s of millions on every top Government official to look at their lives from High School on to see if they can apply any of the millions of laws on the books? Would we have a single person in Congress or any top level position including all the alphabet agencies? Or ever see a single person run for any office anywhere? What if in the past EVERYTHING deemed private was displayed in public as part of any high profile government position? I would bet EVERYONE in our Government history would not be there.

That and other bits of information reported at that time caused enough concern for the Deputy Attorney General ( who was appointed by Trump ) to begin a special investigation. Why? Well because our President sure was giving the appearance that he didn’t want anyone investigating Russia. If this was Obama instead of Trump, I’m sure you would want him investigated, right? I would.

Trump shows frustration saying from day one that nothing is there as he tries to run a country. Almost two years later there is zero Russian collusion even though the FBI is going after everyone on anything they can find to squeeze information about Russia and still nothing.....

Holy#, don't get me started on Obama, are you that daft?

Here is just a tidbit for you...

Never mind that the left-leaning big media basically ignored major scandals during the Obama years, ranging from the IRS targeting scandal and the VA's deadly waiting lists for veterans to Hillary Clinton's illegal use of an unsecured, hackable home-brew server for her official duties as secretary of state and the Fast and Furious gunwalking program.

These and others were epic scandals that the media simply ignored or downplayed.

"Obama and his administration would deem industries either destructive to the environment or exploitative for the financial and professional gain of his friends, including industries such as coal mining, offshore drilling, cash advance companies, and for-profit colleges," wrote Katelyn Caralle of the Washington Examiner.

Schweizer's book, based on extensive research, says that Obama acted to regulate certain industries in such a way that the regulations lowered the value of some of the companies, wrote Katelyn Caralle of the Washington Examiner. These actions let two family friends to profit handsomely on deals through their own investment firm.

Here's how it worked: Obama buddies Marty Nesbitt and Harreld Kirkpatrick III formed a private equity investment firm called Vistria, right around the time Obama was re-elected in 2012.

Nothing wrong with that, except, as Schweizer notes in his book, "A curious pattern began to emerge. Obama and his administration would attack industries with government power, which led to substantially lower valuations for these companies. Nesbitt and Vistria, or others close to Obama, could then acquire those assets for pennies on the dollar."

As an example, Schweizer cites the case of for-profit higher education schools like University of Phoenix, ITT Technical Institute, and DeVry University. In 2013, Obama blamed the schools for taking advantage of students by saddling them with massive amounts of student debt, ruining their credit and making a profit on it. He ordered the Federal Trade Commission to go after them.

In the case of the University of Phoenix, its parent Apollo Education Group was suspended after a Federal Trade Commission investigation in 2015. The following year, three companies, including Vistria, swooped in to buy what remained of Apollo at a price 90% below its share price before the investigation.

As Vistria's education investment portfolio bulged, a number of Obama Education Department officials, including Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, ended up taking high-level jobs with Vistria.

There are others...

Schweizer noted in his book, for instance, that both Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State John Kerry were deeply involved in trade and security talks with China even as that country began its aggressive campaign to expand its military and physical presence in the South China Sea. Contrary to standard diplomatic practice, however, both played "good cop," not seriously confronting China on its misbehavior.

Remember, Biden and Kerry were close friends from their years spent together in the Senate. So there was little surprise when Biden's son, Hunter, and Kerry's stepson, Christopher Heinz, one of the heirs to the Heinz ketchup fortune, went into business together in 2009.

They created a number of equity and real estate investment firms allied to Rosemont Capital, "the alternative investment fund of the Heinz Family Office."

So far so good. Except, "Over the next seven years, as both Joe Biden and John Kerry negotiated sensitive and high-stakes deals with foreign governments, Rosemont entities secured a series of exclusive deals with those same foreign governments."

In December of 2013, for instance, Biden traveled to China for talks. He brought Hunter Biden along. While there, the senior Biden soft-pedaled China's clear aggression, and played up the bilateral trade partnership. Ten days after the trip concluded, China's central bank, the Bank of China, set up a $1 billion investment joint venture called Bohai Harvest RST. For the record, the "RS" referred to Biden's son's firm, Rosemont Seneca.

That's questionable enough.

But months later, in July 2014, Secretary of State John Kerry traveled to China, also for talks. Kerry talked little of China's clear aggression, but did conspicuously note that "China and the United States represent the greatest economic alliance trading partnership in the history of humankind."

He should know. In the ensuing months, Chinese government-linked firms took major stakes in several of the firms owned or controlled by Hunter Biden and Chris Heinz, and provided them with massive funding totaling billions of dollars. Nor is this the only scandal involving John Kerry.

If there wasn’t anything connecting Trump to Russia then he should have nothing to fear from this investigation

The investigation has long stopped being about Russia over a year ago...and that is why it is now a witch hunt. You all want Trump's life picked apart with a fine tooth comb and events like I posted above is nothing to you.

This statement from you is a joke...

I’m sure you would want him investigated, right? I would.

edit on 11-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Mahogany

You're going to be really disappointed for the next 6 years.

I think you'll be too ashamed to post here in 1 year.

So basically he'll still be proudly posting here in a year? Because no left wing predictions have been correct since 2015.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Mahogany

You're going to be really disappointed for the next 6 years.

I think you'll be too ashamed to post here in 1 year.

So basically he'll still be proudly posting here in a year? Because no left wing predictions have been correct since 2015.

When you realize their predictions are entirely fantasy based it makes more sense, and in that case are totally accurate!

Remember when....

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
No, as usual you are not right. a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

According to your own link, Trump put more money in his campaign that any other candidate, many times more. His personal monies accounted for 66.% of his campaign. Small donors accounted for another 25.3%, despite him never doing any fund raisers. Large donors came out to only 8.4%. I call that self-financing.

You can call it whatever you like. Your opinion doesn't matter.

It also doesn't matter if he self-financed his campaign at 100% because once that money left his bank account and went to the campaign it was then governed by the laws and rules regarding campaign finances. Are you implying that Donald Trump is above the law? Are you arguing that Donald Trump should not be held to the same laws and standards of other candidates? Because it sure sounds like you think he is special.

Hoss, I don't need you to read some link to me. NDAs are my bread and butter! I've likely executed more NDAs in the past year than you have in your lifetime. And every damn one of them better be good without my signature, because the lawyer that drew up the template didn't even put a place for my signature. Why? Because the NDA is not binding on me! It is binding on the person I show my information to.

Some are binding on me... and those only have my signature, because someone else is showing me their information. Those are not binding on the other party... I just let them use my template.

Trump is not bound by the NDA. Daniels already received her compensation, so there is nothing to bind him to. Daniels is bound by the NDA, so her signature is required.

What scares me is that some people actually believe the crap you are spewing on this... and that makes me want to never trust anyone where an NDA is needed again.

Actually, he said he didn't know anything about it, with it referring to the allegations about the NDA. Sorry, you don't get by with putting words in others' mouths (although you do seem to like to do so).

As to whether it was extortion, I'd like to know how you define extortion. I define it as the attempt to blackmail someone in order to get money or other valuable favor from them. So let's see...
  • did Stormy Daniels claim she had an affair with Donald Trump? Yes.
  • Could this allegation have been harmful to Trump? Yes.
  • Did the NDA cover this allegation of an affair? Yes.
  • Did Daniels sign the NDA? Yes.
  • Did the NDA forbid Daniels from disclosing information about a supposed affair? Yes.
  • Did Daniels receive $130,000 for signing the NDA? Yes, by her own admission.
  • Did Trump seek out Daniels and ask her to take his $130,000? No.
That is extortion, no matter how you cut it.

Now...
  • Did Daniels sign the NDA? Yes.
  • Did Daniels receive $130,000 for signing the NDA? Yes, by her own admission.
  • Did Daniels follow the contract she signed? No.
That, sir, is theft by fraudulent means.

Ok, so you are still arguing that this NDA is valid and that Stormey Daniels broke said NDA and extorted poor ol Agent Orange. I'm sorry but that argument is crap, because the central point of your argument is that the NDA was valid. If that is the case then why did Trump himself state that the NDA was not valid. He also refused to carry out his threats to sue her. So where is this 'real crime' you keep pushing?

President Donald Trump does not believe porn actress Stormy Daniels' hush-money deal, which his former personal lawyer said was done to influence the 2016 presidential election, is valid and will not carry out threats to sue her for breaking the agreement by discussing details of their alleged affair, Trump's attorney said in a court filing Saturday.

As far as the hush money is concerned, Trump told the courts that it was between Michael Cohen and Stormey Daniels and had nothing to do with him at all. So, how did Stormey Daniels steal money from Trump when he claims he knew nothing about the payment? (This is all very funny because as we all know, Trump is on tape talking to Cohen about this very payment)

LINK

What is illegal? I have yet to see a description from you as to what this supposedly illegal money laundering scheme was. Did he make multiple transfers with incorrect accounting entries? Did he spread the money among many other categories? What exactly did he do?

I have already copied and pasted the allegations into this thread in a response to JinMI, feel free to read it yourself. There is also a tape where Cohen and Trump discuss setting up a shell company to hide this payment. In addition, the prosecutors told the judge that they have evidence to back up these allegations.

Basically, in this case you are saying that you believe the word of a pathological liar over that of the prosecutors. Prosecutors who happen to be Republican's interviewed personally by Trump and then appointed to their position by Trump. You can't scream Democrats in this case.

So why do you believe Trump in this case? What in the world has he done to earn your trust except lie and manipulate you to your face?

I suggest you look up the legal term 'precedent,' because you are saying such a thing does not exist. You are also saying that the law should not be applied equally to everyone, only to those you personally dislike. I consider that subversive and despicable, and as having everything to do with this subject.

Do you even read what I say before your respond? Because it sure as hell doesn't appear that way. I literally said "The hush money fund was entirely illegal and I agree more should have come out of it than it did, but it has literally nothing to do with this subject." And you accused me of arguing for unequal application of the law? You are really just throwing anything you possibly can against the wall to see what sticks aren't you? Have you really become that desperate?

Like I said above, I totally agree that the Congressional slush fund was horrible and more should have come out of it. However, it didn't break any laws. In actuality it was created by the passing of the "Congressional Accountability Act" in 1995. ( I love how Congress names these bills the opposite of what they do. ie Patriot Act ) The Congressmen who utilized this fund did so in response to sexual harassment claims which as you know is a completely different law to campaign finance fraud and money laundering.

So bottom line is no, that fund was an atrocity but it does not apply to this case except maybe for a correlation between shrivelled up old men pushing themselves on young women.

With that said, please explain how precedent was set in a case concerning sexual harassment payments for a completely different law? You know, like you said equally applied laws.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join