It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me to understand. . . . .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Eh , confefe .....

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

They're loading the trebuchet of opposition with anything they can find...

What's to understand?

My tiny febrile mind still clings to look for logic and reason.

I am often disappointed.

I am guessing they'll say that it's super-bad because the Special Counsel found it out. That will make it super different than when anyone else did it. Also, Orange Man Bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So even Tucker brought this up.

hmmf.

Trump paying bimbo's = impeach.

Democrats paying bimbo's = moar votes.

Like I've been saying, we live in a Banana Republic where the rules don't count.

It's just sex when Democrats do it.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

They're loading the trebuchet of opposition with anything they can find...

What's to understand?

Yes , a Super Duper Stupor

My tiny febrile mind still clings to look for logic and reason.

I am often disappointed.

I am guessing they'll say that it's super-bad because the Special Counsel found it out. That will make it super different than when anyone else did it. Also, Orange Man Bad.

Yes , a Super Duper Stupor for Barnaby Mueller ..........

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I only have ball caps.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Intimidating=

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: highvein

Intimidating=

Okay. I need that hat.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's not even a Stetson...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

True.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Does Individual 1
want to ban 'em
or invent 'em
?
#Smocking Gun

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So the big deal, the Mueller investigation, all the friggin' drama. . . . is about Trump paying, right before an election, some bimbo's to stay hushed while he ran for Preezy.

Amirite?

This is the "smocking" gun? The thing that will impeach The Bad Orange Man.

Amirite?

If I am right, if this IS correct, then what about all the congressmen who have utilized the congressional sexual harassment hush fund (ostensibly) for silencing women before their own elections?

Why do they get a pass when The Bad Orange One doesn't?

WTF-Over?

No you’re wrong. The issue of him paying these women money from his campaign and then laundering the money through a series of shell companies and bank accounts is a criminal investigation by the Southern District of New York. This investigation is SEPARATE from the Mueller investigation.

This is a criminal investigation in which the president is currently an unindicted coconspiroter, just like Nixon. So, what this means is that Investigators claim to have evidence that Donald Trump commited at least two felonies.

As for your “whataboutism” for the Senate slush fund, it doesn’t change anything about this case. Fittingly, Whataboutism is a Soviet propaganda technique used to shift attention away from the subject at hand while accusing the other party of hypocrisy without ever addressing the original claim. Also, if it wasn’t clear enough, using whataboutism as an argument is a logical fallacy.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Mahogany

You're going to be really disappointed for the next 6 years.

That’s funny considering that Republicans lost the popular vote in the midterms by the largest margin in history. It’s going to be tough to get re elected President when many of the districts he won in 2016 went overwhelmingly Democratic in 2018.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The issue of him paying these women money from his campaign and then laundering the money through a series of shell companies and bank accounts is a criminal investigation by the Southern District of New York.

This doesn't make any sense. Source?

As for your “whataboutism” for the Senate slush fund, it doesn’t change anything about this case. Fittingly, Whataboutism is a Soviet propaganda technique used to shift attention away from the subject at hand while accusing the other party of hypocrisy without ever addressing the original claim. Also, if it wasn’t clear enough, using whataboutism as an argument is a logical fallacy.

Maybe we should use the comparison between the last administrations campaign finance violations?
It's corollary, not whataboutism, btw.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

If I am right, if this IS correct, then what about all the congressmen who have utilized the congressional sexual harassment hush fund (ostensibly) for silencing women before their own elections?

Why do they get a pass when The Bad Orange One doesn't?

WTF-Over?

If people have not noticed the #metoo movement seemed to be a backlash to Trump beating a female from becoming the first female President. That movement sent a shock wave through the liberals as they worked to take anyone down. If this is the path for political figures where they are put on notice of anything they have done since their teen years then I see the left eating themselves alive AGAIN.

Be careful what you wish for...you might get it...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Mahogany

Being an Individual-1 accomplice in what Cohen will go to prison for is enough to get at least an equal sentence for Individual-1. And since that individual is not a cooperating witness, that sentence would be much longer than what Cohen will get. So, there is already a felony that he could be impeached for.

So now that we have established that you know absolutely nothing about American law...

Care to show me where Trump specifically told Comey to pay the NDA's with campaign money?

After all, most of the Trump campaign was self-funded, so his own moneys used would not be a campaign violation.

And if it was campaign money, what usually happens with this type of offense?

It is a paper violation that will be solved with a fine.

Much like the 2 million dollar oops that Obama did and paid a fine for.

So now it should be a felony for the orange guy but a fine for the black guy?

Total partisan BS.

Sigh.....

Prosecutors told the judge they have evidence that proves that Trump ordered Cohen to make the payment. They have not released that information to the public yet ( which is completely normal for ongoing investigations). But, the judge and the grand jury has seen the evidence.

But you missed a very very important detail. There isn’t one felony, there are two. The second felony is money laundering. The payments to these two women were intentionally hidden from the public through the use of shell companies and fake bank accounts.

Yep, partisan BS especially considering the guy running the SDNY is a lifelong republican who was interviewed and appointed by Trump himself. Those Democrats are good, they are able to possess Republicans now.....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

That’s funny considering that Republicans lost the popular vote in the midterms by the largest margin in history. It’s going to be tough to get re elected President when many of the districts he won in 2016 went overwhelmingly Democratic in 2018.

Hopefully he doesn't win and the left can come down from their 4 years of freaking out...

The left might be willing to do ANYTHING to take him down, but I'm not, just to keep him in office for 8 years as you all self implode...oh BTW it doesn't matter who is President for me...I do fine...you might not... good luck.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The issue of him paying these women money from his campaign and then laundering the money through a series of shell companies and bank accounts is a criminal investigation by the Southern District of New York.

This doesn't make any sense. Source?

Maybe we should use the comparison between the last administrations campaign finance violations?
It's corollary, not whataboutism, btw.

On October 26, 2016, Cohen emailed an incorporating service to obtain the corporate formation documents for another shell corporation, Essential Consultants, LLC, which he had incorporated a few days prior. That afternoon, he directed that $131,000 from his HELOC – the same HELOC he had obtained by means of false statements, see p. 8-10, supra – be deposited into an account he had just opened in the name of Essential Consultants LLC. The next day, Cohen wired $130,000 from that account to Attorney-1. On the wire form, Cohen falsely indicated that the purpose of the wire was to pay a “retainer.” On November 1, 2016, Cohen received copies of the final, signed confidential settlement agreement and side letter agreement from Attorney-1.

This is the information for the first payment. Feel free to read the sentencing document for the details of the second payment. Just prior to this in the sentencing documents prosecutors state all of this was done with the coordination of Trump but I like the tape better. You know the one where they openly talk about creating a shell company to pay Stormy Daniels.

Cohen Tapes

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Prosecutors told the judge they have evidence that proves that Trump ordered Cohen to make the payment. They have not released that information to the public yet ( which is completely normal for ongoing investigations). But, the judge and the grand jury has seen the evidence.

We all must assume Trump told Cohen to handle it. The question is do you think a person who might be a celebrity, politician, name branding etc should have their legal sexual privacy displayed before the public at anytime?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The issue of him paying these women money from his campaign and then laundering the money through a series of shell companies and bank accounts is a criminal investigation by the Southern District of New York. This investigation is SEPARATE from the Mueller investigation.

Thank you. It was getting close to the end of the last page and I didn't want to be the one to explain this . Again....

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join