It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allleged NRA Russian Agent Changes Plea To Guilty - Admits To Being Actual Russian Agent.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Alleged Russian agent Maria Butina has just changed her plea to 'guilty' on charges of being a Russian agent. So I guess we can drop the 'alleged' from this.

Maria Butina was accused of conspiring to act as an unregistered agent of Russia while attending graduate studies at American University in D.C.

"Instead of just “studying” American politics, Maria Butina dove right in, guiding her gun lobby group “Right to Bear Arms” into the highest circles of the NRA while assisting a Russian government official."

Federal prosecutors wrote in a court filing this September that Butina was beginning to cooperate against her boyfriend, longtime Republican insider Paul Erickson. Since then Erickson has received a target letter from the US Attorney’s office in Washington D.C. stating that he is likely going to be indicted for acting as a foreign agent in a conspiracy with Butina to advance Russia’s interests against America.

Butina’s boyfriend reportedly “contacted people on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign with an offer to set up a back-channel relationship with the Russian government via the National Rifle Association.”

The charges against Butina and potentially Erickson are different than acting as a lobbyist under the Foreign Agent Registration Act (like disgraced National Security Advisor Mike Flynn did), and in charging them with acting as a knowing agent of a foreign power.

I'm not sure how this relates to the NRAs recent money troubles that have been reported. It seems like this case wasn't being handled by Mueller though, because it's not directly linked to the Trump campaign. But it does make one wonder if the NRA has been penetrated by other Russian agents.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Irony

“contacted people on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign with an offer to set up a back-channel relationship with the Russian government via the National Rifle Association.”

This was likely a failed plot to engulf the Presidency into more Russia BS. Just throw them under the us when things aren't panning out.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Any links?

But it does make one wonder if the NRA has been penetrated by other Russian agents.

Spy agents have penetrated our very government, working directly for and in some cases with elected officials.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Watching this administration in free fall makes me wonder who else has bought out our politicians. Besides the usual cast of Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Is it really espionage if you can pay another countries leaders to screw themselves over?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
should I get rid of my gunz now? One of them may have sad nyet to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Watching this administration in free fall makes me wonder who else has bought out our politicians. Besides the usual cast of Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Is it really espionage if you can pay another countries leaders to screw themselves over?

damn, only a few posts in, and already Trump is blamed for this. I bet he's to blame for the France trouble as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

damn, only a few posts in, and already Trump is blamed for this. I bet he's to blame for the France trouble as well.

I didn’t blame Trump for anything, just using his administrations corruption as a metric to measure other corruption with.

It actually works pretty well.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I didn’t blame Trump for anything, just using his administrations corruption as a metric to measure other corruption with.

Remember that Butina had influential meetings with the Federal Reserve vice-chairman in 2013-2015 under Obama's watch. Using your metric, what does that say about the previous administration?

uk.reuters.com...
edit on 10-12-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Remember that Butina had influential meetings with the Federal Reserve vice-chairman in 2013-2015 under Obama's watch. Using your metric, what does that say about the previous administration?

uk.reuters.com...

/thread

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ohhhhh scary Russia again. D’s know all about Russia I think.

Did Hillary Clinton collude with the Russians to get ‘dirt’ on Trump to feed it to the FBI?

The Facts There are many strands to the Russia probe. Let’s focus first on the role of a “dossier” of information on possible Trump-Russia ties compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community. Steele had been tapped by Fusion GPS, a research and intelligence firm under contract to investigate Trump by Perkins Coie, a law firm working for the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The dossier is actually a series of memos, apparently based on conversations with Russian sources, that were written between June and December 2016. A version was published by BuzzFeed shortly before Trump’s inauguration, after FBI Director James B. Comey had briefed Trump on its existence.

Link
edit on 10-12-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I hear trump has a driver that works for the Chinese.

Do you think Russia doesn’t have agents in all kinds of places

That’s why America needs stronger background checks and better boarder security

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

that's because in this context, Obama or anyone else can be blamed.

accountability is like quantum mechanics for this administration... never reached an absolute.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Is it just me, or are spies just not what they used to be? Don’t even seem to drop their Russian names in an attempt to hide their intentions. Then they get caught after just 3-4 years of an op.

Edit - almost forgot, what ever happened to the honorable cyanide exit amongst noteworthy spies?

Falcon and the Snowman anyone?
edit on 10/12/2018 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hillary Lost.

Get over it.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

uk.reuters.com...

Oh, you and your stupid facts!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

uk.reuters.com...

Boom!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So, if Russia had people like this sending out feelers to Trump, the NRA, etc, can we finally just admit that there was no secret deal between them? Because if there was, why would they send this chick to try to set up meetings?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Excellent! There is a gun show coming up locally this weekend. Hope I can find a gun that the Russians will coerce me into buying.

Seriously, I have seen some really dumb crap lately, but what in the world would the Russians have to gain by infiltrating the National Rifle Association?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

The nra is very influential to republican politicians in the united states.

Makes them a perfect target for this kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't think much will turn up over the Butina situation. It's just another instance in a long list of recent subversive Russian-influence efforts. It might be a bit of a smudge on the face of the NRA, but it doesn't seem that she was really able to accomplish all that much in regards to the bigger picture.

Well Trump makes that claim himself!

According to Trump, the French protestors are out there chanting "We want Trump!".

Clearly the protestors are rioting over Trump not being their president, because in Trump's world... EVERYTHING is all about Trump!
edit on 12/11/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join