It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Saudi and Russia veto climate change research

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The US and Russia have thrown climate talks into disarray by allying with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to water down approval of a landmark report on the need to keep global warming below 1.5C.

Link to guardian

How awful are these Mickey Mouse dictatorships?!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

Not surprising. The economies of SA, Kuwait, and Russia are all dependent on oil. Meanwhile the US acts like a b****h to each one of them.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
France is starting to catch on as well.

link   

originally posted by: Dr X
The US and Russia have thrown climate talks into disarray by allying with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to water down approval of a landmark report on the need to keep global warming below 1.5C.

Link to guardian

How awful are these Mickey Mouse dictatorships?!

I am impressed that they weren't hoaxed by the Euroweenies grand plan to soak all of us until we can't afford to eat anymore.

+2 more 
link   
Let us know when China and India get their sh*t together then you can come make a case for taking more of my money.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am very concerned for our environment but am against the current Carbon strategy that they are trying to force on us. It is not just carbon and there is nothing being said about a high tax on air travel. There is nothing being planned to reduce the other polutions in the world, the whole climate change agenda is a major scam.

Fix the problem right, do not just start taxing the fuels while excluding Jet fuel because the elite use jets a lot.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
France is starting to catch on as well.

Right now Macron is wondering "WFT was I thinking when I signed that $%AP!!!"

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good for the U.S.

We need to stop giving legitimacy to this climate change BS. It is a global scam to control and fleece the populace.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yeah of course what else would you think? their economies and the dollar rely heavily on oil

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Not surprising. The economies of SA, Kuwait, and Russia are all dependent on oil. Meanwhile the US acts like a b****h to each one of them.

Saudi's orchestrated and masterminded 9/11 and yet we can't bend over far enough for another good railing......

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Good for the U.S.

We need to stop giving legitimacy to this climate change BS. It is a global scam to control and fleece the populace.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's real. What then? Don't go with the immediate "but it isn't" answer. For real, what if you're wrong, and climate change is a real thing and it's causing terrible damage to the planet and everything living on it?

If it is a hoax, then the main folks being fleeced (in terms of money) are governments and manufacturing corporations, not the general populace. Why would they hoax/fleece themselves?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So many people are still living in the 90s and early 00s. The US is and has been a net oil/gas exporter since 2017, and has the largest refining capacity in the world, while also remaining one of the cleanest countries when relating to emissions at the same time. Increasing taxes for the green movement in developed countries that already meet standards costs far more for the same results as countries that do not meet said "emission" standards.

Specifically there are "under developed" countries that are spewing so much emissions wise that it makes absolutely no sense to strangle relatively clean industries in favor of relatively dirty industries in these under developed countries. The reality of the situation is that by tightening standards in developed countries it just incentivizes further development in countries where those standards do not exist. The result is a net worse global situation environmentally if you buy the whole human caused climate change thing.
edit on 10-12-2018 by dubiousatworst because: grammar

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
The US is and has been a net oil/gas exporter since 2017, and has the largest refining capacity in the world, while also remaining one of the cleanest countries when relating to emissions at the same time.

What absolute bollocks. The US ranks as the second highest in emmissions and has done for over a decade.

www.ucsusa.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm sorry but it is the fossil fuel industries that are doing the controlling and the scamming.
They are the ones who are bribing weak and corrupt politicians, they are the ones spending billions of dollars on misinformation (Koch brothers for example).
They seem to have an army of people who are illiterate in science blindly supporting them and giving stars to stupid comments.
It has been proven by the scientific community that man made climate change is no hoax.
edit on 11-12-2018 by Dr X because: grammar

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
IQ points are plummeting on this planet thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

When a solution other than raising taxes exists, then there might be some more support.

Even blind people see what a scam this is.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It's not really surprising those countries built their economy around "fossile fuels"(?) they have the most to lose if the current trend of blaming that type of energy for climate change continues. "It wasn't me" like Shaggy says.

It's all funny and good. At least for as long as it's still all a matter of interpretation and just a few far away glaciers and data from ice cores.
It will remain funny until it's all desert or swamp and we won't be able to feed ourselves anymore. But will that even happen and if so when, will we still be around?
I believe those climate scientists but I fully understand the denial. It's like the story about the people living beneath the dam. Everybody knows it will break but they claim it won't. It's a psychological trick of the mind because if you worry about the inevitable too much you ain't got the energy to live anymore.
To me those climate change deniers are basically the "people beneath the dam"

edit on 11-12-2018 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That may be the one thing you got right in your ATS lifetime.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Shouldn't the "Climate change cult" install solar panels and drive electric cars ???
bitching while you suck "oil" is no bueno....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

I drive an electric car. And your point is?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join