It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen after Macron gives his speech?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Will the French calm down and go on with their normal lives,

~or will they continue to protest sparking even more similar protests across Europe.

Right now from what I am reading, Europe is a powder keg just waiting for that tiny spark.

It will be interesting to hear what Macron says, and how it is accepted or not accepted. I fear the window is
too far gone at this point.

A little interesting backstory on Macron. Most people know that his wife is 25 years older than him. Similar to the age difference between
Trump and Melania, just in reverse. I don't have any issues with that age gap at their age.

What I found shocking is that it appears his wife was a sexular predator in his youth. She prayed on him when he was 16. and he was her student. Even Macron's parents told her to leave him alone at least until he turned 18. It would not surprise me at all if she/her family is pulling some of these strings.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Remember remember the 10th of December...

I have a feeling the French version will be better than the V for Vendetta Version!!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Right now from what I am reading, Europe is a powder keg just waiting for that tiny spark.

Nope, it's not.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Macron can defuse this if he says the right thing...

things like resignation, etc.

Really though, short of him completely backing down this is just going to continue to escalate. If he goes the other way and tries to hardline people during this speech(as opposed to a neutral response), its just going to kick these protests into overdrive.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

it goes it goes it goes it goes

Y A H

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yellow Vest protesters erect a GUILLOTINE in Paris bearing French President's political party name amid revolt that has forced Macron to address the furious nation Monday evening

I also find it amusing that the French are using the yellow vest that they are forced to have in their cars. It is beautifully ironic!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Is there a live stream ?

I find this stream and here is a streamshot:

You can not make this stuff up, they are suggesting blaming Russian accounts....

Here is a live stream:

edit on 10-12-2018 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

When is the speech? Macron doesn't have a chance, but it will be interesting to see what arguments he tries.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
He already said he would delay the Paris Climate change carbon tax...
but the people of France want more change
next Macron will drop his trousers or resign....

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Russians!!

The answer of political leaders, who are losing, to everything these days...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Unlikely. I think he will focus on France why the reforms are necessary etc. But I've been wrong before.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

nah, he will promise more tax cuts. And he will be very apologetic...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I don't think he will be apologetic. He is really between a rock and a hard spot. If he
apologizes, he will be seen as weak and an incapable leader, if he doesn't apologize and doesn't give
enough concessions he will be seen as out of touch with the people. It seems like a no win situation.

I think the fact that he let it go on for this long was really an error on his part. I think he could have possibly nipped it in the bud if he had acted sooner. Not sure if it was his decision to wait or that is what he was advised but we'll see how it is played out.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
From France : watch next Saturday.

A très bientôt.

From France

Lags

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I think differently. I think he will apologies for his "mistakes" and will promise anything (like further tax cuts) just to stay in power. I guess we'll see...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Yes it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Bon chance! Nous sommes tous avec les gilets jaunes!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

I think differently. I think he will apologies for his "mistakes" and will promise anything (like further tax cuts) just to stay in power. I guess we'll see...

I don't think he can do that. Or he could but that would surely rip the EU apart, a second "Italian household" and the other 25 would go down the same road.
How much can he really promise without new debt?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think the only thing he can do is announcing earlier elections...
All other options will cause problems for either the people or for the (European) elite.

And then they will use the next year for a massive propaganda war and blocking of social media.

Very interesting what is happening.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

he has 3 options to stop the madness going on right now

1 what I said before
2 referendums. (actually ask the people what they think about his policy)
3 step down. That will not happen, he would never give up power

Like I said I am only speculating, but if I was a betting man, knowing the lib left, I would bet on option 1
edit on 10-12-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join