It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's crimes or lack thereof

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Michael Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, recently admitted in a plea deal to violating federal campaign finance laws by arranging payments to Daniels and McDougal on Trump's behalf, according to the plea. Prosecutors on Friday released a sentencing memo calling for Cohen to a “substantial term of imprisonment” for the president’s former fixer. On Monday, Trump took aim at Cohen, saying that if a mistake was made and it was considered a contribution, the “liability” should be with the lawyer. “Cohen just trying to get his sentence reduced,” Trump tweeted. “WITCH HUNT!”

Here is the deal as I see it. [SNIP] He's like that. Then he decided to run for President. (and won) But before his victory, he payed the whores some money to be sure they kept quiet. [SNIP] But, the alleged crime is campaign finance violations.

Maybe it's just that, but it will take a court to decide that, not ATS. In my limited ability to understand things (I'm not a super educated liberal, sorry bout that) it seems that Trump had plenty of money to do whatever he wanted, before, during, and after his campaign. So at what point does his campaign inject into his personal life? Can he do NO BUSINESS while on the campaign trail? No grocery shopping? No foot massage, no day at the range to relive stress? All those options cost money, and if spent during the campaign, could they be considered campaign finance?

Lastly, Cohen offered his guilty plea with the announcement that he did it to change the outcome of the election. I see that as just another lie from Cohen. It was to NOT influence the outcome of the election, which is why it was done to SILENCE them, not to embolden them to speak.

So in conclusion, if a jury finds Trump guilty of campaign finance, or any other crime, he should be punished. And all those who do their best to hide others (see also Democrats) from being held accountable for their crimes, display a sad and pathetic lack of integrity, due to their obvious double standard. (see also, you suck)
edit on 10/12/18 by argentus because: Removed vulgar colloquialisms

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
He is a con man and I don't trust.

Hillary is a con woman and I don't trust her.

Lock them all up. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

However, if Dem's go to impeach, they better have something good.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So principles and morality is a done deal in the "conservative" realm eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This was "normal business" for trump pre campaign, it continued to be "normal business" for trump during the campaign.
There are actual rules and interpretations for this.
Those flailing their arms should look at threads made here on this very subject.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think the obvious double standard and lack of integrity, is what bothers most of us about politics. As an average Joe, I know if I break a serious law, I can expect the government to punish me with fines, penalties and legal cost out the butt. If I were to pay a working girls for favors in my state thats a misdemeanor. about the same as a traffic offense. Yet the Democrats are trying to crucify the guy, for in my opinion, nothing. Yet the same group of Democrats turn a blind eye to Hillary and Bill's major crimes like scamming Haiti out of billions or selling state secrets. I am sick to death of the double standards.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I do not see anything in the information on the incident lately that states Trump instructed Cohen to use campaign funds to pay them off. The fabricated Democratic interpretation may say that, but actually Cohen is the one who lied to the FBI. he is the only one that actually commited a crime. A lawyer does not take orders from his client if the client wants him to lie to the government, he should have just not said anything instead of lying or steered the questioning away like most lawyers do.

I cannot see Trump being guilty of making his lawyer say lies, A lawyer is supposed to be fluent in law and if they lie under oath directly it is all on them. He could have quit. Trump did not force him to lie, he did not hold a gun to his head nor did he try to blackmail him. Trump is an alpha male, sure he tried to convince Cohen not to say anything that could be incriminating, but this is all on Cohen.

If people do not like our legal system then change the legal system, you cannot do it after the fact then go back and charge someone. It is not like hiring a hit man, this is about a legal matter and often the elite and congressmen get pushy with things, it is only if they break the law as written that they can be charged with anything other than ethics violations. Maybe Trump can be charged with Ethics but then they would also have to charge half of the congressmen and Hillary too.

There are presently no charges aimed at Trump. He may be an overpowering jerk like many businessmen and congressmen, but he has not been charged with a crime yet and if they do I think this is going to lead to multiple criminal investigations of congressmen on both sides of the table, especially the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Trumps sins. Dershowitz called it awhile ago.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

They’d have to prove it was campaign funds. It wasn’t. And we should consider that Obama payed Reverend Jeremiah Wright to keep quiet, had a massive campaign violation, with zero noise made by the usual suspects.

It’s all a sham. Millions and millions spent and wasted to discover that Trump’s lawyer made a campaign violation.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The only issue I have with any of this is that this investigation stemmed from FISA warrants from a dossier created and purchased by the Hillary campaign.

It's fruit from a poisoned tree.

Trump should just walk away from this, but the rule of law no longer exists as evidenced by the continued investigation even after the revelation that the dossier was proven false.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As I recall he used his own money to campaign so ????

This is probably why they don't like it. It was his money not donated money!!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If I were to pay a working girls for favors in my state thats a misdemeanor.

If he had paid them in 2006 when the alleged encounters took place then it would be comparable to solicitation, the payments took place in 2016 and are potential campaign finance violations.

With that being said there have been plenty of campaign finance violations that do not end in indictment and prosecution so I am waiting to see what else this investigation turns up.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

They’d have to prove it was campaign funds. It wasn’t. And we should consider that Obama payed Reverend Jeremiah Wright to keep quiet, had a massive campaign violation, with zero noise made by the usual suspects.

It’s all a sham. Millions and millions spent and wasted to discover that Trump’s lawyer made a campaign violation.

Mueller may just be trying to show something for all the money that was spent on this investigation, something that would not actually effect the president much. But the Left and media is taking the results out of context again. I need one of those shaking head Icons here. :shk:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Hey brah, yer misogyny is showing...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

That is a great point..........
Is that really all you have?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Gotta get that word whore in as many times as possible right?
Disgusting attitude towards women. [SNIP]
edit on 10/12/18 by argentus because: removed vulgar colloquialisms

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Gotta get that word whore in as many times as possible right?
Disgusting attitude towards women. Why isnt trump the whore? His dick has been everywhere.

I didn't say he wasn't. But the women in question, porked Trump, got payed to keep quiet, and likely got payed just after they buttoned up their pants. I don't know where you come from, but the place I gained my education from classifies a woman who accepts payment for sex is a whore. If you prefer I use nicer words, I can, but it won't change the outcome at all.

And speaking of double standards, a man who screws many women is a stud, and a women who screws many men is a whore. I don't make the rules, I just try to follow them.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

I love and respect women. Even "ladies of the night" (since whore is such a mean term). They provide a service for which they get payed, although their payment is usually accompanied by the silent contract of implied .....silence.

But however you view my "misogyny", I'm pretty sure it changes nothing of Trump, or his crimes. So for you, that would be a swing and a miss.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I would be very wary of pushing Trump's NDA's....

I believe he has the power to order the congressional slush fund for paying off claims against politicians to be made public.

Some people would be devastated if the names of the person paid,nature of the claim, amount paid, and name of politician whose name it was paid in were to be made public.
edit on R112018-12-10T10:11:34-06:00k1112Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R122018-12-10T10:12:19-06:00k1212Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Trump didn’t colluded with the Russians to win the election, instead we are colluding with them plus the Chinese for a very long time, so let’s accuse him and everyone related to him of several different crimes that have nothing to do with his politics and see if the dumb people that vote for us will believe our narrative.

Said the corrupt Democrats who were running your intel agencies back in 2016.

You people are unbelievable.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join