It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will House Democrats Use as President Trumps Impeachable Offense?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
December 9, 2018

There is a lot of chatter from Democrats this weekend about filing articles of Impeachment against President Trump when they take control of the U.S. House of Congress next month.

When House Republicans filed articles of impeachment against Assistant Attorney General Rod Rosenstein this past July, they had solid reasons for doing so.

The articles, filed late Wednesday by Reps. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) — two top allies of President Donald Trump — blast Rosenstein for what they allege was a failure to respond to congressional document demands.
Source: www.politico.com...

Rosenstein was not providing all the documents requested by Congressional investigative committees, even though Congress has oversight authority of the Department of Justice.

A majority of the committees filing the impeachment articles approved them, and forwarded them to the full House for a vote. House speaker Paul Ryan said there were not enough "Yes" vote to approve Rosenstein's impeachment, before forwarding them to the U.S. Senate for a vote, so he cancelled the effort.

Democratsare saying they will make Impeaching President Trump their top priority next month.

This morning, Congressman Adam Schiff even went so far as to say President Trump has a good possibility of "seeing jail time", due to the laws he has broken.
Source: thehill.com...

Congressman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) said earlier today (on CNN) that he's looking at changing "Statute of Limitation" laws, in order to cast a wider net for investigating Donald Trump's past potential criminal activities...like Business Deals, IRS filings, Beauty Pageant Shenanigans, etc..

WHEN House Democrats start filing Articles of Impeachment against our duly elected President, they have to state WHY they want him impeached. The legal reason can't be, "Orange Man Bad!"

What crime will they use? The Special Counsel has been looking for a crime for almost 18 months now...casting a very wide net. Yet his Witch-Hunt still has not uncovered any offenses that would rise to the level of Impeaching the President of the United States.

What do you think ATS? Even if House Democrats find, or invent, a crime committed by private citizen or President Trump, it has to be serious enough for the Republican-led Senate to approve.

-CareWeMust

edit on 12/9/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Can't wait.

Fingers crossed!

Impeach 45 NOW!!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

They Will Declare Any President who Admits Publicly to being a Nationalist is a Crime Punishable by Impeachment . Yeah , they Really Can Make this #e Up .........

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
He needs to be impeached because Swills CANT WAIT.

What other possible reason could anyone need?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Baaa....Baaaa.... Pathetic ....

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
For being a successful white male?

Unforgivable offense.

link   

What crime will they use?

OMB.

What do you think ATS? Even if House Democrats find, or invent, a crime committed by private citizen or President Trump, it has to be serious enough for the Republican-led Senate to approve.

Whether it's t's by strategy or design, the end result does not matter. It's about the optics, the notion and the media.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Can't wait.
Fingers crossed!
Impeach 45 NOW!!

It will be a piec-of-cake...like a walk in the park. Right Swills?

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We live in a Banana Republic where the rules of law no longer matter.

They'll make up something. It doesn't even have to be factual.

It won't be factual.

Civil war. I've been saying it for almost 2 years. We're in an ideological civil war.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm ready to fight a civil war, but I don't think President Trump will let us deteriorate to that point. He has tons of dirt on Democrats and Republicans.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I think the Dems will take the insufferable child approach:

1.) throw all sorts of nonsensical charges at Trump with no basis whatsoever.

2.) Republican led senate doesn't approve charges.

3.) MSM, Congress, and Dem senators all start throwing hissy fits calling Rep. senators obstructionists.

4.) Rinse and repeat for 2 more years ( at least. )

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

But remember, the 53 to 47 Republican-led U.S. Senate must ratify (approve) the impeachment, or it goes nowhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If they managed to get him impeached over collective butthurt (they won't) the New potus would be....
I shudder to think.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JinMI

I'm ready to fight a civil war, but I don't think President Trump will let us deteriorate to that point. He has tons of dirt on Democrats and Republicans.

*Hold me back*

...yea.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Can't wait.

Fingers crossed!

Impeach 45 NOW!!

So no answer whatsoever?

What a surprise. Please, impeach him on what offense? You do understand the question, right?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They Will Declare Any President who Admits Publicly to being a Nationalist is a Crime Punishable by Impeachment . Yeah , they Really Can Make this #e Up .........

Oh that's already being cooked up:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
For being a successful white male?
Unforgivable offense.

There are more than a hundred of them in Congress. They'd better lead by example!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But remember, the 53 to 47 Republican-led U.S. Senate must ratify (approve) the impeachment, or it goes nowhere.

Senate republicans WILL vote for impeachment, in my opinion.

They are no better than the democrats.

Trump had the House and Senate but got no wall and Obamacare still exists (just without the mandate).

I think the republicans will side with the democrats (to avoid the looming civil war) and just eliminate Trump.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Predicting what will be used for impeachment is pretty useless until we see a final draft of the Mueller report. I assume (and hope) the Democrats who are ready to do it now are just trying to score some political points and making it look like they're active because until the investigations are done they are wasting their time. So much of it comes down to what is contained in the final results.

If there is massive damning evidence in the final reports it will still be a huge struggle to get any kind of impeachment through, it would have to be something so bad that the Republicans would have no choice but to flip on him, other wise it wont happen. The things we have talked about in the Cohen Memo with Campaign Finance violations and timeline issues with Russia wont be enough to flip anyone yet. Especially because what we have waiting would be President Pence and I dont think either side wants that.
edit on 9-12-2018 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That was the Whole Point of the Mid Term Elections . Let the Dems STEAL the House , but get a Bigger Majority in the Senate to Insure their Crazy Rhetoric doesn't go Beyond the House . Impeachment is just a Propaganda Talking Point for those Deluded Idiots .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join