It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does FaceBook Hate The Sweet Baby Jesus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So I'm sitting with wifey, spending some quality time together on our laptops while we ignore each other.
Hearing mumbling from the other side of the room, I look up from ATS to see her scowling at her screen.

My first concern was:
"What did I do wrong...and how did she find out about it?"

The mumbling soon turns angry...so, naturally, my next response was:
"Did you lose weight?".

Turns out she was on FB...and was upset over something our neighbor/her FB friend had written.

Relieved to be in the clear, I muttered something ambiguous and went back to paying about 20% attention to anything else she said to me.

Still, I heard this:
"I can't believe this!...Linda [our neighbor] put up a photo of her nativity scene on FaceBook…"

Me: "Really?...That's awesome."

Her: "No it isn't!...Linda's friend, Penny, liked it!".

Me: "Really?...That's awesome."

Her: "That's not what I'm talking about!...[somethingsomething]…
...and then, [maybe something]...after Penny wrote a nice comment about Linda's nativity photo...[somethingsomethingsometing]...FaceBook then contacted Penny and asked her if she wants Linda's nativity photo to be marked as SPAM...[somethingsomething…something maybe about shoes or ham salad]"

Me: "Good talk, honey...Do we have any ham salad?".

After our good talk (and no ham salad), I did a little research on the Internet...and according to people on the Internet who's job it is to tell other people on the Internet what on the Internet is TRUE or FALSE,...FB DOES NOT unilaterally censor or ban nativity scenes, should someone post one.

However,...my wife is never wrong and, by extension, her female FB friends...so IT DOES appear that if someone posts a nativity scene photo on FB...and one of their friends comment on it...
FB apparently goes out of it's way to ask that person if they would like that photo (and, I assume, any future nativity scenes) listed as SPAM...as if there is something potentially offensive about it.

Now, I could care less about the FB...and don't ever intend to be a part of all the fun being had there by my wife and her friends.
BUT, if true, it seems somewhat bigotted that FB would feel the need to do this.
So...is wifey and her FB friends wrong about this?

If so...I'll be sure to definitely not tell her.

edit on 9-12-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

d baby Jesus that was censored by Facebook. Jennifer Beahm Crawford / Facebook
Doug Mainwaring Doug Mainwaring Follow Doug

NEWSFREEDOMThu Dec 6, 2018 - 1:20 pm EST

Facebook unblocks image of Santa kneeling before Baby Jesus after LifeSite report goes viral Censorship, Christmas, Facebook, Facebook Censoring, Facebook Censorship, Santa Claus

December 6, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Facebook is no longer censoring an image of Santa Claus kneeling before the Baby Jesus that it had deemed “violent or graphic content” after a report on LifeSiteNews about the matter went viral yesterday.

Facebook had obscured the picture, explaining that the “photo was automatically covered so you can decide if you want to see it.”

Users then had to click on a button to uncover the photo. Facebook users are now able to freely share the image without any additional step required to view the image.

www.lifesitenews.com...

How does FB decide what photos are considered to have "violent or graphic content"?

If every person who dislikes it marks it as "SPAM" or "abuse" because they don't want to see it on their FB pages, does it automatically get censored after so many reports? I've always wondered what the magic number is that triggers some of this stuff.

edit on 9-12-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

When Jesus was born, they didn't have ham salad because all they had were Jewish deli's back then.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
For some strange reason I saw "Sweet Baby Rays" Gee. I must be getting hungry.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am concerned about FB's Tactics, I'd be even more concerned if your wife know's your username here.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Back when I did have an account, we did the annual stroll through the neighborhood with the kids to see the lights and stuff.

First thing we came across when we rounded the corner was the nativity scene they could see from the next star system. "Lit up like a Christmas tree" was a gross understatement.

So I took a picture of it and put it on FB later on for everyone to have a giggle over the ridiculousness of the extreme lighting.

They didn't give me any notification for it, but mind you, this was probably a good 7 or 8 years ago now.

However, if there's an option now to flag turbo-posters' crap as SPAM, WTF took them so long? Man, I totally could have used that way back when, some camera-happy foodie friends' meal pictures would have been flagged so fast Superman would have had a hard time keeping up.
edit on 12/9/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No ham salad?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

No ham salad?

No, Dammit.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If I can be serious for a moment. . .

This, in your OP was disgusting and reprehensible. It disturbed me down to my very core.

No ham salad?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Love the communication between you and the wife lol

Thread of the day right here

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Kick me in the balls!

...no GD ham salad

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I felt like I was sitting next to you while this whole scene unfolded.

Great storyteller you are!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I see you've got selective hearing, too.

I haven't seen anything like that on my feed. There are tons of christian posts to hide. TONS.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I haven't used Facebook since 2008 when I joined to look around - I instantly didn't like what it could develop into, wrote something rude about Zuckerberg (I think I asked him to post a pic of his wedding tackle so it could be scored it out of 10 in honour of the crass "Facemash" college beginnings) and haven't been back since.

As for Twitter... not a cat in hell's chance!

Liberating, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This always makes me wonder how Christians and Christian haters ever managed before the Internet...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I find the relentless amazon adverts offensive. can someone ban them?

please.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Don't be silly! Of course they had ham in biblical times. I hope you know according to the lost gospels, Saint Freddie the patron saint of pigs (who was a pig farmer when Jesus did his bit) at the feeding of the ten thousand Jesus fed them with fish, bread AND Ham. Also at that time there was a country called Ham.
It was only the collection of god botherers, when they made the bible they chose not to include the book of Freddie.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Oh, I forgot, Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Back when I did have an account, we did the annual stroll through the neighborhood with the kids to see the lights and stuff.

Ahh, the good ol' days, I remember them well, what a joy.

You may not remember seeing me, but I sure remember seeing all of you.

top topics

join