It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Copa Libertadores final - River Plate, Boca Juniors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is going to be great. Hopefully they don't kill each other. They had to move the final out of Argentina to a neutral territory after a Boca Juniors bus was stoned by the other team fans. In Argentina, "Futbol" (Soccer) is like a religion. Expect a modern version of a gladiators fight.

MADRID (AP) — Fans and players from fierce Argentine rivals River Plate and Boca Juniors are getting ready for the Copa Libertadores final later Sunday after the biggest game in South American club soccer was relocated to the neutral setting of Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
The scheduled kickoff is at 8:30 p.m. local time (1930 GMT).

The hotly awaited match — the equivalent of Europe’s Champions League — was postponed and transferred from Buenos Aires to the Spanish capital after River fans attacked Boca’s team bus on Nov. 24 ahead of the second leg.

www.foxsports.com...
edit on 9-12-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I abhor stereotypes but this sort of thing epitomizes the 'hot-blooded Latino'.

having said that, I know of some high school football and basketball games in the US that must be played in a neutral arena.
I heard a story of one rivalry so heated that the schools agreed not to play for three years to cool everyone down.

(hot-blooded gringos?)

join