It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling Detainees Were French Children : New Yellow Vests Symbolism

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What's your obsession with me weeping ? You seem to have deluded yourself into thinking that I'm triggered or you're daring me to say I dont care . Either way , moot point . Attacking perceived intent is fruitless , you just add a cherry to my tree

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip
Because you are whining that a few suspected rioters had to kneel on the floor while awaiting transportation to the police station to be interviewed.
I perceive you to be crying like a snowflake if you think genuinely that it was 'unusual and cruel' treatment as you put it...I actually laughed my arse off when I read that lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm scratching my new false beard .

Cruel and unusual punishment includes torture, deliberately degrading punishment, or punishment that is too severe for the crime committed. This concept helps guarantee due process even to convicted criminals.

I think I'd call it deliberately degrading first of all . When it's for too long and your knees start and there's armed men in masks then it is a bit like torture , nes pas ?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous, and you are the only person in this thread who thinks it was police brutality.
Funny as # thread though, nice one for posting it and arguing your lame points because you have definitely amused me on an otherwise boring Sunday evening.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Or are those kids too snowflaky to call it torture ?

the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or in order to force them to do or say something. "the torture of political prisoners" synonyms: infliction of pain, abuse, torment; More

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Lagomorphe
Any trouble in your city/town/village?
Stay safe man, I've read some awful stories, seems like France is going revolutionary again.

Yesterday in the local city of Tours there was a peaceful march until around 17:00 when the ultras and local thugs turned up and smashed a few shop windows.

Last Saturday the wife and I were in Paris... was a great march too until the ultras started rioting.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Or are those kids too snowflaky to call it torture ?

the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or in order to force them to do or say something. "the torture of political prisoners" synonyms: infliction of pain, abuse, torment; More

Since when did kneeling on the ground become torture?
You seem unhinged, are you drunk again?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I've put links , why can't you ?

Because what we're seeing is a swarm of yellow vested and annoyed French people . You surely can't beleive that they are handing out excuses now as well as throwing back gas cannisters?

I will gladly send you tons of links tomorrow morning when I’m back on my computer.

On the phone at the moment and about to stop to have some quality time wiz ze wife and family.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

When they were forced to remain there.
Useless ad hominems , try something else

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Crazy when folk start smashing stuff up, it hurts the normal people then. Smashing government buildings up I can get but private businesses where people work I don't get.
Again, stay safe man, seems like a powder keg there from what I see on the news.
...also crazy is that the French riot in winter, Brits only riot when it is warm and sunny.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well hopefully it wont be another bunch of hearsay , bon soir meester raabbit

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They were under arrest FFS, that usually means you are forced to remain somewhere until you get taken to the police station to be interviewed lol
Do you not understand what being under arrest means? Ever been arrested? It is the moment you lose your liberty, and as there were so many suspected rioters they wouldn't have had enough handcuffs so kneeling down with hands on heads seems a sensible option for the French cops.
Police brutality lmfao, give me a break.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

you've given up on cruel and unusual then ? That counts if under arrest as well as in the 'helps to ensure due process' part of the definition,
of cruel and unusual punishment . It's arbitrary punishment before any conviction too . What if some them were not guilty , what then ?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh gosh, you really are unhinged aren't you.
You called it 'cruel and unusual punishment' not me. All I saw is a load of arrested suspected rioters being told to kneel down while waiting for the vans to arrive taking them to police stations to be interviewed.
You see police brutality, absolutely pathetic, you must be the most snowflakey member on ATS because nobody agrees with you lol, not one person in the whole thread.
So, have you ever been arrested? Do you know what the term 'under arrest' actually means?
If they were kneeling on broken glass or something I'd agree with you but they weren't, and you are crying over nothing.

EDIT
The 'not guilty' ones will be processed the same at the police station, so #ing what they had to kneel on the floor for half an hour or so, hardly waterboarding torture is it, you are a drama queen snowflake.
edit on 9-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

and you are crying over nothing.

There's a few ladies have heard you say that I don't doubt it . That's why doors get shut on you for good , why you're stuck here still being the big man who can take it when others can't , looking down on them all as weak . What you hate is the fact its children and the crying over nothing will get only resentment shut doors and mistrust going forward . That makes you the weak one , but don't get yourself all beaten up about it . If you take time to listen it'll do you good

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

and you are crying over nothing.

There's a few ladies have heard you say that I don't doubt it . That's why doors get shut on you for good , why you're stuck here still being the big man who can take it when others can't , looking down on them all as weak . What you hate is the fact its children and the crying over nothing will get only resentment shut doors and mistrust going forward . That makes you the weak one , but don't get yourself all beaten up about it . If you take time to listen it'll do you good
What the deuce???!!!
You are talking crazy stuff now lol, and again you bring up my relationship with females, it's silly, I have many loved female friends.
I'm convinced you are drunk now

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Crying over nothing - that's something I'd never say to anyone . If someone's angry I hear their words not their shouting .
But you're clearly a reactionary who regularly over-rules other points of view when it suits you . Even if they think it matters , and it makes you a sometimes repulsive yob imo
You try and get your mates for a mob mentality , but it doesn;t always work does it .

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You are crying over nothing though.
So a load of suspected rioters had to kneel for a while until the vans arrived to take them for interview at police stations, so what?
If I had been near the riots I would have walked away from it and wouldn't have been arrested, probably most of them are guilty as #, little #bags setting fire to private cars, yet still you weep for them because they had to kneel on the floor for a while, lmfao!

You are a true snowflake, and funny as #. I've enjoyed our exchanges in this thread, true comedy gold.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Sounds about right.

Isn't this what all that leftist trash does?

They love to use the power of their precious (the state: their god, their idol, their hero) to oppress and persecute those who stand against it. Looks like the people of France are overdue for abolishing their incompetent government (by whatever means necessary) and installing an appropriate/intelligent/factually correct RW government.

IE: They should kick the fake leftist virtue-signalling-but-never-real-action lighweights to the curb and install some real people to run that country.

You can do it Yellow Vests! Your people killed plenty of dirty Nazis and other subversives during WW2 when, once again, leftist authoritarianism dictatorships threatened their way of living. The US should pledge full support (like we did in dirty leftist Venezuela) to any RW government that comes to power (military or otherwise)

The American left won't even mind. They supported it in Ukraine and elsewhere, so they will also support it in France. And if they don't? We ignore them and do it anyhow.
edit on 12/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You got an ironic star from me for being the first person in 8 pages to agree with the OP that kneeling while waiting for vans to get them to the police stations is police brutality! Lmfao, OMG the poor snowflakes were arrested for being in a riot situation burning cars etc then the had to kneel down for a while.
You must be a snowflake as well if you think that is police brutality lol.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join