It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA names first woman to be Directorate of Operations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Earlier this year, to little fan fare, Gina Haspel was named the CIA director after her boss left to be SecState for President Trump. The first female head of the CIA and nothing.

Now, Beth Kimber has been named the head of clandestine services.

Link

“With nearly 34 years of experience and a proven ability to deliver with impact on CIA’s operational mission, Beth Kimber will be an exceptional leader of our Directorate of Operations,” Brittany Bramell, CIA’s director of public affairs, said. Little is known publicly about Ms. Kimber’s CIA career, most of which she spent in the operations branch and which included stints dealing with Russia and terrorism, a person familiar with the matter said.

Her LinkedIn page, which describes her merely as a “senior executive” in the U.S. government, says she received a bachelor’s degree from Hamilton College in New York and speaks French. Daniel Hoffman, a former senior CIA officer who worked with Ms. Kimber, said “she has a very high intellect—not just when it comes to the operational tradecraft on which our work is based, but also on understanding the world.”

Mr. Hoffman, who served as a CIA station chief and whose overseas duty included considerable time in Russia, said he didn’t expect the operations branch to have difficulty accepting a female leader. “I think pretty much those days are gone,” he said. Ms. Kimber’s appointment comes as more women have filled senior leadership ranks across national-security agencies during the Trump administration.

Woman are being appointed to top positions in the Trump government but where is the recognition for them? It is not about what the president is doing but who he is appointing. If this was ANY other administration it would be plastered in the news how well the president is helping women and I am sure The View would have someone on to talk about it.

Let's celebrate diversity with the GOP.

Don't forget...

Sue Gordon serves as the principal deputy director of National Intelligence

or this one....

Tonya Ugoretz, a senior intelligence official, is expected to be named in the coming weeks as the deputy assistant director of the FBI’s cyber division, according to people familiar with the matter. Ms. Ugoretz had been serving as the director of the Cyber Threat Intelligence Integration Center, where she worked on issues including tracking Russian efforts to disrupt U.S. elections. Her move to a senior leadership role follows the appointment this summer of Amy Hess as the FBI’s executive assistant director of the criminal, cyber, response and services branch. Ms. Hess, a career FBI employee, is the highest-ranking woman at the bureau and was tapped for her current role after several senior officials retired this summer.

edit on Decpm31pmf0000002018-12-08T20:56:43-06:000843 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That can't be right.

Trump oppresses women, he wouldn't let any woman be in any kind of position of authority or responsibility.
Must be fake news.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't care what color/ sex this person is, can they do the job?

fine who cares

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I don't care what color/ sex this person is, can they do the job?

fine who cares

Odd that that is the criteria for Republicans, but if a Democratic minority or woman is put in place, it is suddenly proof of their enlightenment.

To the OP, of course it won't be reported.

With an over 90% negative news coverage mandate, how would you fit that in?

edit on 8-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I care even less if they are a D or R, they both translate to = corrupt politicians working for corporate lobbyist and bankers to me

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I care even less if they are a D or R, they both translate to = corrupt politicians working for corporate lobbyist and bankers to me

I know... again, you are superior to the system you are in because you like to pretend you are not in it.

Good luck with that... honestly.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm not a worthless partisan hack, the system is obviously corrupt. your lack of knowledge of that corruption in the Republican party is ignorance

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
For all those who think a woman's place is in the kitchen, remember that's where the knives are kept.

Zardoz has spoken.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I'm not a worthless partisan hack, the system is obviously corrupt. your lack of knowledge of that corruption in the Republican party is ignorance

I felt like you once.

I was a teen.

My knowledge of the political system and other things you may attain in about 30 years.

Until then, I honestly wish you luck.

Some people never end up growing up.... a lot of them espouse the same values you do.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Oh please. Yes the good great Republican's have your back. You are a totally clueless individual. Try pulling your head out of Tucker Carlson's ass.

Listen guys!! The Republican's aren't corrupt! None of them! They have your back!!

Not.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Oh please. Yes the good great Republican's have your back. You are a totally clueless individual. Try pulling your head out of Tucker Carlson's ass.

Listen guys!! The Republican's aren't corrupt! None of them! They have your back!!

Not.

I'm not a Republican sweety and I've never watched Tucker Carlson.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.

I will leave you with that... if I want to parent I have my own children.

Good night... sleep well!

And while you are dozing off, go over your posting history in your head and try to figure out why if both sides are equally corrupt, why do you only have hatred for one party?

There.. I parented... ~pukded~.
edit on 8-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Oh right, childish. I guess it really rubbed you the wrong way when I had to explain to you how the price of gold actually works didn't it?

So rather than providing a data driven analysis of a market related topic (as I always do when it comes to the market) and contributing to the value of the forums you've turned to ad hom attacks and partisan bickering.

Hah.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You all can't even see that these sad posts are the equivalent of "But I've got this black friend at work".
When you have to parade these anecdotal instances around there is something the matter. Herman Cain anyone? I remember that parade too.

Let's celebrate diversity in the GOP when it actually exists.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
You all can't even see that these sad posts are the equivalent of "But I've got this black friend at work".
When you have to parade these anecdotal instances around there is something the matter. Herman Cain anyone? I remember that parade too.

Let's celebrate diversity in the GOP when it actually exists.

I agree. Both sides of this equation rely to heavily on identity politics and distractions. They don't want us aligning on the real issues like lobbyist, fund raising, corporate subsidies and other issues related to corruption.

It's pretty ridiculous.
edit on 8-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
If this was ANY other administration it would be plastered in the news how well the president is helping women

Thats the point. The deep seeded hate the left breeds for Trump won’t allow them to recognize this accomplishment.

Trump helped women early on in his term too, for which I made a thread, but it’s a lost cause with the hypocritical, depressed left.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Who cares? I mean seriously.

I'll take a cue from the ATS book and say "it shouldn't matter what gender they are, all that matters is that they are qualified".

That's a good piece of advice actually, you'd think people would actually stick to it instead of flip flopping the moment they have a chance to use it as "proof" of something.

This thread is the equivalent of a liberal bragging about meeting a diversity quota. It's a pretty dumb thing to brag about.
edit on 12/8/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

totally agree, it's the right wing version of SJW politics

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

lol. Great OP. You actually got never Trumpers to say it doesn't matter if it is a man or a woman leading, and yet others are still screaming that diversity doesn't exist when this OP proves them wrong. The rift is getting bigger.

Maga people. It is working.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You must be under the impression that I and others automatically think a certain way on ALL issues if we don't like Trump. Lol, what a naive view.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I'm surprised it's not Cheney's daughter.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join