It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relationships are a Serious Business.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: highvein

And that’s why I chose to stay single! Don’t have to deal with any of that stuff.

Oh, come on now. Get serious

I am very serious. I will never date and remain single. I enjoy it very much in fact. I guess my mind may very well change but I don’t see that happening anytime soon though.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I was engaged at one time.

Then she tried to kill me. She was charged with attempted murder and also assault on a police officer lol. After that I decided to just stay single.

TBH the fear of such a thing happening again or even dealing with someone crazy has kept me from thinking of trying again.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Dude.. they are ALL crazy in their own different way.

You just gotta find one whose crazy matches yours.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Then she tried to kill me. She was charged with attempted murder and also assault on a police officer lol. After that I decided to just stay single.

TBH the fear of such a thing happening again or even dealing with someone crazy has kept me from thinking of trying again.

That is understandable. I don't think my wife has ever tried to kill me. I may need to pay more attention though.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Dude.. they are ALL crazy in their own different way.

You just gotta find one whose crazy matches yours.

Here’s the thing though. I don’t believe I’m crazy. I am just your average dude, I like to watch sports and play video games at times and grill. I also enjoy working on my house and many outdoor activities. I never get angry and just chill. Which ironically is what triggered the attempted murder.

Maybe I just need to find the right lady. The only lady I ever loved moved to Spain to teach. I still talk to her but not in the way that we used to. But she is doing what she loves and that makes me happy. Couldn’t ask for anything more.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

That is understandable. I don't think my wife has ever tried to kill me. I may need to pay more attention though.

I think your in the clear lol. I was only engaged, not married. I did kinda mess up with getting engaged to this girl to help overcome my lost love for another lady. Which was unfair to her.

But still I don’t believe I deserved that is a reason to try to kill me LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'm self employed so those issues don't affect me...I trade with anyone but refuse to trade with people who don't tick my boxes.

Self employment is itself a serious business. Do you trade on the stocking, I mean stock, exchange?

Haha I'm in the penny shares stock market! Cheap as!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

LOL

If you had slept with the boss at the correct time/s you would have risen to CEO - but she would still hold the controlling share/vote/stake.

The female has been known to show generosity - but it is in their biological imperative that they have the control.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I think your in the clear lol. I was only engaged, not married. I did kinda mess up with getting engaged to this girl to help overcome my lost love for another lady. Which was unfair to her.

But still I don’t believe I deserved that is a reason to try to kill me LOL

You got engaged to a girl to help yourself overcome your love for another lady. Well, I can see how that would cause serious complications in a relationship. Feelings got hurt. I think you made the right decision not to get married to this lady. If someone puts more stock in their feelings than rational thought, because although that can love greater, they can also hate greater, which can lead to disastrous results.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

LOL

If you had slept with the boss at the correct time/s you would have risen to CEO - but she would still hold the controlling share/vote/stake.

The female has been known to show generosity - but it is in their biological imperative that they have the control.

I have learned that there are times when they don't want to be in control. And then there are times when they lose control.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

She tried to KILL you?! That would probably scare me away from relationships too.....

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jess_Undefined
I love crazy chicks, it will be the death of me lol.
One time, a local gangster chick lured me in with a kiss in a nightclub then held a knife to my throat telling me if I didn't shag her then she'd tell her gangster brother leader that I was a grass to cops.
I crapped myself and knew what I had to do...the sex was amazing though so I'm not complaining.
Crazy cats are out there and I attract them, well, to be honest, I'm attracted to them.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Looking back, the "craziest" thing I have done was sit on the hood of the car so he could not leave. To be fair, in my defense, he was already gone for a week and when he came to the house he took my medication and tried leaving with it. So I really had no choice. I would have been really sick without my medication.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I also feel like you can't really call someone crazy if they are acting out for a reason. Now if someone is slashing tires and busting windows out of nowhere because you want to spend the day with your sister, thats one thing. But when someone discovers an affair and starts throwing objects around the house and gets angry, that isnt crazy, that is reacting to a terrible situation. So to me crazy is unprovoked crazy.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Are you actually at Easter Island in that photo?!?!!? Its my a dream of mine to visit that island. That is cool as hell if so.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That ain't crazy, that's self preservation #, you must have known or believed he wasn't crazy enough to drive you off the hood or you wouldn't have done it. You made a life call, that ain't crazy, more brave than anything.

...I've had my nose bitten by a girl years ago in an argument in the street. She grabbed the back of my head with her hands then bit, still got the scars lol, I froze not wanting to lose the end of my nose, she let go with blood on her lips and chin.
Anyway, two cops saw it because we were drunk in bar/clubland at the time, they tried to arrest her but I said I had a fetish for being bitten and I'd say the same in court, so they let her and me go on our blooded and emotional way.
The make up when we got home was amazing haha!
It was a totally destructive relationship but we connected in a way I've never connected with anyone else, pure passion, and every time I look at the scars on my nose I smile.

EDIT
She's the only ex girlfriend I can never be just friends with, the look in our eyes, pure angry lust, we just can't see each other at all...especially not in a nightclub or party somewhere, we avoid each other because we have to lol
edit on 10-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Oh it was. This was after 5 months of him dating his affair partner and being absolutely mean to me in every way. We still lived together. I would let him go off on his dates and leave for a week at a time, but if I was an hour later coming home, he would blow up and try locking the door soon as I grabbed the door handle. But yeah he didn't even get inside the car and try. That was a pretty bad night. But of course I was called crazy by him and all of his family. Even though I had the kids the entire summer while he went on mall dates with his teenage girlfriend. Which was pretty kind of me I would say. The worst part was I had no idea he was telling his family that he was telling me move out and I refused. I offered to move out plenty of times and he would tell me to get home immediately lol. I had all the texts and his sister told me it was "all in my head." Ill never forget that summer.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Oh it was. This was after 5 months of him dating his affair partner and being absolutely mean to me in every way. We still lived together. I would let him go off on his dates and leave for a week at a time, but if I was an hour later coming home, he would blow up and try locking the door soon as I grabbed the door handle. But yeah he didn't even get inside the car and try. That was a pretty bad night. But of course I was called crazy by him and all of his family. Even though I had the kids the entire summer while he went on mall dates with his teenage girlfriend. Which was pretty kind of me I would say. The worst part was I had no idea he was telling his family that he was telling me move out and I refused. I offered to move out plenty of times and he would tell me to get home immediately lol. I had all the texts and his sister told me it was "all in my head." Ill never forget that summer.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Oh I completely understand that. I was always able to be friends with mine as well, but if we ever separated again and it was permanent, I could not remain friends with him.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh my gosh that is a crazy relationship story.
I've never really broken up with anyone when someone has done something bad, only because it hasn't worked.
All but one ex of mine (see my edit above post) are friends, deep loved friends I hook up with for food, coffee, or a pint.
We love each other but more like family, well, some, but such talk is taboo when someone is with someone else.
My ex wife, mother of my son, is my most trusted female friend and she's been with someone else maybe 15 years now.

...he's way more successful than me, owns a commercial real estate business, good commission from a million £'s business premises sale. I like him but feel sorry for him he'll never have what I have with his partner. She said something deep the other day 'but you are the father of my only child Tone' and that made me smile inside.
Tone is short for Tony which is my name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join