It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The souls of Mischief and OUMUAMUA’S PECULIAR ACCELERATION from 99 till infinity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
When I first heard that scientists had begun searching for radio signals from The object named Oumuamus , i put a bet on with a friend of mine that they would hear the Soul Of Mischief - 93 Til infinity playing while aliens kicked back and smoked a few joints while travelling through space in their lightsail

www.youtube.com...

Like everyone else I got really excited when I read the paper on OUMUAMUA’S PECULIAR ACCELERATION ...arxiv.org... What could this object possibily be. Like the rest of the scientific community I got all excited about what this object could possibile be.

I didn't think anymore about it until I read this article this morning
no radio emmissions i8 lost my bet
earthsky.org...

Personally I think our best bet in discovering proof of alien life is to look for traces of celluose in halite crystals fround in meteorits either that or re-evaluate as to how we look at light. Think about it your an intelligent race whats the quickist way to send a message accross the universe - Light - a 3dimensional barcode embedded into a colour of the visable light spectrum perhaps but i will leave that for now
edit on 8-12-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

There's always sub-space communications. And maybe terrestrially they only use hard wires for bandwidth. Just saying not every intelligent lifeform out in the Universe isn't going to match our signal expectations.

edit on 8-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There's always sub-space communications. And maybe terrestrially they only use hard wires for bandwidth. Just saying not every intelligent lifeform out in the Universe isn't going to match our signal expectations.

I don't know about you but if I were intelligent (im nothing of the sort) I wouldn't be using radio, i'd use Light. A quick look at how dimensional barcodes or li-fi work here proves you can embedded data in light coupled with the fact that its the fastest means of transport in the universe, I'd be re-visiting newtons papers on visable light

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Even light is too slow for how big the universe truly is. Interstellar communication would probably have to take the form of some kind of quantum technology or maybe some kind of technology that manipulates consciousness.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Even light is too slow for how big the universe truly is. Interstellar communication would probably have to take the form of some kind of quantum technology or maybe some kind of technology that manipulates consciousness.

Thats way over my head. As I said im not that intelligent so I struggle with anything that's not Light which reminds me Didn't scientists manipulate consciousness in rats using light -- www.sciencedaily.com...
No idea about quantum so Ill leave that one

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Thats way over my head. As I said im not that intelligent so I struggle with anything that's not Light which reminds me Didn't scientists manipulate consciousness in rats using light -- www.sciencedaily.com...
No idea about quantum so Ill leave that one

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't know about you but if I were intelligent (im nothing of the sort) I wouldn't be using radio, i'd use Light. A quick look at how dimensional barcodes or li-fi work here proves you can embedded data in light coupled with the fact that its the fastest means of transport in the universe, I'd be re-visiting newtons papers on visable light

I would skip pushing the warp drive to plaid speed and use wormholes. Much faster means of travel.

Regarding the acceleration i thought this was already discussed how it was similar to a solar sail.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

If one is telepathic, wouldn't need a CB!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yeah they looked for traces of radio singals. I was wondering why not look for traces of paper?
We are using radios since 100 years. Earth is around 4.543 billion years old. The universe alone 13.8 billion.
Why on Earth (!!!) would they use radios???

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
-shameless plug for FRB121102-

I still believe it was artificially crafted.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: llama

If one is telepathic, wouldn't need a CB!

Telepathy now theres a very interesting topic. I was told a story sometime ago about how somebody once tried to teach egyptian priests telepathy. The person got 3 jars and placed scorpions in two of them. He than blindfolded the priests and told them to open their minds and to listen for instruction as to what jar they should place their hand in in order not to get stung. Suffice to say he wasn't that successful and gave up after all but one priest didn;t get stung.He came to the conclusion that telepathy and humanity didn't work The persons name was Samael

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, I was unaware of FRB121102 until I read about it on the SETI website

www.seti.org...

It certainly looks interesting

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

re-evaluate as to how we look at light. Think about it your an intelligent race whats the quickist way to send a message accross the universe - Light - a 3dimensional barcode embedded into a colour of the visable light spectrum perhaps

Messages in the light.

I haven't figured it out but there seems like there is a harmonic correspondence between a particular emotion/feeling and part of the light spectrum.

I was looking at a "UFO" photo taken from space, the gemini series of whatever. The UFO turned out to be a rocket booster.

In those series of photos taken from space there are four "signals(?)" that are the feeling of "friend" in the light.

Best educated guess is "broadcast" (prerecorded?) and since it is light, probably very directional.

It was an oddity to feel the statement "friend" four times like that from within a space photo.

Emotion is common across sentient Beings, "friend" is "friend" if your a cat or a human. Probably true elsewhere.

No need for a "universal translator" like in the movies.

Feelings in the light from space and probably any one with empathy can pick them up. No gadgets and science required.

edit on 8-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Question :

What could this object possibily be

Answer :
A rock

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Great tune! Not heard it for years.

Personally I think our best bet in discovering proof of alien life is to look for traces of celluose in halite crystals fround in meteorits either that or re-evaluate as to how we look at light.

Cellulose in salt crystals (Space.com) 2009. It's one of many ways if we get the opportunity to try it. Another way that could happen in our life times will be the James Webb Space Telescope identifying signs of life in the atmosphere of alien worlds like moons and planets.

We used to think 'goldilocks zones' would be very similar to our own system and were soon shown to be wrong. The habitable zones can be much, much closer to red dwarf suns which has massively increased the potential for life-bearing worlds.

Here's the shortest and most recent video I could find to explain the process.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Great tune! Not heard it for years.

Personally I think our best bet in discovering proof of alien life is to look for traces of celluose in halite crystals fround in meteorits either that or re-evaluate as to how we look at light.

Cellulose in salt crystals (Space.com) 2009. It's one of many ways if we get the opportunity to try it.

But here is the thing we have already found alien Halite crystals in the meteorites zag and monahans, as far as Im aware they haven't been tested or investigated for traces of cellulose.What they have found is deposits of organic material The oppourtunity is real If cellulose is present it's a safe bet to assume that alien life exists

www.sci-news.com...

edit on 9-12-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I guess it'll happen in time as long as they can balance the costs and benefits. Either way, the search for life is going up a gear pretty soon. I was going to say the chances of finding life are increasing and then remembered we could be all there is...the first. Exciting times ahead.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

Messages in the light.

Yes for exsmple LiFi uses light to send wireless data embedded in its beam. A LiFi enabled device converts the beam of light into an electrical signal. The signal is then converted back into data. The device sends back data using invisible light. LiFi is high speed bi-directional and fully networked light communications.T%his technology is currently available. Additional information on this can be found by following the link below www.eng.ed.ac.uk...

Now imagine for a second your a highly advanced alien race ust think what you could embedd within visable light

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Question :

What could this object possibily be

Answer :
A rock

Quite Brilliant Sir

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

They could do that, but what I was alluding to was something that does not use technology at the recipient end.

I didn't need any receiver other than my own body. That is empathy and noticing a subtle emotion that seemed out if place emanating from four locations in the photo.

Psyonics 101. No scientists, committees, alphabetical agencies, experts, UFO organisations, governments or other undesirables needed.

edit on 9-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join