It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will BLIZZARD ever make Diablo III?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
First off let me say this Diablo I,II, And Lord of Destruction are some of the best damn Pc games that have ever been created. For all you ATS members who know about the Diablo series, could it be possible to make a sequal of Diablo leaving off from the LOD ending *Baal, the last of the 3 prime evils dies and Tyreal destroys the World Stone*.

From what I have heard is that Tyreal becomes corrupted due to the fact that he destroys the world stone and he attempts to take over the world or some thing of that matter.

What I would like to know is if Blizzard has any intentions of creating a sequel? If yes, what type of graphics would be used? If not, why would they end such a great series so short?

Heres a quote from the official Blizzard website. Could they be planning to make a Sequel!?!? Why would they need so much resources? Or are they just planning on making a Diablo look alike?

New Job Opening - Lead Game Designer
Blizzard North is looking for an experienced Game Designer to lead the team that created Diablo and Diablo II. If you've led the design of a quality shipped title and feel you have the talent and determination for the job, see the Lead Game Designer position for more information.

New Position - 3D Character Artist
Blizzard North is looking to hire an experienced 3D Character Artist to help populate our game worlds with incredible characters and creatures. If you can translate concepts into fully realized 3D characters and love making new creatures from the abyss, then look to our 3D Character Artist position for more information.

New Job Opening - Environmental Technical Artist
Are you always looking to create that perfect, spooky environment? Is working with artists and programmers to get every detail of light, model, texture and FX perfect part of your ideal day? If you said yes to these questions, then Blizzard North may have the perfect position for you! Please see our Environmental Technical Artist posting for more information.

New Position - Reports and Tools Programmer
Blizzard is looking for a programmer that is experienced in gathering huge amounts of data and presenting them in perfectly understandable reports and presentations. This person would also be able to create the user interfaces that would make manipulating the data seem easy. If this sounds like this would appeal to you, please refer to our Reports and Tools Programmer for more information.

This has to be the smoking gun Lol, why would Blizzard require the old Diablo game designers a New Project manager?

Lead Game Designer

Blizzard North is looking for an experienced Game Designer to help lead the team that designed Diablo and Diablo II. The ideal candidate would be a talented and motivated individual with great design instincts and strong leadership skills.

Required Qualifications

Shipped at least one AAA title as Lead Game Designer.
Absolute passion for playing and making computer games.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Experience with designing, tuning, and balancing games.
Great sense for what makes a game fun to play.
Ability to lead a team of designers to consensus.
Plusses

Experience working on RPG titles.

(For all you people who don't have a clue what the hell Diablo is Check these links out to get an idea.)

Diablo

Diablo II

Diablo II Lord Of Destruction *Expansion Set*

Lets just pray that Blizzard dosn't turn a leaf on us and sh*t out another stupid War Craft game.

I hope you guys pray that this is no Joke and D 3 is near.

Odd

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Keep in mind how long Blizzard takes to release games... we'll hear about it three or four years before it comes out, I bet.

They'll do another one, though, and probably another StarCraft RTS... if they know what's good for them

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I hope your wrong
I would be awesome if they could release it by the beginning of next year. I will have no time to play video games other then 06. Well on the contrary if they take a long time then they better make the best Damn DIablo game of all time

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Right now if they are smart they do not need a new Diablo game. What they need to do is to appeal to the Starcraft fans again, I've been waiting for SC:Ghost for nearly 2 years or so and its been being pushed back so much.

They really need to make a new Starcraft RTS, its their only game that has no sequel other than one expansion pack.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Uh, D3 covers the last of the Lesser Evils.... there are 4. Duriel and Andariel were just 2 of the 4. But I did hear something about T becoming corrupt, but also heard the last of the two lesser evils are in it.... Will be cool though.

Go Barbarians! Berserk kills WW any day.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well if part 3 is going to based around the lesser evils then its going to be one hell of an easy game. If their going to make part 3 around Tyreals corruption does story writers have one hella of a job. I hope the game will be free online and not turn out to be like the new releases of Blizzard.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well, I think they meant, from what I read, was that T was going to become corrupt, and the two lesser evils will work for him, T will be the new Diablo. Also, just cause they lesser doesn't mean weak, Duriel was tough with that damn freeze Aura, not even Duriels Shell prevented the freezing.(and it does have immune to freezing)

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, I think they meant, from what I read, was that T was going to become corrupt, and the two lesser evils will work for him, T will be the new Diablo. Also, just cause they lesser doesn't mean weak, Duriel was tough with that damn freeze Aura, not even Duriels Shell prevented the freezing.(and it does have immune to freezing)

Against my Level 89 Hammerdin their all weak lol. I remember once killing Diablo in hell with 4 hammers and that was with a full game.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Umm from what I've heard from Blizzard is that they do NOT plan on making D3 anytime soon, they are kind of too busy with WoW right now, and the only sequel coming for starcraft is Starcraft:Ghost which isn't even being made by Blizzard. Anyway all the prime evils in Diablo were killed weren't they? It would be pointless to make another sequel when they have a cash cow in WoW, monthly fee = more $$$

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
they will most likely spend the next year working on ghost or workin on WoW patches. Bots and hacks are flooding them. not only that the europe server just went up. so i think itll take a while for D3 to come out. and WoW took long enough to come out. just play WoW sheesh. (im gettin it for free )

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i hope they do make 3,
it will be soo sweet cause ive kinda got bored with II now, ive uninstalled it because ive completed it so many times.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i hope they do make 3,
it will be soo sweet cause ive kinda got bored with II now, ive uninstalled it because ive completed it so many times.

[Nudge] [whispering] world of warcraft is the new Diablo. Sure it has a monthly fee but it kicks ass. //

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I love D2 but have gotten tired of it. I hope they make a new one or at least another expansion pack. Until then I am just going to play Sacred. It is buggy but fun.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Those bastards better not make a Diablo 3 before a StarCraft 2. Its been almost ten years since StarCraft came out and we want another bloody StarCraft DAMN IT!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You guys just made me remember that I never finished playing Diablo II. Part of the reason is a stupid bug I got somewhere somehow where everytime I save and then reload later to start playing again, all the creatures come back to life every time. My character got strong fast though having to kill everything mulitiple times just to go anywhere.

Well I'm going to have to check now. I think maybe I did finish it. I can't remember anymore.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thats how it is suppose to work..... D2 isn't D1, you save and exit, you start over in town. That isn't a bug.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
actualy the fellas that created diablo are working on a first person diablo type rpg, called Hell Gate London.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caseysmind
actualy the fellas that created diablo are working on a first person diablo type rpg, called Hell Gate London.

Mind explaing this "Hell Gate London" Game? Got any links mate?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes i also agree with the d3 iv beat 1,2 but true with wow out wich is a pretty good game i doubt that Diablo 3 will come out anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox

Originally posted by Caseysmind

Mind explaing this "Hell Gate London" Game? Got any links mate?

Heres a link

news.gamewinners.com...

Those bastards better not make a Diablo 3 before a StarCraft 2. Its been almost ten years since StarCraft came out and we want another bloody StarCraft DAMN IT!!!

Starcraft: Ghost is the continuation of the story. I'm not sure wether they plan on making a SC2 but that game is the sequel, story wise.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join