It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police coral and gas protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The French police seem to be causing the problem by shutting off all ways of escape and then firing rubber bullets and gas at a crowd that cant get away. Which makes one think that they are trying to get a violent response. Perhaps to justify overtime for xmas? Either way it looks like this will only grow from now on.
Macron must know that as far as a numbers game goes he has lost.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
While I really detest violent protest, and the wider population shares that sentiment, the moral ground is eroded when the police act with violence.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It won't take long for retaliation. You can only take that crap for so long and the French usually don't tbh.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Eighty percent of the Franch people support the yellow vest, next step will be marshal law, the French army wont go for it Then what?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

They will drag out the guillotines from mothballs and do a replay of history..

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Messy situation, what makes you think the army won't follow orders?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The French and Belgians know how to protest. This is going to get REALLY ugly very soon. I mean much more than the little bit we are seeing. I'd be interested in seeing if the police/army continue to press them or join in on the protests. We are watching history!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Messy situation, what makes you think the army won't follow orders?

A lot of those in the Army might side with the yellow vests and probably have family involved.
They also don't want to die.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because they are just as badly paid as the general French population. It is in their interest to relive the greedy one per cent of a few Francs.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sounds reasonable, I have my concerns however because military folk are trained to follow orders and not trained to think independently.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well, that's a dumb move by Macron. Way to throw gasoline on the fire............dip sh#t.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I'm curious what your solution would be?

Ignore the looting, the burning, the destruction of others peoples property, the projectiles thrown at those trying to keep the peace and let them do as they wish?

How would you get it under control in a peaceful way when the rioters are out of control?

I highly doubt the peaceful protesters will do anything to stop the violent ones. It's a shame that they always seem to show up at what could be peaceful protest. You cant let a mob shut down a city without consequence. Violent people only understand violence in return.

I can't think of a peaceful way to stop them. You?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

A peaceful way to stop them would be to ease the cost of living and reduce the gap between the rich and poor.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The French and Belgians know how to protest

Pity they didn't know how to do it in 1940, when Hitler marched in.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Must quell the rebellion by any means necessary of course. You can't allow the peasantry to use violence to have their way. Confrontation with overwhelming force to crush them is the only way.

The American colonies in the 1700s were faced with higher taxes and under tyrannical rule. They rebelled, one thing led to another and here we are, in the USA, the country made possible by all of that.

But, this is different, in France now. Right?
edit on 8-12-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Obvious crimes against humanity with the use of chemical weapons.

I demand the U.N. be sent in

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

But would that not be a prelude to marshall law ?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: stosh64

But would that not be a prelude to marshall law ?

Martial Law.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

if people can pay their bills and end up with a little after like a fair minimum income. Their would be no rioting. The economy would prosper. But Governments historically, become the ruling class and take so much they end up getting shafted themselves. Just because we are in the twenty first century it doesn't mean human nature has changed. Most of the population is very slow to take to the streets but when they do, and especially when the police realise that government power is an illusion against the vast numbers of protesters, and they get scared and become thugs themselves the problem escalates.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A peaceful way to stop them would be to ease the cost of living and reduce the gap between the rich and poor.

No, I meant right now while it's happening. What you suggest could hardly be done in a few minutes, hours, days or even months. Are you suggesting they should let the looting, burning and destruction of property continue for years while that's accomplished?

You don't really think the looters and the violent folks would stop anyway do you? They would just find another cause to blame it on. They always do. The world could be a perfect heaven like place where fountains flowed with Champagne and those nuts would still be out rioting.

Law enforcement has nothing to do with the cause celeb, they just keep the peace and enforce the laws. They have no real choice but to meet force with force. It's not like the violent ones and the looters actually care about the cause anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join