It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organ donation - Selling your parts for profit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

I think of organ donation a lot like big charities. They probably started with good intentions, until power and money got involved.
Now it appears the US is using organ donation like a cheap chop shop.

Exclusive: Dutch hospitals to drop U.S. body brokers, cite ethical concerns

Is this what you think of when you sign up for Organ donation?

companies that obtain the dead, often through donation, dissect them and sell the parts for profit.

Kinda sad to think this is all we are worth:

Although the declared value of the head on the customs form was $25, the going rate for a human head in the U.S. market is currently around $500

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wait a second, I have seen this movie before:

Like the stories of travelers/tourists waking up in a bathtub packed with ice, missing one of their kidneys.

freaky

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

LOL

The Body banks are almost completely ready for organ shopping.

What do you think all those genetic DNA tests are for. When the right person needs a part, just look-up a match.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

LOL

What do you think all those genetic DNA tests are for. When the right person needs a part, just look-up a match.

Yeah, the bio bank caught me in January with an endoscopy. That is why I'm rendering my organs useless by polluting them on a daily basis.

Would you like pickle with your liver?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

LOL

Yea like that movie Blood Work staring Clint Eastwood. Clint needs a new heart and the killer still wants to "play" with Clint so the killer finds the organ donor list and kills people to get Clint a brand new ticker.

Anyway you think U.S. is bad? China is 100 times worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There are speculators who believe the medical industry in the US likes to "cut to the chase" in a lot of instances, allowing patients to die in order to harvest organs of a patient who could otherwise be saved...

I have experienced personal tragedies where I question if the professionals had sinister intentions when telling me and my loved ones to remove life support... so obviously I may be biased. Doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Sad that greed seems more impactful in this day and age than empathy and ethics

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hospitals love organ donors, it is profitable. Maybe they do not sell the organs but they get to charge a big fee for removing the organs and preparing them for shipment. I read what they get for their services one day, it was a pretty substantual amount that the hospitals received for a heart or kidney removal.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I want one of them U.S. citizen head things for $500 to have stuffed and mounted on the wall. If I worked at a brain research center and we bought it, I'll betcha I could get away with it. I'd bring the head back minus the skin and hair, stick it back in its frozen locker the next day.

Donating plasma is profitable though, I've done it. There's no local plasma donation clinics that have the Rh negative antibody program unfortunately. If they did, I'd be making quite a bit of money.

For example, your first 4 donations are $60 each and you can do it twice a week (I'd opt for once in each arm but you could use the same arm and keep a puncture mark and maybe light bruising all the time). After the 4, you get $25 for the first donation of the week and $50 for the second, but the 6th through 9th donations that month have a $30 bonus on them ontop of that. I looked at the calender and you'd have to do the 9th one on the 31st day of the month.

In one month, after your first 4 new donor visits, you can make up to $420 per month by donating twice a week. It takes an hour and a half in and out of the door, and if you eat/sleep/hydrate right before and after, you just feel a little slower for the evening but it's strangely relaxing. You might laugh more and joke around more with others, doofy or silly can be a side effect. You wake up the next day feeling basically normal. You might be a little groggy, but some caffeine and physical exertion going about your day makes it go away if you even had it.

Don't think you're getting paid enough at work? Didn't get a raise yet? Not getting enough hours? Here you go. Rule 1 of plasma donation club: you don't talk about plasma donation club. I'll probably get kicked out for posting this.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I do not doubt that at all. I was hospitalized for something not life threatening. When I refused to sign off on organ donation (if the worst happened) the person seemed truly angry. The reaction really startled me, as if they were going to kill me if I had said yes!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think something happens to people who see death a lot. Police, doctors, EMTs, Paramedics, certain Military personnel, Medical Examiners... They stop worrying about it. It is something that just happens.

Over time, I could see a nurse or doctor subconsciously making decisions that could lead to a person's death if A) they just disliked that person for some reason, or B) it would profit them somehow. Even if they don't directly receive the profit, but the hospital does and all they are getting out of it is job security by doing their part to keep the lights on.

Imagine a situation where they were aware of a situation where the hospital was having financial trouble, or imagine a doctor or emt, their girlfriends dad needs a transplant or their kind old neighbor theyve known since childhood needs an organ, when they are working on someone who is a match and is in critical condition, maybe they move a little slower, not actively Trying to kill this random stranger, but they just don't try quite so hard to save their life, and they know better than anyone that people die everyday over mere seconds, and this person could die right now, if they fiddle with some piece of equipment for an extra 30 seconds after taking 30 extra seconds before starting CPR...

I bet a lot of heinous things have occurred in hospitals that we will never know the truth about. We already know about Some Of the psychotic death nurses who have been caught going around killing people randomly.

There's no way to win really. You could be a random person in a big city and be targeted at random, or you could try to protect yourself from that fate by really getting to know everyone involved in your healthcare or move to a small town where Everybody knows each other, and you could get killed over small town intrigues, jealousy, unrequited love... because of people all knowing Too Much of each others business, its better to be a total stranger in That situation... But then, total strangers get killed and forgotten... Theres no way to ensure your safety. Even your own family might "let" you die for reasons you couldn't fathom...

new topics

top topics

join