It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kelly to leave White House at the End of the Year

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: gortex

Good old Trump, he will break many records from that big white house.

He might even end up breaking even more records in a different style of, 'Big White House' and also end up wishing he'd listened to Kelly.
Kelly is doing the right thing, and getting OTF of it all.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Well the administration is a sinking ship, anyone on board will go down with it so bailing is the only other option.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving at the end of year too. Big changes next year. My crystal ball foreshadows a very chaotic West Wing.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Happy Christmas or hum-bug, whichever !
edit on 8-12-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What with young Nicky and blonde Heather joining the ranks,
d'ya reckon that confirms ol' Spanky's secret adoration of David Bowie !?

It might just be me though

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
OP, it's like your happy he's having trouble filling these spots with non-swamp.

DC is ALL SWAMP. You cannot get in without a stroke of luck or a helping hand.

WE ARE FULL CORRUPT.

It's disgusting.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I wonder what kelly will have to say about his time there?

Maybe he will say nothing at all. Write no books. Appear on no talk shows .

Is john kelly going to fade away?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

OP, it's like your happy he's having trouble filling these spots with non-swamp.

Not happy but unsurprised , John Kelly was appointed to stabilise the White House now that balance is going.
I think he probably did cal the Donald an idiot which is part of the reason their relationship broke down

a reply to: scraedtosleep

Maybe he will say nothing at all. Write no books. Appear on no talk shows .

I think that most likely , Kelly doesn't strike me as the type to do kiss and tell , at least not while the President is in office.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Good heavens to Murgatroyd,
next thing, the Donaldinas will be saying
that there's a Black Orchestra thing going on...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Growth that is based on debt. Our economy is basically an oxymoron and has been for quite some time. Smoke and mirrors.

Sorry, op off topic. I do believe in order to have a good team one needs to have consistency. Trump to me needs to get out of his own way he is looking more and more like a fool.

edit on 9-12-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
As the saying goes there's a Trump tweet for everything Trump

"3 Chief of Staffs in less than 3 years of being President: Part of the reason why @BarackObama can't manage to pass his agenda."

The circles of politics, something Trump said he was above, strange how history repeats despite party lines, its like ALL politicians are full of snip and Trump is just another politician, he is no saviour, just another naughty boy

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Kelly may have political ambitions of his own...this trump stink won't work in his favor, he should have left long ago if he really thought trump was an idiot.
edit on 9-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Kelly may have political ambitions of his own...this trump stink won't work in his favor, he should have left long ago if he really thought trump was an idiot.

What Trump stink ?
I doubt Kelly has political ambitions , perhaps the reason he stayed is because Trump is an idiot and Kelly put his country before personal opinion.

Watched Da Nang Dick Blumenthal on television spewing facts almost as accurate as his bravery in Vietnam (which he never saw). As the bullets whizzed by Da Nang Dicks head, as he was saving soldiers....
....left and right, he then woke up from his dream screaming that HE LIED. Next time I go to Vietnam I will ask “the Dick” to travel with me!
twitter.com...

Unlike his boss , what a child.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: olaru12

What Trump stink ?
I doubt Kelly has political ambitions , perhaps the reason he stayed is because Trump is an idiot and Kelly put his country before personal opinion.

Watched Da Nang Dick Blumenthal on television spewing facts almost as accurate as his bravery in Vietnam (which he never saw). As the bullets whizzed by Da Nang Dicks head, as he was saving soldiers....
....left and right, he then woke up from his dream screaming that HE LIED. Next time I go to Vietnam I will ask “the Dick” to travel with me!
twitter.com...

Unlike his boss , what a child.

That tweet was exactly the kind of "trump stink" I was referencing.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ah ,I understand.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
and he will probably nominate another former Bush member

clear the swamp to install the old swamp

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

President Trump is pretty much his own "Chief of Staff". In prior Admins, the Chief of Staff would hold press conferences to announce and say the things that President Trump announces and says himself now. John Kelly probably did important work, but he rarely acted as the mouthpiece of the Administration.

Americans enjoy direct communications from the most important person in our country.. The first (and maybe the last) U.S. President to respect us to this degree.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Americans enjoy direct communications from the most important person in our country.. The first (and maybe the last) U.S. President to respect us to this degree.

I think direct communication with citizens is a good thing but question the validity of posting something like the tweet above.
Negativity breeds negativity.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I suppose one person's negative is another person's positive.

At any rate, Mike Pence just announced that Nick Ayers will not be replacing John Kelly. The growing consensus is that Mark Meadows will become the chief of staff to president Trump.

www.axios.com...
edit on 12/9/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ooops

A bad week for Donald Trump ended with the news that his first choice to replace John Kelly as White House chief of staff will not take the role.

On Sunday Nick Ayers, currently chief of staff to Mike Pence, tweeted his thanks to Trump, the vice-president “and my great colleagues for the honor to serve our nation at the White House. I will be departing at the end of the year but will work with the #MAGA team to advance the cause.”

.. snip ...

The New York Times reported on Saturday that treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin, budget director Mick Mulvaney and US trade representative Robert Lighthizer were other possible choices to be chief of staff.

<< 1    3 >>

join