It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Advice for the 16 year old *Me*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
First off let me say this, I'm having a blast of a time at school. I'm a Jr and every day to me is a new experience, I meet new people literally every day, I overcome challenges every day, and I also get at least a new gal look at me in a "Loving" way.
But it just feels that i'm missin out on some thing, I don't really go to parties since their really are none other then "Sweet" 16's and does really get boring. On the contrary this city I live in with a population of 29,000 is boring

What I would like to know is what kind of things did you do when you were 16? Did you go out a lot? Did you have fun at school? Did you do any extra cureciular activities?

I would appreciate any input, Thanks

-Grey Fox

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Back in the annals of time I had just turned 16 when I left school and went to college where I was subjected to six months of seriously intense training to become a computer operator/programmer.

After completing the course, I got a job (in Ops), used to visit night clubs with friends (Late 70's - just when 'New Wave' was beginning) and generally pisked around.

That was in the UK though, where drinking is legal at 18. In the late 70s/80's even if you were slightly younger, if you at least looked old enough to drink and didn't act the arse the cops normally left you alone.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah, like Pisky said it's almost not fair to compare 16 in the 70's or 80's to now.

We lived baby.

Wild in the streets, running, running....wild in the streets...

It's practically illegal now at any age.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Yeah, like Pisky said it's almost not fair to compare 16 in the 70's or 80's to now.

We lived baby.

Wild in the streets, running, running....wild in the streets...

It's practically illegal now at any age.

Granted, ya little sons of bitches shoot up stuff at an alarming rate, which we never did, but in comparison, I think most people past their mid 30's look back to their teens and see some seriously criminal sh*t, in today's context, and are implementing atonement.
My Lord......toke breaks, rumbles ( no weapons), regular theft, stealing booze (and replacing it with water) from the parents liqour cabinet, cutting classes, drunk in the streets, sex........I think 16 year old me might have been hung as the Anti-Christ in today's world!
Maybe the difference is that all this happened & STILL there was a 3.0 GPA, cards for Mom, never challenged Pop, letters in sports and weekly church.......all the other kids were cut from that same cloth too.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My main extra curricular activity at 16 was music. Writing dance music, getting gigs, trying to get signed, taking on the world etc.

It's fun, it gets you out and dealing with some interesting people, it's sociable, and probably the most important thing at 16, it's attracts girls! I went from gawky geek to groupie magnet over night when I had my first white label out... what greater rewards can there be?!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
hey dont worry im 17 every1 goes through different things. i did the whole gang thing (not the nasty kind just groups of people!). we did the get drink sit in a park.. but me lookin bak see's how stupid we all looked, i then moved to spain and grew up alot and come bak and my old m8s wer still doing the street thing. if you like school then go for it. not many people liked school from my experience! i didnt and now im studying business law and doing well! if you like school go into a subject you like and ask whether they have after school clubs! then you will meet people who are into the same things you are in! you will have something in common. then someone may say lets go grab a slice of pizza and your life is alot less borin... and you know what they say! if your bored do something about it! cheers good luck oni x x x x x

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well, the occassional mammoth hunt was pretty cool... Or we'd build forts with mammoth tusks and fur.

Seriously though...

Mall, movies, girls.
Bowling, pool, video arcades.
Karaoke places.
The beach.

C'mon man!

Come to think of it, that's the stuff I try to do now too...
(well, except the girls part, as I'm married now...but if the wife's willing....
)

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i was racing moto x in a big way at 16....and along with that came partys and acting like a complete nutter....nothings changed at 29....get your self an extreme hobby...they attract extreme people...which usually means extreme partys and also great commradery.....just one piece of advice though...dont bother with drug experimentation...its a waste of time,money and your life.

work hard...play hard!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Generally, anything I did at 16, is not a good idea to try now. Times have changed. Boy, have they changed.

Drinking, parties, climbing out the window at 2 AM, talking to strangers (they weren't as dangerous then) and generally being huge pains in the rear end. And that's just the mostly legal stuff my friends and I did.

School... well by then I had a system going. I showed up for tests, and made a point to get to at least 1 class of every subject once a week, just to see where they were at. Also not recommended. What worked for me probably won't work for others. I hated high school. I avoided being there as much as I could, while maintaining my grades, so I wouldn't get grounded.

Other things I did when I was 16: soccer, softball, skiing(the main reason I never went to school), guitar, choir, writing and worked part-time at my neighbour's flower store. Main places to hang out were the mall, arcade, beach and main street.

As Bout Time mentioned, this was all done while maintaining an excellect GPA, not talking back and not getting in trouble with the law. Respect for my mother was unquestioned, and 17 years later, if my mother phoned me and told me to clean my room or I couldn't go out tonight, my first instinct would be to grab the vacuum cleaner.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was exactly the same as Duzey in those respects...till they made that stupid rule when I became a senior, of the 9 day bit..

I had a frickin' "A" GPA, so what if I wasn't big on boring my ass off in class? Oh well...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When I was 16 I ate, slept, partied, played sports and maturbated.

Yep, that's about it!!

Peace

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh, when I was 16....

I was in the high school marching band. That's pretty much it. And no, band camp was NOT like that, at least not at Interlochen!

Graduated high school in 1991. Got married in 1993. Still married to the guy, 12 years this August.

new topics

top topics

join