It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torah and Skins

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Seede, I do believe you are on the right track but Genesis does seem to have been written by different authors (aka Creator is called "God" until 1.24 then called "LORD God" etc) so trying to unravel a deeper interpretation from the whole becomes more difficult. But for what its worth I too see Adam (male) as our spiritual nature but see Eve (female) as our material-earthly nature. With the Tree residing in each of us (aka Luke 17:20-21 God's Kingdom Is Within You).

Male representing our spiritual nature, Female our earthly-material nature, has been used in other texts :

Gospel of Thomas...
Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

ut someone, something has and I do fully intend when the lord let's me out of this cursed corporeal state to ensure that who or whatever that is receives the full measure of that punishment - neither they nor the devil will get away with it believe me - you may ask my Lord and yours in your heart if I am lying because I am most certainly not though I may turn out to be far too small and inconsequential as a being to be able to bring about what I have said here, but hey there is eternity to accomplish it and even if I have to dig that mountain with a spoon in eternity there is time enough to move an infinite number of mountains.

LABTECH767, The Tree in the garden of Eden is called the Sefirot by Kabbalist. The Sefirot has gates that when open allows the Creators light to enter our vessel. The energies are so high that a cleansing needs to occur. This cleansing may result in anger, fear, temptations coming to our consciousness without rhyme or reason.

If this is occurring to you just ride the waves best you can. Aim to bathe yourself only in the Creators light knowing that if the devil threw a million spears at you not one could impact your soul.

Love and peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Seede, I do believe you are on the right track but Genesis does seem to have been written by different authors (aka Creator is called "God" until 1.24 then called "LORD God" etc) so trying to unravel a deeper interpretation from the whole becomes more difficult. But for what its worth I too see Adam (male) as our spiritual nature but see Eve (female) as our material-earthly nature. With the Tree residing in each of us (aka Luke 17:20-21 God's Kingdom Is Within You).

Yes, Torah has many authors and Moses while writing some of Torah was not the author of most all Torah. Moses was but one source in his gathering material for Genesis. Even if we had the autographs of Torah it would probably be the same. We must not forget that Moses spent much of his youth in the Egyptian environment and another forty years as king of Ethiopia before spending his last days as a Hebrew nation of converted Sumerians. So in that respect Moses had a lot of time and association with material of which to gather his Torah.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

There is also recent finding that YHWH was also the God of the Edomites which helps explain why Genesis is well versed in Edomite history (Genesis 36... "these were the kings who reigned in Edom before any Israelite king reigned").

It also seems that Brahma+Saraswati and Abraham+Sarah have a common origin (with many more similarities). In History of the Jews, Flavius Josephus wrote that the Greek philosopher Aristotle stated: “Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers called the Calani.”. This help explains why Hinduism and deeper mystical Judiasm (kabbalism) has many similarities.

I find it all fascinating but its drifting away from your thread, sorry,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join