It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torah and Skins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Torah and Skins

In reading written Torah I read –
Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

I then reread oral Torah of of MeAm Loez and read –
Genesis 3:21 – God made shirts of skin for Adam and his wife and He clothed them.

The Torah tells us that God took the skin that the serpent had shed and made it into clothing for Adam and his wife. He clothed them with it so that they would not be naked.

Some say that God created an animal known as the Tachash which has a very bright, colorful skin. This skin was later used for the covering of the Tabernacle that the Israelites built in the desert [see Exodus 25:5]. It was of the skin of this animal that God made clothing for Adam and Eve.

I still had no definite theological proof of which, if any, of the two stories were correct. Rabbi then told me to look into the book of bro’shoth [bro-shot] meaning “beginning” or at the forefront or perhaps the first.

As I read bro’shoth and read where Ezra the scribe opened his mouth and drank of the wisdom of God, he then wrote

“Adam Chuah RI’Shon” – Ezra Reviy‘iy known to us as 4 Ezra. In this wisdom did Ezra teach us in Ri’shon 13:6 And on you O Adam, while in my garden and obedient to me, did that bright light rest also. 7 But when I heard of your transgression, I deprived you of that bright light. Yet of my mercy, I did not turn you into darkness, but I made you your body of flesh, over which I spread this skin, in order that it may bear cold and heat.”

I then began to understand what Ezra was teaching and what I had never realized. Torah is teaching that the nakedness of Adam and Eve was not the flesh but was indeed their radiance of light. How do we know this? We know this because here in Ezra’s account, it was after the transgression that God made Adam and Eve into flesh and then covered this flesh with skin.

Then what is meant when Torah teaches us in Genesis 2:25, that while in the celestial garden and in the celestial covering “And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.?”

Meaning that when first created and before the transgression, the man and woman were not of flesh but were covered in coats of light and were naked. They were not in the flesh at this time.

Is this why Genesis tells us --
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Is God Flesh? God is not flesh and if not flesh then made man in His image and likeness [substance]. It is written in 1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Ezra teaches us that bro’shoth 65: 7 “Then Adam and Chuah came back into the cave sorrowful and crying because of the alteration of their bodies. And they both knew from that hour that they were altered beings, that all hope of returning to the garden was now lost; and they could not enter it. 8 For now their bodies had strange functions and all flesh that requires food and drink for its existence cannot be in the garden.”

This then teaches us that the skin that replaced the radiant glory of covering that was in the garden was not of slain beasts, as so many assume, but was actually the covering of flesh that we experience to day. This skin does not cover nakedness but only serves the purpose of a covering of flesh. This teaches us also that God then reformed man from a celestial being into a terrestrial being after the transgression. Even oral Torah was uncertain and gave us two renditions of uncertainty while Torah kept its secret tightly locked away.

edit on 8-12-2018 by Seede because: clarify a sentence

edit on 8-12-2018 by Seede because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2018 by Seede because: mispelled title

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I love this revelation. I love it when lightbulb moments hit. Thank you for sharing. I must look into this more.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Some people spend a lot of time researching this kind of stuff. I think it is just that god just made them some clothes to wear after they decided to eat some honey (Food of the gods) and got stung. I am not so sure that the man taking care of Adam and eve was the creator of the universe though, but he was a good person. I read that the Serpent might have been Lilith.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To me, "in the image of God" means "having enough self-awareness and conscious will to be capable of ruling the world (under God) as God rules the world".
Then "let them have dominion" follows on immediately as a logical consequence.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I actually found this idea quite thought provoking.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

In Cliff Notes?

I honestly don't even know what this is, I avert my eyes from religious things.

But am curious.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm pretty confident our omnipotent God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked woman prancing about.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The skin was the final genetic modification before Adam and Eve were completed by a laboratory process. Ancient astronaut theorists say it IS possible.

edit on 8-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

We were or effectively still are formed from soil
The food we eat is nurtured from the soil, plants, eaten by animals that we eat all come from the soil
I believe we are and always have been terrestrial based on the fact that Jesus is fully 100% human
That and the fact that God is described as walking with Adam

Nice thoughts to kick around and consider but all I can think is what and what’s the point

As Dizzy said “the image” is probably related to our free will, intelligence, capabilities or whatever he meant than skin

God had angels, why did He want more celestial beings

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its is said they had a fingernail like covering over their bodies before the fall.

Additionally the Torah narrative of fig leaves being used for clothing brings the number up to three materials described.

Perhaps a multi-material garment?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

a reply to: Seede To me, "in the image of God" means "having enough self-awareness and conscious will to be capable of ruling the world (under God) as God rules the world". Then "let them have dominion" follows on immediately as a logical consequence.

Very good point and possibly very true.

As God made man and put him in the garden there was a reason that man was put in the garden. Our teaching teaches that man was put in the celestial garden of Gan Eden for several reasons of which primarily Adam was put in the garden for safety from the fallen ones who ruled upon this earth.

We see this in the Sumerian kings list that for a great span of time both the earth and the rulers of this earth were of celestial substance. The earth was not cursed till iniquity was found in this creation and being that the earth was perfect, it was not terrestrial till death was proclaimed to all of the creation. After man and earth were cursed was when the heavenly host that was cast to the earth became imprisoned in Sheol and the garden taken from the corrupt earth. Here is where Ezra comes in to teach us that as Adam and Eve were cursed and the earth was cursed so their substance was also changed in order to survive in the cursed environment. As they lived in the perfect safe environment of Gan Eden they were protected from the fallen heavenly host who would most certainly have brought harm to them.

It may seem fantastic to most all to realize that this entire creation was perfect when it was first created. Even though the angels who sinned and were cast to this earth were of celestial substance did not mean that the earth was corrupt. The earth [universe] became cursed as man was cursed and at this time was when the fallen ones were cast from the face of this earth and man given the authority over the face of this earth.

Actually our doctrine is far deeper and not attached to any doctrine from beyond the first century to this date. The thing i wanted to express is for people to think outside the box a little more and not be obligated to the many teachings of some who should not be teachers. Naturally any opinions are just as valid as mine.

Thanking you as always.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Along these lines, it occurred to me one day, the word human, broken down into syllables, sounds like hue-man. A hue is a tint/color and is opaque, as opposed to translucent (like a spirit.) So if Adam and Eve were light beings, when they were covered with skin, they became hue-man. Kind of interesting to ponder...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

This perfect's what I already believed but gives a far better understanding of what the flesh of this earth - the dust is.
Dust to dust is the flesh - the skin of this world.

Yeshua is spirit or celestial in nature, the new body's he spoke of for those that are resurrected are Celestial body's or spirit form's.

The flesh is exile our true home is not of this world.

Intriguing thought, did the physical earth already exist and was there already a SOULESS race of man?, if so they really were NOT us or our ancestors' but simply smart animal's devoid of soul's until we were exiled to this state of being.

That was the fall and Jesus is the ONLY solution, the only way back into the celestial form, the sacrement - the bread and wine is blessed by his spirit since he IS spirit manifest as flesh and then when he ascended made back into spirit.

Also remember he said that in the resurrection we shall neither be given nor taken in marriage but shall be like the Angel's in heaven, so a physical resurrection is NOT what the real resurrection is but a spiritual resurrection to the TRUE life while this earth is actually a form of living death, an exile from our true home.

www.biblestudytools.com...

And

biblehub.com...
bible.knowing-jesus.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I came across this idea a few years ago but dismissed it as some crazy Jewish fable. Now that I reconsider, it seems more interesting.

If man was created in the spiritual body and only became flesh with the fall of Adam, then the entire Bible story plays out like a great cosmic cycle. At the end, we are fully redeemed living in heaven with our spiritual bodies restored.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

In ancient Coptic the word for human was also the same one used for jack-donkey.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Except that part of the bible is not Jewish.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

which part? 4 Ezra?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

a reply to: Seede I actually found this idea quite thought provoking. Thank you.

Coming from you is quite an honor my friend. Your posts are filled with scholarly work and I appreciate you more than you realize. Have a good holiday season and do marvel at your intelligence. lol
-

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The entire bible is Jewish, the new testament was based on the word's of a Jewish man whom was called Rabbi/Teacher/Master by his followers and whom debated with the doctors of the law as a little boy knowing the scroll's better than them.

He was Jewish, Salvation comes from the Jews.

You are waiting on the second coming, read the new testament book of revelation and compare it to the current wait for the messiah, remember Yeshua entered on an ass via the now sealed up gate, Herod whom was an ARAB placed on the throne by Rome as a puppet tried to have him killed as a child, he was a refugee in exile from his homeland in Egypt as a child.

Those men whom wrote those gospels - at least in there original form which was best kept by the Syriac Orthodox Church were all Jewish, All devout and ALL believed in Yeshua.

The ongoing persecution of the Jews has two origin's and neither of them are Christianity, one was the Roman empire after the revolt since the Jewish uprising cost a lot of Roman lives and later they became a convenient scape goat, in fact the persecution of the Christian's began as a persecution of Jewish Sect's by the Roman's which eventually changed into a full on Persecution of the Christian's which for a time allowed the Jewish sect's off of the hook.

But who do you blame when you then take that religion and make it the state religion?, the Jews remained once again and again became the scapegoat (Remember the origin of that term) and this was only amplified by the increasing anti Christian sentiment and writing's of later Jewish Scholars and rabbis some of whom wrote as late as over seven hundred and eleven hundred years after the expulsion from the promised land by the Roman empire.

The Other attack comes' from Islam and is mostly down to an incident were Muhammad claimed to be the Messiah and of course had to deny Jesus since he wanted the throne of David for himself and the Jewish Elders of the Arabian Jewish people rejected him, he then attacked them and murdered all of there men and old woman taking only the young woman as sex slaves for his men.

Modern Jewish belief is mostly from the period after the expulsion, OLD Jewish belief INCLUDES the earliest form of Christianity which was a SECT of Judaism different because it accepted Yeshua as the Messiah.

Here is the oldest Known Jewish church, it once had TWO alters which may show early confusion or debate was still raging in the first century church.

Then answered Peter, and said to Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if you will, let us make here three tabernacles; one for you, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that Christianity in it's modern form is very far removed from the Jewish followers of the way of the first century but that remains' it's root.

edit on 9-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That's a heresy, salvation does not come from the Jews, salvation is found only in Jesus

Jesus ended the Jewish religion and the Jewish covenant with His own new covenant to all humanity not just Israel

Salvation does not come from the Jews

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join