It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection of Aquatic Pigeons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't usually put much importance on dreams.
Most of my dreams are too abstract to attach any meaning to.
Nocturnal brain farts.
I had one this morning that seemed to be a coded message from the little goblin that shovels coal into the furnace of my subconscious mind.
It goes like this:
I'm sitting beside a clear stream and notice a white pigeon that appears to be dead lying on the bottom.
Then I turn and notice a dark blue pigeon fluttering, near death on the rocks.
I go toward the suffering bird with the intention of putting it out of its misery.
When I get to the bird, prepared to break its neck, it tells me to take it to the water.
I take it and set it beside the stream.
It flutters into the water and gulps until it sinks and comes to rest next to the dead white bird.
Then a woman I see around town every here and there comes and sits next to me.
She points to the stream and now both of the birds are perfectly healthy, submerged in crystal clear water, and pecking at food on the floor of the stream.
We are both marveling at this strange miracle. There is a very positive vibe.
I notice that this woman is wearing a white sweater and I am wearing a dark blue coat.
Then I woke up.
My winter coat is a dark blue Swiss Army jacket.
If the next time I cross paths with this woman and she is wearing a white sweater I will have no choice but to strike up a conversation.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I very much like the imagry, in scene one.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sounds like an Aesop Rock song.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm just copying and pasting google results for dream symbolism.

Birds in dreams are usually good signs. They might be symbols of your goals, desires and hopes. They are also a sign of peace, freedom, harmony, balance, ideas, joy and love. Birds can symbolize freedom of thinking, our hopes and fears.

Water is one of the most common and powerful dream symbols, and it's no wonder, considering how essential it is to life. ... If you are underwater in your dream, this might indicate feeling drowned, overwhelmed, or swallowed up by unconscious thoughts, emotions, urges, or memories.

White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection. White means safety, purity, and cleanliness. As opposed to black, white usually has a positive connotation. White can represent a successful beginning.

Dark or washed-out blue may indicate depression and feelings of sadness.

Make of that what you will.

My own interpretation is that the birds were symbols of myself and this person I have yet to converse with.
Both birds were in a bad condition until they were united and then they were doing very well in a strange environment.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Cool imagery... usually when someone starts yammering about their dream I phase out, 'cause b o r i n g. But you broke the rule... or maybe I'm boring, now?

Two birds, one stone cup? Something seemingly dead, but really just somewhere else (like underwater) pecking around?

Dunno, maybe some of the resident dream interpreters will drop in. A few of them here are really, really good at it. Way better than I. Why you pestering me, anyway, going on about dreams... leave me alone, dammit... why you bringing up my mommy? She was pretty... so?! Get outta my head!

top topics

join