It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Click Bait Ads!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Now, we've all seen them, clickbait ads on the Internet. I'm talking about the real ones where there's some bizarre picture and an even more bizarre statement accompanying it.

Of late I've noticed a trend, and I have to admit some of them are pretty amusing...even to the point of making me want to click on them (but I know better).

Many of the latest ones, at least on my computer, seem to involve the lubricant WD-40. There will be this caption like..."5 Astonishing Tricks You Should Know!"

And then there will be a picture of someone spraying WD-40 in their underpants or something. LOL! The last one I saw said something like that and had a picture of someone spraying WD-40 in their toilet bowl. Another one had someone spraying WD-40 at an attacking bear.

The other one I see a lot is some smokin' hot chick pulled over by police on the road, and the caption will read something like..."5 new traffic laws you should know in (insert your state)." LOL.

The desperation for clicks, and the length some advertisers will go to in order to get them, is pretty comical.

What's the dumbest one you've seen?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

And this is why I have an ad-blocker.

Besides, I already have a can of WD-40.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

BUT...did you know about the "astonishing" results when you spray it in your underpants?????

Just think of the possibilities!!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Try this one cool trick the makers of Wd40 don't want you to know about!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

BUT...did you know about the "astonishing" results when you spray it in your underpants?????

I must admit that in the 30-odd years or so I have been acquainted with the WD-40 product, I have never thought to myself "I wonder what would happen if I spray it on my underwear..." Call me a simple man if you will. While wearing the underwear at the time or not, just to be clear! I'm not one of those!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Just think how easy they would slide on and off, if you would only try it!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well, you have to ask yourself what ever inspired someone to eat Durian fruit, right???

"Hmmmmm...let's see...it's sharp and spiky on the outside like a weapon. When we cut it open it stinks like the worst garbage-sewer dump on planet Earth...I know, let's eat it!"

I mean, stranger things have happened!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It's just a bunch of men sitting around thinking "What could possibly go wrong?"

Yeah.
edit on 8/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I must admit that in the 30-odd years or so I have been acquainted with the WD-40 product, I have never thought to myself "I wonder what would happen if I spray it on my underwear..." Call me a simple man if you will. While wearing the underwear at the time or not, just to be clear! I'm not one of those!

Well, it's made primarily of fish oil.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The old say goes " If you think the deal they are offering is too good to be true, it probably is." Should try to come up with a clickbait saying.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well, the title of your post said "Click Bait Ads!"

I clicked it.

new topics

top topics

join