It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PTSD and Your Assumptions in Reasoning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Everyone of us could be said to be a plinko board (price is right) where the nodes (protruding sticks) represent information (assumptions about reality) whereas the ball that is placed within it is a thread of meaning within any physical context that the self exists within vis-à-vis other selves.

As selves who developed around other developed selves developing around us, we are always sharing and transforming the meaning between one another, and whose meanings derive from a chain of other people similarly inheriting and passing on meaning to those they relate with.

The first and second paragraphs are equivalent statements in both the interpersonal sense of self and other, and the intrapsychic sense of self and self image. Our internal world is a miniature representation of these external relationships, with their order of occurrence determining the dynamics of the mind-body relationship in the formation of self-experience.
edit on 8-12-2018 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Great subject for a thread

Or are we unknowing of all the details God has going to keep His creation intact idk but he cannot reveal all ....I hear

We are fantastically made body and mind and relations and fellowshipeditby]edit on 8-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 8-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 8-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"PTSD" and what it really means. It just means "That fukkt you up yo". Nothing complicated about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
PTSD is also known as shell-shock & depression. It can happen from as little as being extremely stressed at work/school, to a relationship breakup, to being attacked on the battlefield & the death of loved ones. The most severe form of PTSD happens from the death of a loved ones, especially children. Most police officers & soldiers who have witnessed death during their service have PTSD unless they are psychopaths. Its a normal part of life. The crazier & more hectic society becomes, the more people will have PTSD. If society continues on the same path as the last 100 years everyone except psychopaths will have PTSD if they don't already.
edit on 8-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
PTSD is also known as shell-shock & depression. It can happen from as little as being extremely stressed at work/school, to a relationship breakup, to being attacked on the battlefield & the death of loved ones.

I'd be willing to bet my worst farts could give someone PTSD.

The most severe form of PTSD happens from the death of a loved ones, especially children. Most police officers & soldiers who have witnessed death during their service have PTSD unless they are psychopaths. Its a normal part of life. The crazier & more hectic society becomes, the more people will have PTSD. If society continues on the same path as the last 100 years everyone except psychopaths will have PTSD if they don't already.

Yes, it is a normal part of life. The problem is that life isn't normal anymore because we're living in a highly illusive artificial environment that lulls us into a delusion of safety and causes our conscious mind to forget reality until something normal (like someone dying) happens and shakes us awake. The juxtaposition of being suddenly awakened by reality while everyone around you is walking around in a happy stupor is obviously quite traumatic.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Depends (For those wet farts that pop(poop) out ever so often....) And also depends on who provided the diagnosis and what led up to said diagnosis. Was it a Psychiatrist who diagnosed it and just so happen to have a couple of prescriptions to "help battle" thee battle? Was it the V.A.™? They have to do something as military folks are committing suicide at more than 1 per day; more are dying by suicide then in actual action. Not to fret, Haliburton™ is still raking it in..

I was diagnosed w/PTSD back in 2003, I'm done holding My breath because I was told I had 12-20 months to live then too.. I also was Rx'ed 2 medications that took 2 months to get out of My system. (2 of 7 Rx meds. Now I still take the original 2 opiates and have had the same prescription for 14 years. I use Cannabis medically but seeing I'm on "Gravy Time" I go "Old School"...) My Cholesterol went from 373 to 153. Blood Pressure went from 145/95 on 2 meds to 120/72 w/0 meds...

Now going back to Your wet farts; Could You describe Your diet?

Stay Hydrated, (Unless You're battling a "funny tummy" and Your shorts look like someone sat in peanut butter w/all sorts of 3rd gear scratches...)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Or are we unknowing of all the details God has going to keep His creation intact idk but he cannot reveal all ....I hear

What details besides the idea of symmetry? I like Occham's razor: the least necessary assumptions. If more are required as the evidence piles up, then proceed is your propositions. Until then, its over-zealous and unstable to reach for what you should be leaving for a later time. I see the ''ultimate' as something that probably is, but in the present state of society, its necessary for us to build slowly, and naturally, towards it. Think of a rubber band; the farther away the two points in the dynamic, the more stretched - and strained - the band becomes. Love is sort of that force that brings the two closer together, and hence, relaxes the strains. All complex dynamical systems work like this.

On a purely psychodynamic level, if a) you're an animal, b) you're constructed by threat-safety dynamics c) your feelings represent those dynamics d) those dynamics represent a symmetry between self and world e) your thinking represents the linguistic patterns that correlate with the threat-safety dynamics, then f) all thinking done in your head which doesn't follow the logic of threat-safety dynamics are basically functioning within those threat-safety dynamics in an unconscious way. Your feelings are representations of these historical facts; negative feelings are never mysteries, but reference points along a line of development which has represented situations in ways determined by how those situations have historically affected them (i.e. its bidirectional). So, to repeat: matter is made by symmetry; your made of cells organized to 'attune' to the various dynamics occurring around them. The affective body integrates homeostasis processes and the motivational functions they generate for functional-structural ends. But with attachment, the environment now either a) threatens us with meanness or b) makes us feel safe. The environment selects our states based upon purely preexisting behavioral categories of threat and safety. Nice cues select good states and reinforce them; negative cues constrain affective processes and cause heightened vigilance.

The self-other relationship is synergistic. The deeper that safety is developed, the greater the brain, the larger and more coherent its functioning. It is, more or less, how we understand ourselves vis-a-vis other selves, and how we evaluate the situations we're in, and how those we're relating to evaluate theirs.

Ideally, I should be for the Other as well as myself - in that order. I should trust and show faith in their ability to be coherent, but if they fail to be, I can patiently remind them of how unfair they're being. It is purely logical to expect other people to recognize their ability to live logically i.e. to recognize the incoherence, and dissonance, associated with ignoring recognition dynamics when their own being - the one they're presently speaking from - is constructed that way.

There are two parts of self-experience. We can be agencies, or we can be passive. Both parts are relevant to the origin of motivation; the latter in particular, informs the former, as the former is primitive at birth and the latter is at the will of the environment for its sense of identity and meaning.
edit on 9-12-2018 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join