It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: Michael Cohen acted at Trump's direction when he broke the law

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just as an aside, remember that the Reverend Jeremiah Wright said that Obama and his handlers offered him around $150 000 to keep silent until after the 2012 election (source). If we're using the OP's method of discerning guilt or innocence, Obama too is a criminal.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Just as an aside, remember that the Reverend Jeremiah Wright said that Obama and his handlers offered him around $150 000 to keep silent until after the 2012 election (source). If we're using the OP's method of discerning guilt or innocence, Obama too is a criminal.

So....

Again I have actually been pretty careful there les to not claim that this is proof of guilt I am only pointing out what the federal prosecutors have said. It does feel like the walls are closing on on trump however.

Also if Obama has done the same then through to book at him to.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So....

Again I have actually been pretty careful there les to not claim that this is proof of guilt I am only pointing out what the federal prosecutors have said. It does feel like the walls are closing on on trump however.

Sorry, I was confusing this thread with the "Trump is a criminal" thread. I retract that statement. Apologies.

But I think it's safe to say that the press, the people, the FBI, gave Obama a pass on everything whereas Trump has received almost too much scrutiny. The disparity in treatment is breathtaking. Would you agree?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

I agree with you I so far as if Obama was also guilty of this then he should also be facing the same punishment as Trump.

I also agree that Obama got better press.

However when it come to bad press do you not agree that he does bring a lot of it in himself.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Propagandalf

I agree with you I so far as if Obama was also guilty of this then he should also be facing the same punishment as Trump.

I also agree that Obama got better press.

However when it come to bad press do you not agree that he does bring a lot of it in himself.

Yes, it would be much easier for Trump if he was politically correct. But the reactionary response to Trump is menacingly dangerous. Remember, the largest single-day protest in American history occurred because Trump said the p-word a decade earlier in private. This is the level of insanity we're dealing with here.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

I don't know that he did discuss the legalities of this with Trump or not and neither do you.

All we know is that the federal prosecutors have said that Cohen was acting under Trumps direction.

We do not have all of the information so lets not pretend that either of us can claim anything other than the prosecutors are saying that Cohen was acting under Trumps direction.

Well, for one thing, it most likely would have been leaked. So..

Thats speculation and opinion on your part, its not fact.

When you start dealing in facts, I'll do the same. As it stands, the fact is, is that Cohen may have acted at Trump's direction. It still needs to be proven. Yet you immediately point to this as Trump being a crook because... You feel it in your bones, is what it amounts to.

As I said, Cohens recording suddenly stops without any definitive proof of Trump directing him to do anything other than to pay. It does not specify how. Cohen says "I got it". It looks like an attempted setup by Cohen, with this recording as the only proof, and just enough of it to make people like you automatically proclaim "TRUMP IS A CROOK I TOLD YOU SO!"

Why bother

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

So....

Then you have failed miserably.

Well I don’t really have much to add to this. I mean we did try to tell you guys that trump was a crook. I am just waiting to see how his supporters will try to spin this one.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Rewey

AT THIS POINT his legal counsel is supposed to say "no, according to the campaign financing laws, that can't be done. Instead we need to blah, blah, blah..." . But he didn't do that at all...

Emmmm to be fair, you don't actually know that though.

OH MY GOD! I'm just pointing out what is in the transcript which other members are claiming is 100% proof positive that Trump directed Cohen to break the law!?! I'm just pointing out what that transcript actually shows!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, but the portion of the tape we're discussing suddenly ends. So maybe Cohen did point out campaign finance law, but why not record that part too? It would be more damning for him to do so and have Trump on tape dismissing those laws and telling him to do it anyway.

No, I see his point now... It's the part AFTER the recording suddenly cuts off which 100% proves undeniably that Trump is a criminal! If only we'd realised that earlier...

<< 5  6  7   >>

join