It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: Michael Cohen acted at Trump's direction when he broke the law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

But as has been pointed out is if he hired a gunman to kill his neighbor they both go to jail.

No one is accusing trump of speeding. ( does he even know how to drive?)

You are being willfully ignorant.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

The court documents are real... and every network is reporting on this.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

ahhhh its cute when you guys hit that wall of cognitive dissonance and the rest of us get to just sit back and watch as you slowly lose your minds as you defend the indefensible.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No lawyer asks his client if he did it. and most perps do not ever tell their lawyer if they did.
You seem to be confusing a lawyer with a parent who tells you right from wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

In this case the lawyer and the perpatrator are both criminals and they were working together.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What's laughable is your interpretation of our laws.

No, whats laughable, and I mean I really do get a good old chuckle out of you lot, is how you defend this guy no matter what.

I am not making any statements about American law all I have done is cite reports that federal prosecutors have implicated Trump in criminal proceedings against his former lawyer and good buddy Cohen.

Please though, keep spinning this, keep pretending its not real and its all fake news and you're in your safe space... in your safe space... safe space...ahhhhhh thats better now isn't it....just keep pretending its not true.

Let me clear this up for you. A prosecutor will always say that their target is guilty of everything. They do this because that is their job. It is an adversarial legal system in the U.S. Therefore prosecutors are inherently and institutionally biased against their target. So a prosecutor stating that someone broke the law has very little probative value. It isn't "fact" as the media wish to spin it. It is simply their theory that they are tasked to prove and nothing more. Right now all they appear to have is Cohen's testimony. Testimony made pursuant to a plea deal made with hopes of getting a reduced sentence for other crimes on unrelated charges. One of those charges is perjury. Its a very weak case. Most prosecutors would not bother to file charges based on this.
edit on 8-12-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: timequake

Thats nice but its all spin, again let me explain.

FACT: Federal prosecutors have said Cohen was acting under Trumps directions.

SPIN: "A prosecutor will always say that their target is guilty of everything. They do this because that is their job. It is an adversarial legal system in the U.S. Therefore prosecutors are inherently and institutionally biased against their target. So a prosecutor stating that someone broke the law has very little probative value. It isn't "fact" as the media wish to spin it......."

might be a uncomfortable fact for you but its still a fact.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

not to mention his marriage.

as if that means anything to him. He has always been a terrible husband. A very poor choice for a mate. Just ask his two ex wives. and his current one.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Of paying off a sexual encounter with private money? Yea exactly, that congressional slush fund though...

Look I get it Trunp has had the power to rape the world for 2 years.That's scary, I get it, no telling what atrocities have been committed. I'm just saying if this is all your investigators can come up with, they're completely inept, or they're standing behind Trump in the train waiting for their chance pump the caboose on mother earth.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

demonic possession? Are you ok?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: timequake

Thats nice but its all spin, again let me explain.

FACT: Federal prosecutors have said Cohen was acting under Trumps directions.

SPIN: "A prosecutor will always say that their target is guilty of everything. They do this because that is their job. It is an adversarial legal system in the U.S. Therefore prosecutors are inherently and institutionally biased against their target. So a prosecutor stating that someone broke the law has very little probative value. It isn't "fact" as the media wish to spin it......."

might be a uncomfortable fact for you but its still a fact.

I've seen your explanation already. That is what I already addressed. Your spin is that you present this information as if it was a foregone conclusion because "the prosecution said..." That is the spin. We really cannot make it any clearer for you.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Nothing actually that scary about Trump, hilarious yes, scary not really.

Why do you find it so difficult to accept that Trump has been implicated in these criminal proceedings?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't think you understand what spin is. It is what you are doing, also the media.

The entire job of a prosecutor is to prosecute! Crazy huh?

They are not juries nor judges.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How am I spinning anything

I am literally just saying.... "Federal prosecutors have said that Cohen acted under the direction of Trump"

Thats just a fact, thats what they have said.

Please tell me where is the spin?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So the paper boy is a professional newsman? He delivers the news for a living. He should know it all.

You are just grabbing at straws and trying to derail the thread.

And in a taxi the passenger does tell the driver what to do or else how does he get where he wants to go.

trump and Cohen broke the law in tandem. Cohen did not act on his own and this is not a speeding ticket so please stop trying to minimize the whole thing down to a misdemeanor speeding ticket.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That would be the few instances of using the term criminal sans conviction.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

umm yeah dude. The women didnt say a word. None of the people who voted for trump knew about them...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you understand basic human nature. If we start there we can assume this has happened not once or twice in our history, but numerous times. I assume you can find me a court verdict precendant?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yet his persona was that of a playboy, and we have a congressional slush fund that pays out SEXUAL ASSAULT claims.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Has he been charged or just accused? Is it the same campaign laws that are only punishable by fine that Cohen pleaded guilty to?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join