It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: Michael Cohen acted at Trump's direction when he broke the law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Federal prosecutors said for the first time Friday that Michael Cohen acted at the direction of Donald Trump when the former fixer committed two election-related crimes during the 2016 presidential campaign, as special counsel Robert Mueller outlined a previously undisclosed set of overtures and contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian nationals.

CNN
Well I don’t really have much to add to this. I mean we did try to tell you guys that trump was a crook.

I am just waiting to see how his supporters will try to spin this one.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Spin and opinion are not facts.
I prefer facts.

Never voted for Trump. Might do so in 2020. Y'all keep reaching for a crime. . .
Not sure what more to say.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

The prosecutors are saying he acted at the direction of trump.

That’s not spin it’s just the reality

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Spin and opinion are not facts.

Which part of the article specifically, do you think this about? And why?
edit on 8-12-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So what? If I tell my taxi driver to rush to get me to the airport on time, who pays the speeding fine?

Cohen was contracted to Trump as a legal advisor. It's his job to inform Trump what is legal and illegal, and if pushed to do something illegal, he should respectfully decline and resign.

I think Cohen thought he had become a friend of Trump, and they were a 'team', forgetting he was being paid contractually as a lawyer. He either failed contractually to provide adequate legal advice, or he ignored the law and broke it himself.
edit on 8-12-2018 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

So Fusion GPS was kosher?

I don't think it was.

Have some consistency.

I haven't read enough into this to know what's going on, but you basically accepted it and defended it.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

So Cohen tells the truth and Cohen lies. How to know what is what? He'd make a terrible witness.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I don't think it was.

Have some consistency.

I haven't read enough into this to know what's going on, but you basically accepted it and defended it.

Not sure what your point it with Fusion GPS? Can you please clarify?

Was Fusion GPS contracted to provide legal advice?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I don't think it was.

Have some consistency.

The reason I used a taxi driver analogy is because they're being hired as a professional driver, who knows and adheres to the road rules. It doesn't matter what I as a passenger ask for. He is 100% culpable. A lawyer is contracted solely to provide legal advice. I use lawyers all the time for work and if I asked them to do something that wasn't legal (because I'm not expected to be aware of all applicable laws) then I would expect them to tell me rather than just go ahead with it.

I'm assuming Mueller has bountiful evidence of all the times Cohen pushed back and said 'no' to Trump? Because if he didn't, then he has not done what he's been legally contracted to do.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Federal prosecutors said for the first time Friday that Michael Cohen acted at the direction of Donald Trump when the former fixer committed two election-related crimes during the 2016 presidential campaign, as special counsel Robert Mueller outlined a previously undisclosed set of overtures and contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian nationals.

CNN
Well I don’t really have much to add to this. I mean we did try to tell you guys that trump was a crook.

I am just waiting to see how his supporters will try to spin this one.

"The prosecutors say;" = What Cohen says. Cohen has proved a unreliable in the truth telling department.

Don't need to spin it at all. Just apply logic and reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

You made a valid analogy with taxi drivers. As a passenger i can ask the driver to hurry. But if the police stop us for speeding i wouldn't get the ticket the driver does. Why because hes a professional and should know the rules of the road. And his choosing to ignore those rules for financial gain namely a bigger tip is his choice.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Do you have a reliable source? Anti-Trump cnn is not!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

So what? If I tell my taxi driver to rush to get me to the airport on time, who pays the speeding fine?

Cohen was contracted to Trump as a legal advisor. It's his job to inform Trump what is legal and illegal, and if pushed to do something illegal, he should respectfully decline and resign.

I think Cohen thought he had become a friend of Trump, and they were a 'team', forgetting he was being paid contractually as a lawyer. He either failed contractually to provide adequate legal advice, or he ignored the law and broke it himself.

Adolf Hitler never actually killed any of the six million Jews that were killed by the Nazi regime.

So, he's all good by your logic.

But, in truth, Incitement From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
edit on 8/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Isn't that why we have lawyers, so they can guide us and tell us when we cross a line?

So far all we have is Cohen saying this, and imo the real law being broken was the extortion of Trump. I would say the same if this happened to a Democrat too. People coming out demanding payments to keep quiet about legal things that occurred should be discouraged.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Only a matter of time before the Hitler comparison is used, because really what they did is identical.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Adolf Hitler never actually killed any of the six million Jews that were killed by the Nazi regime.

This is a stupid comparison for many reasons. First, Hitler wasn’t exactly contracting all of his subordinates for the purpose of providing legal advice.

Second, ordering the murder of millions of people is so obviously against the law one would reasonably know it. Trump is not a career politician, and as such I would not reasonably expect him to be aware of all of the legal requirements of such details as campaign finance laws, etc, hence why I would reasonably expect him to take advice from his lawyer.

Lastly, and here’s a free lesson from a former history teacher, Hitler’s full title as Fuhrer was a military one as “Leader and Supreme Commander of the Wehrmacht (or combined German military)”. German military law states that the superior officer is solely responsible for his order, so yes – Hitler was legally responsible for his order by German law. Lastly, the Hitler Oath was a pledge of allegiance sworn by military AND civil servants in Nazi Germany, and if you do some light reading on what happened to those who didn’t take the oath you’ll see that most of them were executed or sent to Dachau. Between you and me, I don’t think Cohen was under the same sort of pressure to follow instructions from Trump.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Lock'em up! It seems like every personal attack or lie Trump engages in, ends up biting him in the a$$! I often wonder if his staff and spokespeople have any strong moral principals or Integrity. For them to continue to work for him knowing full well the guy has been caught numerous times in lies and contradictions, just shows they have absolutely no standards when it comes to honesty and truthfulness. Considering Sarah Huckabee's father is a Christian minister, you would think he would have influenced her to have a higher moral standard when it comes to honesty and truthfulness. Sure doesn't say much about her father.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

But, in truth, Incitement From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You lost your argument when you have to use Hitler. Its real early for godwins law to take effect usually doesnt happen until we get at least 20 pages.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How does this fall on Trump? You hire a lawyer to get legal advice so you don’t break the law in a sticky situation. Not give the lawyer legal advice and then be blamed when they can’t do their job properly. If anything Cohen should be disbarred if not already and obviously prosecuted for any crimes he has committed.
edit on 8-12-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Sure, because being charged with an illegal and excessive corporate contribution is so much worse than having our federal government paying people to infiltrate and frame opposing campaigns! Obama's campaign was fined $375,000 for not reporting large excessive donations.

Trump could/would just as easily pay off women for the sole purpose of protecting his business interests and other stockholders in those businesses, not to mention his marriage. It all depends on what proof they had that it's election related.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join