It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US debt bubble getting ready to pop

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: rickymouse

the issue is that people are using this credit to cover basic necessities

As long as the economy appears to flourish and people are spending money, it doesn't make any difference to the ones running the economy. Yes, you are right, people are surviving off of credit too. But that kind of data is not separated from overall data that shows our economy is doing better than it is. After we recovered from the 08 crash national consumer debt seemed to be declining but it is back up there again. Student debt is jumping higher steadily too. The student debt is not included in the consumer debt, realistic numbers are hard to find.

and you nailed it. the politicians and talking heads on TV are just using whatever data they can to support their analysis without adding context. they rely on the ignorance of the masses to do this

Gee, your description of a politician should be entered into Wikipedia.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

tell me about it. I've spent the last several years wrapping my head around this topic. 1 so I can make an impactful argument. 2 so I can make intelligent investments and 3 so I can intelligently inform others

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
the Federal Reserve debt will be removed from the future US Treasury matter of Re-instating itself as the issuer of the New Dollar for circulation in the domestic market

the USD will still be 1 Oz of fine Silver = 325 Barley grains...(official ~ReSet~ bullion value @ $35 per Oz of Fine Silver

1 Oz of Fine Gold will continue to be valued at 15X the USD or $525 domestic, but 41.14X for international Gold ($1440.) ~with a 55% additional, special tax on international gold trade~

the present day FRN will trade in the Derivatives markets at a daily market range priced by supply-demand and might be backed by the enormous holdings of Real Estate captured by the Fed. in the course of the Great-Recession seizures by the Central Banks with their MERS property seizure mechanism of Mortgaged Properties on-the-books

the renouncing of FRNs and Fed created Debt is paramount for the ReSet to succeed & the US Treasury to resume coining Real Money

different weights of fine silver made up the historical PM coins minted in USA history... but the most fine Silver was once 375 grains versus the Bullion Troy Ounce which is presently 480 grains... so all the silver stackers of the last 40 years stand to have a 1 Troy oz Silver coin having a worth of near $45 ea. at the ~re-set~ of the domestic USD @ 35X the buying power of Today's FRN fiat debt dollar

just a mild thought stretching meme for your consideration.. ATS'ers

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

silver silver silver

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It has to come eventually. There are natural market cycles and bust is part of it. We've gone without a real market correction for far too long because people are pain averse -- too big to fail and all that.

I agree, but there has been a fundamental change to the natural flow of business boom and bust cycles. it's going from being a business cycle to a debt bubble cycle

And that's because people and businesses get bailed out. They get cushioned from their bad behavior so there is no real pain experienced from it.

If you could avoid being burned when you touched the hot pot, why avoid touching it?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

totally agree. we have to stop the tax breaks, there needs to be a uniform tax code nation wide no more sweat heart deals burdening home owners and employees. no more grant money, no more bailouts

if your business can't sustain itself it can't sustain and a real free market economy will adapt with adjusting prices

also, the Fed is our #1 biggest enemy

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The control of the Precious metals is just a sign that the dollar isn't what it used to be, at the present they have to be strictly controlled, or their would be a run on them, simply because their is no where else to go for wealth protection. At the moment the only place for investment is the stock market , if it was allowed to crash the PM's would go parabolic. It wants to correct to fair value, but every time a substantial correction occurs, the central banks with the plunge protection teams buy up stocks or bonds. The Banks have never tried this before, but ultimately a managed economy, where you invent money to pay your bills can only work until it doesn't. Either way its a straitjacket, interest rates cant normalise , because to do so would crash an economy, where everyone is already tapped out.
Eveyone says 2008 was the cause, but in all seriosness i think Vietnam did it, America was going broke then and because everybody knew it and exchanged dollars for gold, Nixon dropped the Gold standard, and from then on its been based on bull#.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

People live above their means

This is so true.

Long story short I didn't get to know my mother till I was in my 20s.
I myself have NEVER been in debt.

Mom was 50 years old when I moved in with her and she was over 40k in debt working 70 hours a week.
The debtors had taken her to court and her wages were garnished by 25%!

Shortly after I moved in but before I found out about her debt she lost the home the land. And literally almost worked herself to death. After the stress caused ulcers so bad that she bleed to death (yes she died for a few seconds on the way to the hospital) and dropped while at work she had to have a massive blood transfusion. Doctors told me they couldn't believe this women was even walking around let alone at work.

All of this because she wanted more THINGS in life than she could afford. And she lost them all.

Since then I have taught her how to live within her means. It took 12 years to help her pay off all her debt.

Today now that I have taught her to manage her money and live within her means she is happy and even has money saved up in case of emergencies.

Being in debt really does kill people.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
All you guys talking about collecting silver and gold are fooling yourselves.

If the # really hits the fan in this country silver and gold aren't going to help you.

You think I am going to trade you any of the food I have horded away for some chunks of metal?

Do you think any one would?

Silver and gold will only mater so long as the system has some kind of control . In a real SHtF scenario that system is gone.

Food, clean water, medical supplies, weapons and ammo. Those will be the things people trade in.
Also warm clothing and sex and physical labor.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

who's discussing stfh scenario?

I'm discussing strategic investment strategies

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
a reply to: face23785

People were buying stuff which they could not afford back then too. Debt & loans have been around for thousands of years. A smartphone is a radio, TV, alarm clock, encyclopedia, cookbook, map, camera, video camera, diagnostic tool, etc. & $1000 for a smartphone is a deal so is $500 for a 50' flat screen TV. Lets say your went back in time before 1971. Did you have a camera, video camera, encyclopedia, cookbooks, TV, radio, etc? How much did those things combined cost you before 1971? I'm pretty sure they're way more affordable today, yet people still don't have enough money to buy them. This is because of the Federal Reserves debasement of our currency. A dollar is a U.S. debt note. Even if one has enough debt notes to buy something, they are still using debt to buy it.

No one said there wasn't junk back then. There's just much more of it now and we're inundated by advertising. The numbers don't lie. We're buying way more commodities than we used to, adjusted for inflation.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

can you provide actual data or are you just making that up?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join