It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Ebola...and something interesting on the side...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Time to stop letting people travel to USA from that region of Africa.

Why can someone donate hand sanitizer to the people, and teach hygiene. I unpacked my kids together this year at college. I realized I had given them 5 hand sanitizers over the years and they weren't using them. I said put one near your door for guests, and one each in your car drink cup holders. ATMs, gas pumps, sign up pens at offices and cashiers, money, handshaking... all germy activities. Quarantene the area. There is no cure for this and it is catchy. Africa is on fire.

link   

edit on 8-12-2018 by frugal because: The comment was repeated. Program at ats not working right.

link   

edit on 8-12-2018 by frugal because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

That is good advice. A lot of hand washing can go a long way to being and staying healthy.

In the Ebola affected areas its much more complicated though. A person can get infected and travel, interacting with others, without knowing they are infected. The proximity to a large travel center is what makes this particular outbreak so dangerous. When its out in the middle of nowhere an entire village can get wiped out but it spreads no further due to its rapid lethality. But when its in a crowded city there is no telling how many directions it can spread from just one piece of currency.

In some situations the person believed to be infected and all their contacts can be traced and monitored. But in some cases there are simply too many unknowns. One visit to a crowded market for example. It's a scary situation. And that is in a place where they are familiar with Ebola and deal directly with it. What will happen if someone infected gets on a plane? All those people going different directions when they land will start showing symptoms about the time they get home. Most will probably write it off as the typical cold or flu people sometimes get when they travel and not seek help until its too late.
edit on 8-12-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

i see you are a victim of the dreaded LAG ....

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I hope labs are all over it,where do you think the current vax came from?

It was held in a freezer and companies didn't buy it because they didn't see it as something they could make money on so it just sat in a CDC freezer.

HE and Russian biolabs could make things that would make Ebola seem tame, imagine an airborne hemorrhagic fever with a long period of time before symptomatic but still contagious with an almost 100% lethality rate.
edit on 8-12-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink

i see you are a victim of the dreaded LAG ....

Been there- done that.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I have no doubt in my mind that somewhere in the world is a vial of exactly what you described. The only thing stopping its use is the idea that even a well designed immunization may not be 100% effective. Once released the disease can mutate. One significant mutation and any existing vaccines or cures could be worthless. The disease has no allegiance to its creators. It will kill them as surely as anyone else.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Compassionate use of Ebola vaccine in the context of the Ebola outbreak in North Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo Updated 30 October 2018

Congratulations. You found something using the words "compassionate use" that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Eligibility criteria for selecting studies: Studies were included where the intervention was being used to treat Ebola in human subjects regardless of study design, comparator or outcome measured.

As I said earlier, MEURI can be used in a variety of settings or conditions. Just because you found one that involved vaccines does not in any way negate the fact that the subject of this thread is the treatment of patients with unregistered investigative drugs and is being conducted as we speak. Finding an example of an alternate use has no effect or meaning in terms of this thread. It only appeals to your desire to derail another thread.

Honestly, this is not the first time you have replied to one of my threads within a few minutes with an obvious intent. I can picture you sitting there at your computer, hunched over, mumbling incoherently, just waiting day after day until finally I start a thread. You gasp with excited anticipation and nearly drown on your own drool as you frantically pound your keyboard with some snotty meaningless reply.

That makes me happy. Its nice to know you are so obsessed with me that you have to jump in the very moment you see a thread from me. Please continue. You amuse me oaf.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As stated in the original status report as of 12/3 there were 471 cases including 48 probable. Among those cases were 273 deaths with 48 probable.

As of 12/8 the number of cases jumped to 494, up 23 in five days. The number of deaths rose by the same number, 23.

Per the most recent news report dated 12/4 Beni, Komanda, and Katwa led the way with 8 new cases each. The problem there, of course, is that Beni is only 35 miles from Butembo which is a much larger city with links to other trade and travel centers. Butembo has a dense and mobile population - exactly what you do not want in an Ebola outbreak. Multiple cases have already been reported in Butembo and the number is increasing regularly along with neighboring districts.

With the number of confirmed cases, and deaths, up by 23 in just 5 days, including in a populous city, it is safe to say that containment is not yet a reality.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Consider this:

Monsanto spliced an Ebola virus with wheat.
It's currently grown in Australia.
Excuse?
To kill the kangaroos, and it does, within an hour of them eating the wheat, they die were they are sitting. From mass hommorages.

This results in bumper crops, that are then fed to us humans.

Australia has a research lab for an Ebola vaccine.

If they change the genome to directly target humans, I estimate that they could kill the majority of the Australian population within a week.

Celiacs would be safe........ except there is a huge push to allow gluten in gluten free foods.

Pretty obvious.

In the first big outbreak in Africa, tribes/groups were barricading the entrances / roads to their location, to prevent WHO coming in and injecting them with vaccines...... causing Ebola.

Bill Gates people have been kicked out of an African country, because they were searching for a more viriluent form of Ebola.

Then, of course, their are mass deaths and injuries caused by vaccines, that is their purpose.

They have a special vaccine that disables dark skinned males, the same way that autism affects more boys.

Disabling our warriors.

Drugs, disease, poverty, poisoned food all weapons for depopulationed.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The most recent data is disappointing.

AS of 12/10 the number of cases was 500 with another 5 added on the 11th. That means from 12/5/thru 12/11 the number of new cases jumped up by 37. That includes one case in Ituri province which has not seen a confirmed case in more than 100 days.

The highest new case count of 18 occurred in Katwa/Butembo, the most populous city in the area. Butembo is a travel hub for the area and the new case count as well as the newest case in Ituri province have officials deeply concerned.

sit-rep

update 19

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
According to a previous update things are still getting worse instead of better. The increase in new cases from 12/5 thru 12/11 jumped up by 37.

According to the newest update in the period between 12/11 and 12/19 the number of new cases jumped up by 55 in just 8 days.

There are now 560 cases with new case clusters intensifying in Butembo and Katwa, a city area home to more than a million people. Also a cause for alarm, a new case was reported in nearby Biena just a few miles from Butembo. This is the first reported case in Biena, but its proximity to Butembo is of great concern due to the lack of containment in the large city.

The number of new cases is still increasing with each reporting period and the new case in Biena is concerning since it appears the disease has crossed the entire city region of Butembo/Katwa.

sit rep 20

as of 12/19

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Are you really, really, really sure?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join