It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emmanuel Macron goes AWOL as protests, violence plague Paris

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
a reply to: madmac5150

Oh huh huh! Que the French jokes...
French rifle for sale-never fired and only dropped once.

You forget the french revolution where they got so mad they killed everyone in charge.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

We are more likely to see local revolts than national ones. Even if/when taxes get so damn high that the common person can't afford to eat they will turn to other venues of financial gain. It takes a great leader to unite the common people and motivate them to think about more than just themselves. Sadly, we don't have any leaders at the national level who actually give a damn about the common people.

Sure, there may be tons of leaders at the local level, but hell even in the best places I've traveled to the community leaders were corrupt in some form or fashion. That's just what happens. Power and authority will wittle away at a person's integrity until that nature becomes self-serving.

As long as the community is doing alright it's okay if I take a little of the top.

It won't hurt anyone, right?

I deserve it, right?

Of course I do.

The community is starting to struggle.

Well, they did it too themselves.

They don't care anymore.

As long as I get mine.

It's the next person's problem.

----------------------------------------

And honestly, in my opinion, things wouldn't suck at a national level if more people gave a damn about their communities. If they took care of each other. If they actually gave a damn about things instead of just bitching.

BUT. How are people supposed to have faith in a voting system when they don't really have a choice in who runs?
If everyone sucks, who do you vote for? Do you just not vote? Then the former #ty person just retains their position.

Just wait until everything gets so #ty that the only thing people want to do is either descend into depression and drown their sorrows or get angry and flip tables? Then what? Who's going to be in charge next? Who gets to take care of the mess that was just made? The loudest revolutionary? The guy who is actually a decent human being and fit for the job, but doesn't want to do it because he values his privacy and doesn't want every day of his life under scrutiny of the common person?

You gotta have a plan first before the old office is dismantled, or else you end up with a bigger mess. And good luck with plans, because in this digital age plans can get you in big trouble. Even if they are just hypothetical.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
And hell, even the local riots are more than likely going to be squashed by the state.
People want to start burning # down and breaking windows until the police, guard, or state militia comes in.

Police and military personnel in general won't be going in to cause serious or grave bodily harm, but there sure are a hell of a lot of less than lethal measure to deter the destruction of their communities. II personally know a lot of police and military personnel who *dream* of some violent overthrow of the #ty politicians up there in their lofty offices, but they know there's a right way and a wrong way to cause change - getting pissy and burning and breaking things isn't the way to do it.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

seems to me like the disarmed population is actually accomplishing more right now

The, French people have guns too. Not as many as Americans but more than here inyje UK, the BBC even said last night that zone protestor are talking about bringing guns. I hope they don't.

You're speaking a lot of sense, it's amazing how the 2nd Ammendment makes people think differently about guns, it's bordering on obsession a lot of the time and arguing the point is pretty useless, a lot of suporters love their guns more than life itself (others will tell you their gun IS life itself and I don't mean mountain men who hunt for their food, I mean people who have a veritable arsenal in their homes and horde them for home defence or in case the government comes for their beloved guns.

I'm not saying this is all gun owners, far from it. I just think it's sad that some people will strap their Concealed Carry Sidearm each day praying "let today be the day I can be a hero" some will say this type of person doesn't exist but we've all seen this type salivating at the thought of being able to take down a bad guy who's opened fite in a public setting....

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Gotta love the French people - NOT the leadership.
Marcon is a spineless P.O.S as are all globalists. They can only function with dictatorial power. Not a good idea to try that snip in France. Eventually the gallic shrug turns into rage and heads start to roll. Literally.

I hope people carry out swift justice on the French govt. and especially that little Rothschild banker turd, Macron.

Perhaps now the French people realise why they should have elected Marine Le Pen. Macron's highly predictable snip show sets up the next election nicely. Perhaps the UK and America also need a real dose of radical leftism to wake the F*** up.
edit on 8/12/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We have violent destructive protests like France has, and all they really do is hurt people not government. France and America could learn a thing or two from Dr. King.

Unfortunately the media is too busy fostering hate and dissension among Americans so they hate each other more than they hate government.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Is there even a single joke concerning the French that hasn't had more turns than a twenty dollar New Orleans whore?

But, I guess it's an "Old" culture.

The rest of the world puts up with their pansy-a$$ed pu$$yism because, what?

The Eiffel tower is like, COOL?

It's a Gallic symbol, you know...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If i recall, the French President can go full dictator for a brief period

Maybe if the French people ask the NRA nicely, they might ship them some guns, like they did to the UK when the Germans were trying to take their freedom

What a great idea. Now, let's say they asked and the NRA obliged, what now? The French (who as I already said aren't short a gun or two) get a buttload of firearms from the NRA and overthrow their government. The NRA (a foreign Association) directly involving themselves in French affairs? Do you think the EU or UN would stand for that?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Meanwhile...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's the media's job, keeping the people divided, can't have a populace that work together that would be disastrous.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Beaten to submission, that's that boot Orwell was going on about....

edit on 8-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

That is police brutality in action right there. Those on the ground are clearly submitting and still being beaten...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Looks like they simply wanted them to remove their yellow vests. Either that or being in or near a burger king wearing a yellow vest is a very serious crime there?

Seemed ok when they removed their vests and ran away.

Crazy times in France, not surprised Macron went AWOL.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

that was a disgusting display. the person was down and was clearly giving up, yet still getting beaten repeatedly, and even by multiple officers at one point there. like you I am wondering what the offense was to warrant such a response? It really doesnt even matter tho......that is unacceptable no matter what the cause imo. person was legit defenseless/clearly giving up and still getting beaten.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Not surprised the citizens of Paris have had enough. So much been going on over the last 10 years or so and Macron hasn't fixed the problems or listended to the people.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Anyone know of any live streams ?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Anyone know of any live streams ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/8/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I recall a huge (it seemed) uprising of people in IRAN over the past Summer. They wanted new leadership?

Anyway, what happened to that?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Has Macron crawled back out from his rock yet?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: abe froman

It's not that simple, the migrant issue is only the tip of the iceberg, and it's only a minority of the population that feel that way about the migrants, the widening gap between rich and poor is the main driving force,the working class are fed up just scraping by, in fact you Americans could learn a thing or 2 about how to protest an out of control government that lines it's own pockets at the expense of the people.

Wait, France wants a subsistence society and they can’t afford it anymore, so they pinch more in taxes and you say it is about rich people?

You people vote that crap in so enjoy.😈

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join